Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
Alpha, I think it's pretty obvious that a large portion of members don't think before posting, given the bans which are being handed around for either swearing or quoting posts with swear-words in them. It's one way of showing how not to run a forum (especially given that I could search your past posts for swear-words with results; so yes, you are a hypocrite).

@Bongo; the reason why they are still posting is because they want the game to succeed; isn't it obvious? If everyone was a devoted 'fan-boi' there would be no constructuve criticism, so the devs would be lulled into a situation where they thought that everyone was happy with the sim. Most poeple aren't happy with the sim; they're just content with the possiblity that the sim could become something great (if pushed in the right direction).
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Luthier himself has advocated constructive criticism. The only times that criticsm breaks down and becomes de-constructive is when there is a major silence from the devs, indicating that they are either unaware of the community, or immune to it. I doubt both of these examples are true, but people won't stop being 'negative' until there is official word on all areas of the sim under the spotlight.
Phil,

I understand the concept of criticism and how fanboi'ism will not help, but the criticism is becoming a stuck record, and I don't think a constant barrage of DCS is better or ROF is better will help the sim suceed, rather it will make people go and buy DCS and ROF and forget COD......no? but how about this for a concept, every aspect of the games bugginess has now been discussed to death, and there have been sadly only a couple of threads that really go into highlighting the bugs, the rest is just mud slinging, this is why I see no logic to the current form of criticism....it just wont help the sim suceed at all.

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition

Last edited by bongodriver; 07-11-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Approved Member

This thread has potential but unfortunately shows all the signs of becoming another flame fest.

Anyway, yes I think so far so good. The MP sound issue is the most critical of fixes at the moment, but we have been told to wait a few months for a complete rewriting of the code. Perhaps this is the best way.
Nobody knows the game code better than the devs, and if they think it neccessitates a complete overhaul, then there must be a good reason for it.
Frustrating for the online gamers for sure, but let's hope the wait will be worth it.
I'd like to see how this thread develops in the coming months.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:12 PM
BigPickle

Really i think making fullscreen through-out the game is the most critical, but definately the MP sound bug is a killer.

By the way is it just ATI that still has the crazy flashing of desktop or does Nvidia have it too?
Old 07-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

I understand the rules on swearing, but a 7 day ban for quoting a swear word seems a little over zealous and just looks power hungry. Sorry alpha it just does.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorin View Post
Alpha, may I advise you to read up on civil disorder and especially the causes related to it. No one can or should blame these guys for how they act as they have every right to it and oppression won't solve the problem of the general atmosphere here, which is fueled by the lack of interaction by the developers and not vis versa.

Of course, you are in the worst position of all having to play police in here, I feel for you, but you know as well as all others that we have been screwed over and that the devs saying "Hate us, we deserve it!" won't make it any less of an unforgiveable offence.
No ones being oppressed, just being asked to read the rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
Alpha, I think it's pretty obvious that a large portion of members don't think before posting, given the bans which are being handed around for either swearing or quoting posts with swear-words in them. It's one way of showing how not to run a forum (especially given that I could search your past posts for swear-words with results; so yes, you are a hypocrite).
Yes I'm a hypocrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane View Post
Doffs cap to the mighty moderator!
And doffs mine if you went and read the rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPickle View Post
Alpha ~ Ok fine mate, I wont joke, but whats really ironic is that you are reduced to name calling such as ungrateful kids etc when your telling me off for name calling and joking around.

+1 Philip you always can say what I want to say but dont have the literary skills to do so.
Didn't call anyone names just made an observation and asked for some thought process before knee jerking into their keyboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
I understand the rules on swearing, but a 7 day ban for quoting a swear word seems a little over zealous and just looks power hungry. Sorry alpha it just does.
Nothing to do with power hungry, I have better things to do like sit my sunny garden sipping on tea munching cucumber sarnies, unfortunately if members here cant be bothered to read what they are reposting its their responsibility to take control of what they are reading and responding to, because of this I have to get off my deck chair and respond to the complaints.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 07-11-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:37 PM
BigPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Didn't call anyone names just made an observation and asked for some thought process before knee jerking into their keyboards
Then i did nothing wrong too by trying to be humourus, and i always think before i type, unless being honest about my feelings about not liking the outright FIB's we are told in this forum, Fullscreen & Community liason being just two. But I shall let it drop
Old 07-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Crane

But a 7 day ban for first offense!!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Approved Member

I think it had more to do with "who" than why.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Crane

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
I think it had more to do with "who" than why.
ah yes that would be right.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

Nobody got banned on this thread did they?

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition