Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

You think Foremen + Miners is a 'worst 5' combo?

And seriously, anything other than Demoness' is going to be strong without the need to swap.

So far it has been very challenging. I've only found Bears and Devilfish (through bola). Clearing out Scarlet and Debir using only two stacks of terrible units. I'm starting to think though that bears are better than dwarves.

Casualties are almost unavoidable (Paladin) without archers or spell damage. I'm not sure if I'm even going to be able to get grand strategy. Maybe if I get an Ogre soon.

Got some good luck though, in that there was a knights shield nearby. That 300 extra leadership is making quite the difference so far. I may invest in Glory quickly.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

How about berserkers for a lvl 2 unit..?
Nothing beats a low-def unit ramboing into the enemy with their 5 speed in round 1.
And Gobots? Sure its a ranged unit, but they die as fast and hit as hard as a peasent but cost tripple the leadership?

Anyway good luck on a tremendously annoying game!
Old 06-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
You think Foremen + Miners is a 'worst 5' combo?

And seriously, anything other than Demoness' is going to be strong without the need to swap.

So far it has been very challenging. I've only found Bears and Devilfish (through bola). Clearing out Scarlet and Debir using only two stacks of terrible units. I'm starting to think though that bears are better than dwarves.

Casualties are almost unavoidable (Paladin) without archers or spell damage. I'm not sure if I'm even going to be able to get grand strategy. Maybe if I get an Ogre soon.

Got some good luck though, in that there was a knights shield nearby. That 300 extra leadership is making quite the difference so far. I may invest in Glory quickly.

switch the miners for beserkers and go with the foreman

i prefer a demoness above a foreman

why?

a demoness can seduce some troops

and swap units

which makes it very usefull

and it has a distant attack with no retal

(and u forgot that humanoids got a chance to miss the demoness)

all in all abilities of the demoness>foremann easily
Old 06-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

the reason why i choose a demoness is because they give a negative morale bonus to the rest of the troops i picked. If you pick skeleton warriors and a demon for two slots, the rest of the army will have terrible morale. Foreman do have a slow speed but they are also tanks. Demoness's die like level one units and thier swapping ability can be good, but when your army sucks in the first place you would want to keep the enemy army as far away from you as possible until you can widdle them away with spells and rage skills.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Approved Member

I could see Berserkers. I haven't used a level 2 unit yet (or a level 4) so it wouldn't corrupt the game (though it'd make me feel silly for doing most of Debir with 2 stacks only).

+Berserkers
+Foremen
-Miners
-Demoness

I think that is going to be worse.

Amusingly, This is starting to look like a really high initiative army.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Approved Member

i beg to differ on that

mostly cause a beserker is inctrotable?(which means u can't cast spells or use rage on his turn)

foreman has decent initative but then again it is also very slow

i wonder if u are able to complete it with this setup

since foreman are very late and giants possibly too...

your limited yourself to devilfish(which has limited quantities, assuming they die very often) and bears same story although they die less often

i think this setup would work better with a warrior due to higher leadership issues

the beginning CAN be very tedious
but props for your efforts!

maybe can u give me a save file i will try it also

better comparsion then :
Old 06-23-2010, 01:20 AM
Approved Member

Well, Foreman have init 7, so do Devilfish. Berserkers have 6. Ogres have 6. That's pretty high. Bears not so great.

I did get the +1 init to animals dragon, which apparently doesn't effect devilfish. There goes my init 8 starter.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:14 AM
Approved Member

with this army your best bet is to group them all together to protect one another. Speed is not essential at all since they probably aren't going to be moved much. Initiative is however important since we want to use rage and spells as much as possible and as soon as possible to have any chance of winning. Who the hell is going to beat a group of dragons with devilfish and berserkers? beserkers are idiots so you can expect to lose the entire stack on each fight. i dont think it would be possible if your a warrior. You have to be able to utilize all spells or your going to lose...bad.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:16 AM
Approved Member

Berserkers are just too terrible. This isn't workable with them . Not only are they a unit with bad stats for its leadership (less HP than leadership) but they don't let you plan out the battle intelligently. Oh, and since I can't get an easy map to Verona, I have only 3/5ths of a full army (bears, fish, berserkers) and they are the worst 3/5ths no less.

Maybe if I had a way to reproduce the units without end? perhaps, maybe?
Old 06-24-2010, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

Update: I realized I was doing this completely backwards, and so restarted, this time going straight for Resurrection skill. Yes, Berserkers may die like crazy... but if you can rezz them at the end of combat, you won't run out.

And then.. this crazy thing happened: I found a blood of the goddess in a stump in Bola. 700 Extra leadership in the early game helped SO much.

Kited maps once I got to Verona (first time I've ever done it) and ended up with maps of all islands except for nameless and Montero (of course). So now I've done all those no-fight quests, and am back to cleaning up pre-Verona area. Got some ogres, got rezz level 3. Starting to feel very workable. The resurrection skill also makes Sacrifice Spell stupidly easy to use. WE aren't going for 'no loss' so just sack the unit that you've lost this combat to fill out your army.