Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 10-15-2012, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Just so I understand correctly, if I buy a physical copy of WotN on Amazon...I can't play the game unless I have a Steam account? You mean there is no standalone playability like all the previous games? I hope that's not the case.
That is what it means when a game uses Steamworks. Now I love Steam but I know some people don't.

What I would recommend is that you buy the game, might as well buy it through Steam as the publisher/developer gets a better cut, then create your free Steam account and after you download the title put Steam into offline mode.

Then make sure Steam does not startup with Windows, then put it in "offline mode".

Now you never have to go online or connect to Steam to play the game. It may not be the perfect solution for someone who really hates Steam but it is as good as you can get. Once you install the game and then go into offline mode you never have to connect to Steam again unless you reinstall for some reason.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

second that,
I have played KB and other games on Steam in the same way. You dont need an internet connection after you first log into your Steam account. And KB Princess was extremly safe, once I went two weeks without shutting the game off on my laptop, just used alt+tab and it never crashed. I am far away of making a commercial to Steam, but I really like it.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygaffer View Post
That is what it means when a game uses Steamworks. Now I love Steam but I know some people don't.

What I would recommend is that you buy the game, might as well buy it through Steam as the publisher/developer gets a better cut, then create your free Steam account and after you download the title put Steam into offline mode.

Then make sure Steam does not startup with Windows, then put it in "offline mode".

Now you never have to go online or connect to Steam to play the game. It may not be the perfect solution for someone who really hates Steam but it is as good as you can get. Once you install the game and then go into offline mode you never have to connect to Steam again unless you reinstall for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
second that,
I have played KB and other games on Steam in the same way. You dont need an internet connection after you first log into your Steam account. And KB Princess was extremly safe, once I went two weeks without shutting the game off on my laptop, just used alt+tab and it never crashed. I am far away of making a commercial to Steam, but I really like it.
Thanks for the workarounds. I guess my point was, why make it so you have to involve Steam at all? Oh yeah...money.
If you sell x amount of units to Amazon, isn't 1C making money that way?
Call me old school, but I like to: buy my games as a phycial copy, with disc and artwork(and whatever other goodies might be included), install the game on my PC, and play it. If I wanted online I'd go play WoW.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

Default Language again!!

Hi,
-why the hell you don't translate at least the subtitles in Italia?? i mena u sold well in my country i think...so why no subtitles again?
on Steam there is no reason to not do a multi 6 title!!
so came on!!
- why this game isn't developed by the original devs..kataury ?
- i hope will be no additional DRM upon Steam VAC
- When the time for DD version of gmae come Cheaper than physical version?? i mena your cosats are not big with a DD version, so why the hell we must pay the same amout of euros for DD version?

Last edited by indio68; 10-16-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

Default Answered a couple of my questions...

I'm not sure when our questions are going to be answered, so I answered a couple of my questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCaspermeyer View Post
5. Even though the Lizardmen units are not included in this release, are they still included in the game files (say if someone wanted to mod them into the game in the future)? The same goes for the Orc units that aren't included in the game (the website only lists the original Orc units from TL and not the additional CW Orc units).
As far as I can tell, all the content appears to be there - I see the ATOMS and BMA's.

Quote:
10. Are they going to implement the "mods{}" section in skills? It would be so much easier to have a "mods()" section in a skill (just like in items) so that I can implement bonuses that aren't currently possible with the current system. As it stands right now, you can only use integers to update counters and limits, but you cannot use integer percents (i.e. like 10% that you can under the mods field). As an aside, skills use the fight{} bonus system the same as items so why not mods{}?
There is no mod() section in the skills section, but i like their solution: Add a hidden item when you get that skill and then use that item's mod() section to add the % bonuses that you want for the skill. You can then delete the hidden item and then add the next level of it when you go to the higher skill levels.

Quote:
11. Are you still using LUA 5.0? Or have you upgraded to a newer version?
As far as I can tell, it is still LUA 5.0.

/C\/C\
Old 10-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

As tread name states post questions.
1) is intellect bonus to duration of spells working in this game ? Or is it just useless string of text in int eng_hero.lua ?
Quote:
E v e r y 2 0 p o i n t s i n c r e a s e t h e d u r a t i o n o f c e r t a i n s p e l l s b y o n e r o u n d
2) what does hero titule DO ? Is it like in The Legend when after finishing some main quest you gain titule +lds, and access to units in some castle ? Because i see 37 different titules here.

