Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 11-13-2012, 12:02 AM
Approved Member

The sad news is that apparently there will be no sequel and CLOD is dead.

We have been requesting confirmation over and over but for the looks of it, there's no one left to answer.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:54 AM
Approved Member

Pure Speculation based on some info posted by people who aren't on the development team, don't get me wrong I'm not saying that it isn't possible just that no real info has been released.
And no one left to answer? so these people who apparently are no longer working on the sequel have also had all their computers and internet connections taken away as well?

Come on, people are yet again hailing the falling of the skies based purely on rumours, patience is indeed a rare virtue.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarden View Post
Pure Speculation based on some info posted by people who aren't on the development team, don't get me wrong I'm not saying that it isn't possible just that no real info has been released.
And no one left to answer? so these people who apparently are no longer working on the sequel have also had all their computers and internet connections taken away as well?

Come on, people are yet again hailing the falling of the skies based purely on rumours, patience is indeed a rare virtue.
If the Sequel is still under development, you should have no problem setting up an appointment to go to the 1C offices in Moscow so you can get a tour of the hard working BoM/BoS team's workspace.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:56 AM
Approved Member

It's only been a few weeks since the last patch came out. We've gone much, much longer than that with no signs of life before. If Maddox Games were to be shut down and it's assets taken up by 1c, I wouldn't expect it to happen until after the Christmas season.

I don't reckon it'd come to that though. If 1c did decide to write MG off, they would more likely try to onsell to someone else.

Last edited by Feathered_IV; 11-13-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:19 AM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Buzzsaw* View Post
If the Sequel is still under development, you should have no problem setting up an appointment to go to the 1C offices in Moscow so you can get a tour of the hard working BoM/BoS team's workspace.
1+
Old 11-13-2012, 04:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Buzzsaw* View Post
Yes, what a completely sensible suggestion, I'll burn thousands of dollars and book a return flight from Australia to Russia just to get a tour of 1C, why didn't I think of that before, it's so obvious really.

Plus I'm sure they let just any stranger into their offices, that's what normal companies do isn't it.........right?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarden View Post
Yes, what a completely sensible suggestion, I'll burn thousands of dollars and book a return flight from Australia to Russia just to get a tour of 1C, why didn't I think of that before, it's so obvious really.

Plus I'm sure they let just any stranger into their offices, that's what normal companies do isn't it.........right?
Maddox games are in Russia.

1C is French.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:12 AM
Approved Member

Fair enough my bad, the point still stands though plus i was just going off what Buzzsaw said

"go to the 1C offices in Moscow"
Old 11-13-2012, 05:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTE_Galway View Post
Maddox games are in Russia.

1C is French.
1C is also a Russia based company, Ubisoft is french.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1C_Company
Old 11-13-2012, 05:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
It's only been a few weeks since the last patch came out. We've gone much, much longer than that with no signs of life before. If Maddox Games were to be shut down and it's assets taken up by 1c, I wouldn't expect it to happen until after the Christmas season.

I don't reckon it'd come to that though. If 1c did decide to write MG off, they would more likely try to onsell to someone else.
IF they have canceled BoM aka "the sequel" that doesn't necessarily mean that they have shut down 1c:Maddox at all. I mean don't hearing a word from the guys over several weeks isn't that new, isnt it.

But just for the fun of adding conspiracy theories:
Anybody assumes that 1c bought 777 but Jason already denied that in the RoF Forums, but what if 777 bought Maddox?