Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Mods

Mods Men of War mods and other improvements

Old 07-10-2010, 03:11 AM
Approved Member

Exactly, the KV didnt have an AA MG and that is why I decided to figure out a way to get it on there. I played w/ the T34 alot in the editor and found out it had butter armor and a crappy gun, then I tried the KV1 found it had crappy gun but good armor. Then once I started testing it I found out that the lack of a AA MG made it gawd awful vulnerable to infantry attacks and figured that since this tank has good armor I just need a better gun and a AA MG to make it a perfect tank......In game atleast
Old 07-10-2010, 03:49 AM
Approved Member

In game it would be good but, it just destroys it for me. I got a whole photo album of KV-1, KV-1c, KV-2, KV-6, KV-8, KV-8c, KV-85, KV-14, and alot more and none of them have a MG on top. I'm pretty sure the whole KV series has no mounted MG on top of the turret.

To get a MG on top in real life you would have to make it the size of a IS3 or King Tiger, just to fit it which would involve changinge of the armor and improving the engine along with other things.

If you want new tanks in the KV series, talk to the ghost of Klim Voroshilov.

Last edited by Korsakov829; 07-10-2010 at 03:53 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:38 AM
Approved Member

Well surely I cant talk to Voroshilov(thought it would be fun...have him make a new KV) and idk how to work any 3DS Max Studios or anything so messin w/ .def and .mdl files was the only way I knew to get the MG haha. Surely it gives me the effect I was going for. but why would the turret need to be soo much bigger like Is3 or King Tiger? Is the slot for the gun and the ammo that big? O.o And there already is a KV6? Thats no fun haha...I wound up renaming mine to the KV6-K....meh no fun
Old 07-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

There wouldn't be enough room for the crew and it would make the armor on one side of the turret weak. Plus there is no where on top of the turret for it to fit so you would have to make it as heavy as a King Tiger and T29 put together. Once its big enough using the engine (600 HP) would not be enough to move such a weight. And while your at it I sure doubt the suspension would hold out. If you make it perfect enough and it works, all you get is something that sinks in the mud, costs so much to make the world bankrupt in a few years of full production.

A top MG wasn't added for a reason. If you did add one, you would end up with something like a heavy panther.