3) Valkyre bonuses seems a bit off since they take each 1 item slot and give only 25% of bonus if not main, and only 1 rage skill. Lvling them up still seems like simple buying exp with junk items we dont use. We want Rage chest back

4) eng_pet.lng i see every rage skill have 10+ lvls , and each Valk can get to 5th lvl max. Does it mean each Valk bonus is max on 5th lvl, or that her rage skill is max 5 lvl ? That would be very limiting

5) Medals (medals.txt is still complete mess, grand strategist 1lvl separated form 2/3lvls, and fat cat also separated 1 from 2/3). Why only 3 lvl? And individual :
- Iron warrior (should be iron viking since no more warrior class) why is there still ghost blade spell in it`s requirements ? I have never cast that spell in warrior playthroughs and i played this game allot. Why not some warrior/viking useful spell like precision/fire breath/haste . . . Or like in Guardian angel add some unit active ability that would be useful for viking class ? Second wind/holy rage etc...
- Dragon slayer is this 5/10/20% bonus on unit basic attack ? If yes , then it weak.
- Holy knight (holy skald) all that spell spamming to get to get +3stats for only 3 units (2 total crap even on first island, and Yarl only medium useful during later game). Miss on this medal
- Stupid slayer kill stack of any orc unit +intellect OK, Undead slayer kill stack of any undead unit +defense OK, Vampire slayer kill 5000 of vampires +attack WTF. Skald and Sooth have whole race to pick to improve their medal, Viking only 2 units vampire/ancient vampire. This seems a bit unfair.
- Talented warrior in eng_reward.lng says it gives bonus exp to hero, and in medal.txt it sp_addexp_spirit= so is it bonus to hero or rage skills ?
- True Einherian for 3rd lvl only 45 rage skills needed, seems possible in couple of battles.
- Mental executor is this like meditation skill, or ?

6) What are achievements for ? Do they give any particular bonus or just look pretty ?
- Enemy of all life/Mental madman does this to count same ? 1000000 total dmg and 500000 spell dmg. Or first need to be done by units, and second with only spells ?
- Munchkin 75 items in inventory, or collected overall in game, i mean odes items given to Valkyries count
- Heartless specific i saw nice exploit : get Valkyrie that bring back random stack 1-3 lvl after battle and stock up with thorns and red/black dragon after almost defeating enemy set thorns somewhere and kill them with your own dragons, doing this mid game with 3000+ thorns will be achieved in 1 battle (even less with Reserve skill). Just my thought.
- Does butcher count using units from your reserve ? Or you can stock up reserve slots and stat 25 win row.
- Mental madman and Mage commander contradict each other, for first you need 500K dmg from spells and for other win 50 battles without spell book.
- Big gun. What is max lvl by the way?
- Erik winner how few is fewest ? 50% of your lds, or you need to defeat him with 1 slinger.
- Trouble seeker and Heartless are toward same goal. As i said above only my idea for thorns will bring 80000 dmg at least in 3 battles. So 500k dmg received is no prob.

7) Skills
- Does Onslaught work properly distributing adrenaline to orcs in first round (it was bugged in CW)
- Rage ready same as for onslaught ?
- Stedfast Norse is this +magic resistance% (priest attac, lightning spell rest of pure magic dmg) or reduce dmg from all spell dmg (fire ball, poison skull etc)
- Berserker and Absolute rage mean your have 15% your units will do 350% their dmg on hits (if i get it right 15% for x2 dmg to units and crit will make 75% more dmg on hit=125% more dmg on crit = 350% dmg on crit if berserk trigers) ? A bit much.
- Runic power well hello Higher magic warrior edition
- Weakness skill give 5% crit on both 1 and 2 lvl in skills.txt. And on 1st lvl 3% to evade hit, then -5% on 2nd lvl, and again +7% on 3rdlvl Which is wrong ? To have + or - in second param
- Jarl skill Jotun missing for +1 moral. I know it`s listed as neutral unit, but why does he can use runes in battle if not viking race ???
- Tolerance rune cost i think is wrong 12 1lvl, 16 2lvl, then 12 for 3lvl
- Favorite of Gods, is this like partial Counterstrike from CW ? 30% to return 10% of inflicted dmg.
- Resurrection what is second param for ? 0%
- Inspiration why lizardmen +1 moral when they arent in game files ???
- Meditation does improving skills in magic mean any skill in magic tree ?
- Accuracy What is 3rd param for ?
- Destroyer does spell crit% work ? Because i read on forum that rage skill crit% doesnt work for Icy rage.

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 10-29-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

Dear devs hows the patch going? Are you working on one at all?
Old 11-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Default order of islands

Hi all,

Could anynone tell me in which order are the islands accessible?

I went through:

Nordlig
Vestlig
Fastland
Istering
Greenwort
Arlania
Verlon Vasteland

Now I have access only to Demonis
Is this correct? Will I have access to other on map revealed islands (Merlassar, Marshan Swamp, Freedom Islands) after going through quest in Demonis or did I miss something and I should have access to them already?

Thank you for your answer.

Yossik
Old 11-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

I've just opened the portal to Demonis. I can't access Freedom Islands nor the Merlassar. Should I carry on with the game. Are those islands gonna be accessible after going through Demonis?

Edit:
Mystery Solved. You can travel across islands only from Greenwort otherwise the helm (steering wheel) is not visible ...very confusing

Last edited by krasik; 11-13-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

When will a physical copy be released in the US?