Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 05-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Approved Member

Bleh been too long since I played. Now I remember - in fact the tutorial at the start shows this - oh well I should play again fairly soon (when I have time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasqueradeCry View Post
There are - everywhere the pillar of light shines there lies a chest. They can be dug up with the spade icon near the mini-map or by pressing D - this element to the game is explained during the tutorial I believe. Did you skip it?

[Edit : Also, I'd like to throw another question out there if I may. What use is there for bonuses to scroll slots? Surely there comes a point where you no longer buy any scrolls as the spells you need are learnt permanently (and above the first level of the spell). As I understand things, you can pick up as many map-found scrolls as you like and the limit only applies to actually buying scrolls - so is it as useless a bonus as it seems to me?]
Old 05-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
[Edit : Also, I'd like to throw another question out there if I may. What use is there for bonuses to scroll slots? Surely there comes a point where you no longer buy any scrolls as the spells you need are learnt permanently (and above the first level of the spell). As I understand things, you can pick up as many map-found scrolls as you like and the limit only applies to actually buying scrolls - so is it as useless a bonus as it seems to me?]
Perhaps you haven't quote yet you can sell scrolls, in your current game if you never sold any you have a big amount of money to get from selling those.

The bonus to scroll slots is very minor but not vain. That's typically the item you wear only when you want buy a scroll and don't want sell or learn some.

You can delay learning spell for many reason like to delay your choice or like to wait if you are a mage that you have increase the skill that reduce crystals costs.

About that take care even in normal mode that you'll get a crystal shortage if you try learn too many spells.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
There's one thing I'd like concrete advice with that should be fairly easy to answer and explain - with your wives, is it generally better to go for children or keep the equipment slots? (and why, of course)
In the beginning of the game and during a long time you won't have so many good items to use so the wife slots aren't that important. On another way at each children you get, you also get a sum of money. Additionally it could worth take your chance with children because few can bring some rare bonus.

Later you'll just quit the wife with baby to use another during later parts of the game. And for those later wifes, free slot will be a much better choice because at this point you'll have plenty good items.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

not far all, for example xeona's boots slot .. there are no good boots at all
Old 05-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
not far all, for example xeona's boots slot .. there are no good boots at all
Haha, I thought I was just being unlucky with my boots. The "best" I've found so far are "Heavy Bronze Boots", which give +5 defence but -1 speed. Counts most melee units out, which is why over half my army is archers. The other half varies, but it's usually "soaring/flying" units after I found a pair of boots with +1 speed for them which counters the penalty from the other boots nicely.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Approved Member

I would say there are at least two boots that I would say are solid or just plain good:

- Boots of the Mystic: +2 intellect, +1 to the power of slow and haste; slow is one of the most useful spells around, great to almost completely paralyze slow walkers and soften them from afar with your shooters

- Snake Boots: +1 defense (who cares, right?), +1 to the speed and initiative of snakes; royal snakes are already one of the best, if not the best, troops in the game. +1 might not sound like a whole lot, but believe me, it makes a world of difference, because the snakes' initiative will enable you to go first in many battles against pesky opponents such as necromancers, and the speed bonus will make them even more mobile.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:15 PM
Approved Member

Boots of the Mystic didn't appeal to me much, but I had a whole set of snake/spider based items which I used to great effect earlier in the game. I also picked up a lot of pirate/robber based items but never really tried them out

Looking at the list of boots ( funnily enough the Bronze boots arn't on there :-/ ) the "best" are probably:

Kerian Shoes - +3 defense ( meh )
Knight's Boots - +300 Leadership +5 to the Defense of Swordsmen, Guardsmen, Horsemen, and Knights ( would make me consider humans in my army :S )
Twinkling Boots - 15% physical reduction
Old 05-27-2009, 01:40 AM
Approved Member

The ogre sandals are pretty good. +2 def is ok, but the real bonus is +1 speed to ogres and giants. This doubles the speed of giants, turning them from a slow tank that doesn't die but also can be tough to actually get into combat to one that is easy to get into combat. It also means that you are one square closer to enemies, so earthquake does more damage.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

MasqueradeCry just press shift and ~ when the screen comes up type money <#>. So money 100000 should give you 100k gold.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

but thats cheating ...