Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 04-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

For me game is is still not flyable. I think I've the grafic driver problem gents talking about in other thread.
Anyway game its till now quite disappointing.

system: (card: gtx 460, xp-p, Veriton T661, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz)

Last edited by jackdaw; 04-09-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
agreed

the constant negativity towards oleg and Co gets a bit tiring after a while, most of it is misplaced (or in tree-uk's case deliberate)

the release was premature, sure, but it is ubi's mess. oleg is the one who will be left to fix it and solve the problems, attacking and blaming him makes no sense and just compounds the problem
Have you actually purchased this game yet Zap, last I heard is that despite all the Oleg licking you've been doing you still refused to buy the game. Oh and just to let you know Oleg is long gone, over a year and a half ago according to Jason at 777.

P.S what did those grubby shorts of yours taste like??

Last edited by Tree_UK; 06-10-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
if you had paid attention prior to release time you would know why

a fixed release date was only announced about one month prior to the recent russian release date. oleg around the same time was voicing his frustration and distaste at the way business priorities (which must have been his project funders, ubi) were making release decisions in complete disregard of the development stage the programming team was at (ie they still hadnt finished optimizing the game and were still bug fixing)

at the time many optimists (including myself) thought we might just have some bugs with some objects like planes and issues with dynamic weather being unfinished (and a lack of optimized anti epilepsy filter as it soon became apparent). once released however in the last few weeks we can clearly see they needed more time on some major other issues, probably a couple of months at least (aside from the anti epilepsy filter). blaming oleg for releasing it in that condition doesnt make sense, in fact the way SH5 was released unfinished by ubi, and never fixed btw, you can thank your lucky stars that oleg and his team will keep trying to fix BoB/SoW for the coming months until it works right. not many ubi products have such a dedicated team behind them and can say the same.

then again you might be a gen Y who believes milk is made in the supermarket factory and just crying for something you want will instantly put a cosmic tit in your mouth to feed you

in the real world however, unless you have a couple of million to put into this for development money (which as a gen Y you probably think "somebody else should do"), you are entirely dependent on oleg's professionalism and dedication to try and make the best of a very difficult release schedule controlled by ubi. when you express your frustration, at least direct it at the right target. under the less then ideal release situation another alternative would have been to make it a public beta (like DCS did with their A10 sim recently), ubi sales drones however in their ignorance would have seen that as a public confirmation they were releasing unfinished and incomplete products (which would affect their sales image for other games), so in their predictable stupidity they decided instead to release another unfinished product (like silent hunter 5 and a few others) and simply pretend nothing was wrong.
Earth calling Zapatista, Oleg has Gone.... long ago.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Approved Member

I can't play at all. As soon as gameplay starts he game minimizes and I can't open it up from the tab at the bottom of the screen.

Flying online as Setback.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Approved Member

Maybe your graphicscard is on strike, avoiding heavy duty work?
Old 06-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

crashing at menu, simply nothing to do, game is so F up. Don't have any problems with any other game I own... So I decide to sell this piece of c..p.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Can not start the game with the Launcher.

W7 64Bit
i7
GTX570
8RAM
Old 07-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Approved Member

thanks for the info doc uk i will give it a go after reading all the posts on the forums they are saying the same thing to get the sim to work
Old 07-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Can't see where all those problems come from.. i can run it propely without major issues (performances).
You just need the right PC to run it...
try to run i.e. modern warfare 2 on a PIII 300Mhz... you think it'll run ???
Old 07-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

I can play until i lose the sound. Which usually happens within a 10-15 minutes.