Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Approved Member

Same opinion here: the possibility to merge CloD and the sequel is all I want to hear of the future development of the series
Old 09-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

The strange thing is that it was already said months ago (by luthier) that the sequel would install on top of COD and update it (and that it would also be a standalone product for those who didn't have COD), yet somehow in the intervening period that all became open to doubt again...I think because B6 felt he did not have authority to comment about it when asked in various threads...crazy?!

So, I'm glad that people are relieved to have it confirmed but it's not news to me.

Last edited by kendo65; 09-14-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:32 AM
Approved Member

Old 09-14-2012, 11:34 AM
Approved Member

Please god let them release a decent patch!

Surely you realise you must fix the major CloD issues and win back potential customers with a strong final version of CloD. Dropping it now will spell disaster for any sequel, with only a small dedicated number buying it.

The future looks decidedly dodgy.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by falstaff View Post
luthier said:

No, not agree i'm afraid. One disaster heaped on another.

Perhaps some concessionary truth about the past would earn goodwill for the future. Glossing over things and putting standard-issue spin on the situation helps no-one.

Blacksix has been the fire buffer between the forum and the devs and placed in a very difficult position, and sometimes made to look ridiculous (perhaps through no fault of his own, and nothing to do with his command of english). The answers he has given (or been allowed to give) have been oddly-worded, idiosyncratic, sometimes evasive, sometimes oddly whimsical, sometimes banal, and have often turned out to be factually incorrect.

This is suggests the supply of information to blacksix has not been thought out very well, if at all. It also suggests a distinct lack of anythign resembling coherent project management.

The number of dissenting voices on here is not high, so i thought they should be adequately represented. In short the reaction to clod has been awful, not that you would often guess it from this forum in recent months. This is a fact, not a slight against the forum.
+1000

Support for fixing CloD has not been good (compare yourselves to Rise of Flight, or DCS? You cannot) - still the game has not the features promised on launch, i won't list the huge list of things broken or missing we all know them, and now you expect people will buy your sequel? You say yourself you are not proud of it.

Sorry but I must conclude 1C does not live on the same planet as we players (and, I point out, PAYERS).

To discuss the work on CloD as dragging down your bottom line and sending into the red, please reconsider. Fixing CloD is an investment in your future, encourage people to buy your sequel. Why should they when you do not fix what is broken, it will be the same for the sequel.

UNLESS YOU MAKE THE SEQUEL FREE OR BIG DISCOUNT FOR PLAYERS WHO MADE THE MISTAKE TO BUY CLOD.

Last edited by planespotter; 09-14-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

I like you because you brought COD which is an Improvement to IL2. It really is. People how say it's not are just fooling themselves. Give the final patch and the community will do the rest with mods and addons like DESASTERSOFT.

Keep doing the fantastic work of keeping the sim world ALIVE.

I would love to see an eastern front as well as the pacific in the future. BUsiness is business and I understand that you can't run a company based on dreams.

just m 2 cents that I hope all of you wonderful Russians will read. I feel that most of the mature and reasonable community will understand your position.

Don't pay attention to the posts like : no one will buy the sequel

Yes they will. All true Flight sim fans will buy

Thanks for all the support

I am mostly happy because you will stick it out with the patch untuil the very end.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Approved Member

As some Posts above, Luthier.
Thanks for the comm.
One question : how could you expect to me buying your sequel if you do not fix the basis of original product ? Give me a proof to trust in you.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planespotter View Post
+1000

Support for fixing CloD has not been good (compare yourselves to Rise of Flight, or DCS? You cannot) - still the game has not the features promised on launch, i won't list the huge list of things broken or missing we all know them, and now you expect people will buy your sequel? You say yourself you are not proud of it.

Sorry but I must conclude 1C does not live on the same planet as we players (and, I point out, PAYERS).

To discuss the work on CloD as dragging down your bottom line and sending into the red, please reconsider. Fixing CloD is an investment in your future, encourage people to buy your sequel. Why should they when you do not fix what is broken, it will be the same for the sequel.

UNLESS YOU MAKE THE SEQUEL FREE OR BIG DISCOUNT FOR PLAYERS WHO MADE THE MISTAKE TO BUY CLOD.
Agreed ,i am afraid i won't be buying the sequel on the whim,i will wait and see but to be honest i really can't see how you can expect people to buy the sequel .
Old 09-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Approved Member

All I can really say is 'we will see', so many knock backs already for the forgotten segment in this farce, the customer, that I will believe it when its out and working.

However, if I am reading this properly there will be a patch for CLoD, that will fix some of it, but for the finished product (paid for many months ago) we will need to shell out more £/$?

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 09-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

Oh my god!!!

I am just guessing many things in luthiers post, but for me personally, that is really the hit in the neck of the il2series.

My comments:
1.) Answered question are nearly the same as his last post and nearly all answers are really of low priority. AA? = not essential! Su-26? = nowhere near essential! and SLI? = waste of time until the whole game gets better engine.

2.) Engine: My claim is, that simply nobody will ever know, if you really rewrote it! For most of my mates it simply looks like taking away features and try out the best feature set. It is 100% sure for me, that the newsteam patch will tell us some truth. If this patch is not sufficient and just an official release of the current beta with some reimplemented features, this will be the end of trust in their abilities. And that from me, who always stayed calm. This will be the killer and if you do not release BoM soon and with a big test version for free, noone will ever buy the sequel instantly.

So, if this patch and the sequel are not 100% evolution of current state, the il2 series seems to be dying.

@luthier: please give information of the official patch. This is the question, which everyone wants to know immediately. Otherwise I am really afraid, that this post can be the last drop of water, which is needed to lose a big part of your customers. I feel a bit fooled, because you instantly answered totally non-essential questions.

Sorry, but feed us with the patch info, readme or something else.

We cannot see all things, that you see in development. So I am a little bit more defensive with your sentence about support in comparison to other games. I just say, that a big question is, if your staff is really able to serve a fast support on such a game? This is offensive, but this question is now burning in my mind. It seems, that efforts are made too slow. If this is not true, you should serve us with information, which shows your efforts and explains complexity. Otherwise it is soon over, as noone understands anymore, why so few efforts impact so late and in such a quality.

Blacksix: thanks for all your work on the frontlines. Today it should be luthiers time to explain. Hope he will explain essential things to put out the biggest fire: "trust of customers"! The initial post here was only salt into the wounds.

How do we say in Germany: "Hosen runter!" ("Trowsers down please!") This is exactly the time!
Closed Thread