Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Old 10-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

Default Web wars...

I just had that spider fight and got wiped, fortunately I had saved before the fight and had another go with the same army - this time I ignored the drop spiders and concentrated all my troops on hitting the queen spider - I killed her fairly quickly and had lots of troops to kill the drop spiders and won in less than ten rounds.

Jinix the Elder

We have guided missiles and misguided men.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

When I got to him, I had considerably less troops than I should have had, and no ranged troop aside from the inquisitor. So I had my griffins and horsemen take care of the early spiders while my shaman dropped totems like mad all over the battlefield, to fill up spaces . I just had acces to a demon portal, so I used that 4-5 times, also 3 phoenix scrolls, summoned demon's summon demon spell (heh, makes no sense) and eventually I filled up all the battlefield save from a few controlled spaces, with the demons and summons to soak up the damage. All the while, my inquisitor and my royal snakes (teleported around when the spider changed places) dealt damage to the giant spider. Source of magic to keep up my mana, Greasy mist on the spider and hell's breath on my snakes, when mana permits (the demon portals are expensive...).
Nevertheless, I did the fight with no losses, but it took virtually ages...