Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 05-21-2011, 01:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Hm . . . Asmodeo, sounds alott like Asmodean there is item in HoMM3-WoG with which you can call hero lvl 15 i think to fight in your place. Didi you ppl that work in 1c had something with that game ?
Units gathering experiance, summoned creature Asmadeo . . . it all remind me to Wake of Gods
In any case i hope to see english version of this new expansion (mod or whatever) Red sands.
i worked on Crossworlds, indeed.
I can't see any chances until someone want to translate it.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Approved Member

It would take at least a couple willing people, who can speak Russian very well, to translate all the text in Red Sands... So, I doubt it's gonna be translated any time soon.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zini4_tha_grunt View Post
5 companions, 15 creatures, about 30 items, and much more .
Yep, and it's also adds a summoning creature, ultra-beholder Asmadeo, which can gain expirience too.
We spent about 7 months to create such a big campaign.
If you can realy speak rus, perhaps we can cooperate, 'cos i do know english. My grade is upper intermidiate. Still this is colossus to translate for me on my own. And i simple out of time for this.
What would you say?
Perhaps, after all we can try to send our resume to Blizzard
wow, you guys have done a truly amazing job! i've played it for a few hours in a last couple of days and it's just incredible how many new stuff is inside. there's a whole new island for chrissake!!
it would really be a shame if it ain't gonna be translated. i would gladly help you with that, but my russian is so thin (and as you can see, my english is not much better either ) that i would be of no help at all.

for those impatient among you (like myself, indeed ) who wish to try it out, there's a way to run this mod on english version of crossworlds.
install mod into your game folder, then go into your ...sessions\red_sands\ folder and extract red_sands.kfs file (with 7zip or some other program).
then go to ...red_sands\localization\ folder and for all files replace prefix "rus_" for with prefix "eng_". after that delete red_sands.kfs file.
i have english steam version of crossworlds and this procedure worked fine for me.
keep in mind that most part of the game (interface, objects, quests...) will be in russian, so if you don't speak at least a little bit of russian, maybe you should wait for a translation.

Поздравляю всех, кто трудился над mод! Вы - молодцы!

p.s.
maybe we should start a new thread for this mod. after all, this is still bladeking's mod thread and any post not related to it is off topic (spam).
Old 05-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

Smile V 1.1

I just released version 1.1! Enjoy... And let me know if you find any bugs.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Hmm, I'l give it a try, but I would also like to try Red Sands. I've read about it on the russian forum and I still hope someone will translate it, at least the most important things (strictly necessary for playing I mean).
Old 05-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Approved Member

Gj with 1.1 version, medal requirements are reasonable now
Can you pls list files needed to replace in old 1.0 version to get new Castle option in Debir, since i copy some files from other mod and changed some options in your version, and now i have no idea what else i changed. So i ask for those new files for owning castle option in this 1.1 update, just to copy them in my game folder. I`ll start new campaign no prob.
And last : some idea for Champion talent ? I mean they are interesting and useful, but 5th lvl unit with no talents only passive abilities Something like orc run and push, or brontor ram maybe. And since i play with mage now, i wonder do they count for warriors counterstrike skill ? Ogre, troll and rest of giant company are affected by that skill so champion should to i`m just asking. If yes, i`m restarting campaign this moment and going unlimited retaliation champion build

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 05-27-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Gj with 1.1 version, meadl requirements are reasonable now
Finaly i figured how to change spell requirements for medals. It`s quite retarded
Instead spell_used-spell_name . . . just place talent name like second_wind_used since it`s not spell and it works no problems. It need to be replaced in all medal lvl`s but that`s all, no other global strings changes needed. I placed second wind for warrior medal +rage, and respawn/prayer for paladin medal +dmg%.
Can you pls list files nedded to replace in old 1.0 version to get new Castle option in Debir, since i copy some files form other mod and changed some options in your version, and now i have no idea what else i changde. So i ask for those new files for owning castle option in this 1.1 update, just to copy them in my game folder. I`ll start new campaign no prob.
And last : some idea for Champion talent ? I mean they are interesting and usefull, but 5th lvl unit with no talents only pasive abilities Something like orc run and push, or brontor ram maybe. And since i play with mage now, i wonder do they count for warriors counterstrike skill ? Ogre, troll and rest of giant company are affected by that skill so champion should to i`m just asking. If yes, i`m restarting campaign this moment and going unlimited retaliation champion build
I think these are all the files you'll need for the castle:

hero_castle.png
eng_actors.lng

([...] means that there are multiple files, and you basically need them all)
debir.[...].loc
eng_chat_[...].lng
[...].chat
[...].act
[...].lu
[...].qst
(That's a lot of files altogether, and you don't actually need them all, but unless you're using a mod that adds new stuff on the map, it should be okay to add them all)

I had one idea for Champions' talent... Battle Cry - Pretty much like the spell.
Gives all allies (for example)+2 initiative for 3 rounds(turns).
Spares you a spell-cast, and even more useful if you don't have the spell learned.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that counterattack should affect Champions as well.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

Hi, i just started a new campaign with yr. new version and there's a problem with the special skill. i started warrior on impossible and it gave me(by default without doing the quest) the archmage skill. I haven't the the cuest for counterattack yet, we i'll do i'll let you know what happend
Old 05-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yujy View Post
Hi, i just started a new campaign with yr. new version and there's a problem with the special skill. i started warrior on impossible and it gave me(by default without doing the quest) the archmage skill. I haven't the the cuest for counterattack yet, we i'll do i'll let you know what happend
Sorry, I messed that up a little. Thanks for letting me know.
I'll update the rar, and for those who already downloaded:
Just replace the hero.txt with the one I added as an attachment here(or the one from orcs.kfs).
Attached Files
File Type: txt hero.txt (7.8 KB, 23 views)
Old 05-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Approved Member

Wow, downloading now, very cool. Nice to see a mod of this size come out. Thanks for the hard work, cant wait to try it out!