Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon

Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQueue View Post
Oh hells yes, especially the assassin part. I always love assassins and assassin like characters in whatever type of game I'm playing.

And I've always wished that I could do that with black dragons.

And as far as orcs go, I've always wanted to try and run an orc comp, but there were always drawbacks. 1.) Not as bad as the lizardmen, but usually came a little too late in the game. 2.) They seem a little too simple when I simulate their strategies in my head. Hack and slash, no terribly exciting abilities to speak of. These faults may have just been addressed.
In Crossworlds you'll be able to get several new orcs already in the begining Now orcs march is more then real
Old 08-31-2010, 07:35 AM
Approved Member

All of that sounds awesome... Need a time rift to september 17th of 2010 if any time travellers are looking.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

Hmmm... sorry for the double post but something just occurred to me about those black dragons.

Will you be able to hit the same target more than once with advanced flight pathing?

Will there be an option for advanced manual movement? Hmm..... If not it might be worth making a mod that gives you the option to do so, like with the dragons advanced reign of fire.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQueue View Post
Hmmm... sorry for the double post but something just occurred to me about those black dragons.

Will you be able to hit the same target more than once with advanced flight pathing?

Will there be an option for advanced manual movement? Hmm..... If not it might be worth making a mod that gives you the option to do so, like with the dragons advanced reign of fire.
1) You can't do that.
2)manual movement also is not available.
The Black Dragons will be too overpowered with such features
Old 09-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

Updated with a bunch more information.

Orcs (all of them!) Now have three levels of adrenaline that gives them stuff. Some of their old abilities will actually require a level of it (10) before they go into effect. Such as irrascible for furious goblins and zeroing for goblins.

I didn't get a chance to play with them though, so I don't know exactly how adrenaline is gotten.

There is also a new White Kraken boss near Rusty Anchor island that you can fight. I didn't get a chance to kill it, but it looks to be easier than the other bosses. Summons devil fish and pirate ghosts.

One interesting change to the 'march of the orcs' expansion for AP, is that bad guy armies seem a bit more random. Fought orcs and other stuff on Debir. Also, the unit options seem more varied. Assassin's, fauns, alchemists, were all getable before getting even to Verona.

A fair number of units have new special abilities.

Read my initial post for updates to specific units and racial effects!
Old 09-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Updated with a bunch more information.

Orcs (all of them!) Now have three levels of adrenaline that gives them stuff. Some of their old abilities will actually require a level of it (10) before they go into effect. Such as irrascible for furious goblins and zeroing for goblins.

I didn't get a chance to play with them though, so I don't know exactly how adrenaline is gotten.

There is also a new White Kraken boss near Rusty Anchor island that you can fight. I didn't get a chance to kill it, but it looks to be easier than the other bosses. Summons devil fish and pirate ghosts.

One interesting change to the 'march of the orcs' expansion for AP, is that bad guy armies seem a bit more random. Fought orcs and other stuff on Debir. Also, the unit options seem more varied. Assassin's, fauns, alchemists, were all getable before getting even to Verona.

A fair number of units have new special abilities.

Read my initial post for updates to specific units and racial effects!
Sounds great Zechnophobe! Someone said in another thread that the new units/spells are only in Orcs of the Marsh, not the 2 mini campaigns. Is this true? I can understand if it is, considering that Orcs of the Marsh is basically a mod for Armored Princess.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:10 AM
Approved Member

Yes, it is true. March of the orcs is very interesting (or was because it longer can be played throug steam ), you have academy, new units right form the start (high level), and I could see (requires 2000 leadership) the 5 level human unit, a mage. it is expensive 15000 but has very interesting abilities.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:12 AM
Approved Member

Adrenaline Level is separate from Adrenaline. When I kill a single unit stack with an orc unit, all of my orcs gain one adrenaline level. The number on the adrenaline ability increases sort of like the Mastery ability or the offensive ability on black knights to indicate adrenaline level.

Gaining Adrenaline levels also not only give you new abilityes, but also gives you a bonus at each level (+1 speed, then +5 attack, etc.)

Adrenaline (not level) appears to be sort of a per-unit resource that you can spend to activate an ability. You gain Adrenaline (not level) by doing things in combat with your orcs.

However, I have never been able to reach level 3 Adrenaline level. Kill one unit -> level one adrenaline level. Kill another unit -> level 2 adrenaline level. Kill more units -> no more adrenaline levels. The behavior of these skills and other things I have seen in Orcs on the march seem to imply that level 3 adrenaline level needs to be somehow unlocked.

In any case, due to a lack of orc supply and a desire to use other new units, I have stopped using orcs. I may go back to them later in the game.

Currently, I am using Engineer + Guard Droid + Repair Droid. Verdict: Engineers are so hilariously awesome. They are VERY expensive leadership wise and do very little damage per leadership, but their utility is COMPLETELY unmatched. Well.. I haven't tried the rune mage yet, but i'll get to that later when I have some spare runes.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:27 AM
Approved Member

I managed to get adrenaline level 3. But I don't agree with being two different things. When you get to an adrenaline level 1 for example you get some abilities but some of them cost adrenaline so if you use them you'll have a lower level of adrenaline afterwards.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:35 AM
Approved Member

Really? Are you certain? How did you do it? Did you just keep killing units? Because I've wiped out whole armies without seeing it....