Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 03-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
hehe I have a 5.1 sound system, don't want to ruin the sound by wearing headphones.
Im very confused by that statement?
Old 03-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
hehe I have a 5.1 sound system, don't want to ruin the sound by wearing headphones.
Fair enough... I like my 7.1 surround sound headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt vertigo View Post
I upgraded from TrackIR 3 with hat to TrackIR 5 with clip about three weeks ago and can't stop talking about the improvements.
I have the camera on the left of my monitor, inline with the clip..
Default settings. 24" monitor.
The thing works flawlessly. No jitteriness at all, even when zoomed in on cockpit while I am setting compass, gunsights, etc.

I can't imagine any improvement at this point, except virtual reality glasses or a full blown holodeck...
I must confess, I am saving up for a holodeck tho...
Oh yeah, I had started with the Track IR3 - then added the Vector Expansion to it, to give me 6dof, then moved up to the Track IR4 pro.
Going straight from a TIR3 to a TIR5 was a huge advancement for you, I am sure you are extremely pleased with the difference.

I use the hat clip with my TIR 4 , and it works just great for me - never any issues, and can't says I have ever seen any jitters or anything like that with it very smooth movement. Now while it is now installed, I have not run COD yet so cannot comment on how it performs for me in this sim yet.

The key as previously mentioned - spend some time with the software getting the axis responses adjusted to suit your tastes, test the camera making sure the three lights are centered and no other lights/artifacts showing up on the camera screen in the tir software - escecially a red light, usually an indication of light interference from somewhere in the room. This can usually be adjusted out by increasing the light filtering in the software, or barring that, moving the source causing the light interference.

I like my Track IR so much, I will probably go ahead and upgrade to the Track IR5 just to have the latest - knowing the improvement over the TIR4 is probably relatively small. I will stick with the hat clip device though, as I don't wear a headphone while flying...

EVGA X79 Dark MB| I7 4820Kcpu @ 4.5 ghz|16gb Corsair 2100 MHZ DDR3 ram|EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB |SoundBlaster Z PCIe soundcard | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Windows 8.1 64 bit
Old 03-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 Cheese View Post
I always had trouble with the clip,for some reason when i moved my head to the right it kept stopping on me,so i went back to the trusty hat.

Cheese
Move your track ir so that it faces the clip (not centered with your face but offseted to the side of your clip), it's your head that is blocking the unit...
Old 03-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

Hi as I said in another thread. The track clip is great but seriously be very very gently with it!

I took my headset off and placed (yes placed not dropped) it on my desk while I went out for a smoke. When I came back and put it back on it was broke.

There's a lot of complaints about them but as long as you are careful it's worth it. I wouldn't want to go back to the old way having had one.

Cheers

Emil
Old 03-21-2012, 04:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post

my hat clip works well for me, i get a bit of tearing but i think thats more gfx setup rather than the Track itself
Regarding the tearing, that is usually seen when running a game with vsync set off - try to enable vsync in the game if there is a option for it there, or force it on through the graphic card drivers.

Hope this helps,

EVGA X79 Dark MB| I7 4820Kcpu @ 4.5 ghz|16gb Corsair 2100 MHZ DDR3 ram|EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB |SoundBlaster Z PCIe soundcard | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Windows 8.1 64 bit
Old 03-21-2012, 06:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.burnette View Post
Regarding the tearing, that is usually seen when running a game with vsync set off - try to enable vsync in the game if there is a option for it there, or force it on through the graphic card drivers.

Hope this helps,
If in game vsynch does not improve it then, as suggested, do it in the graphics card game profile (or the default profile) but also turn on Triple Buffering or it may actually cause fps issues.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders