Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Approved Member

Thanks to you all for your warm thougths. This has been a terrible weekend for Norway and the Norwegian people.
One of the girls who survived the massacre on the youth camp said to CNN: "If one man can create that much hate, you can only imagine how much love we as a togetherness can create." I think those are words to remember.

Skarphol

Last edited by Skarphol; 07-24-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

My condolences goes out to my brothers and sisters of Norway on these darkest of days. Please find some comfort in that you are not alone in your mourning for we here in Finland, Sweden and Denmark are carrying your loss together with you.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarphol View Post
One of the girls who survived the massacre on the youth camp said to CNN: "If one man can create that much hate, you can only imagine how much love we as a togetherness can create." I think those are words to remember.

Skarphol

Yes, but do not rely on that...being unprepared to meet such evil head on, is as sad as the event.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 07-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Yes, but do not rely on that...being unprepared to meet such evil head on, is as sad as the event.
You're right, they should also have taken precautions against falling meteors, tsunamis, earthquakes, abducting aliens.. etc.

The whole scenario is just so unlikely and bizzare that noone really could predict it.
This was just a camp for kids, kids engaged in politics, but still just kids.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

Condolences from Turkey to all Norwegians.
64 Bit Win7
Old 07-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffe View Post
You're right, they should also have taken precautions against falling meteors, tsunamis, earthquakes, abducting aliens.. etc.

The whole scenario is just so unlikely and bizzare that noone really could predict it.
This was just a camp for kids, kids engaged in politics, but still just kids.

No, being prepared

"police arrived at an island massacre about an hour and a half after a gunman first opened fire, slowed because they didn't have quick access to a helicopter and then couldn't find a boat to make their way to the scene"

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 07-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
No, being prepared

"police arrived at an island massacre about an hour and a half after a gunman first opened fire, slowed because they didn't have quick access to a helicopter and then couldn't find a boat to make their way to the scene"
I see. I read your comment in the light of your first post in the thread.

Yes, a heli transport would have made a big difference.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Approved Member

Now it is not the time to point fingers, debate have already been raised about the heli issue they have, and I hope that if something like this happens again, they will have a helicopter standby like any Delta squad should have. Dont trust media completely though, one and a half hour is a bit more than the time it actually took them to get there, and the boat was ready, they had engine stoppage a couple of minutes while crossing. Media blows up everything.

As for being "prepared", was the US prepared for the UNA bomber? Was the US prepared for 9/11? Was Madrid prepared? London? Will anyone be "prepared" for lone wolves and terrorist attacks which have been years in the making?

Thank you all. I don't think words can express our gratitude for all the support we recieve from countries all over the world. We're small and each and every Norwegian have felt and still feels very strongly about this through anger, sorrow, hate, despair or confusion. This was our 9/11.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffe View Post
I see. I read your comment in the light of your first post in the thread.

Yes, a heli transport would have made a big difference.

Yes, just a terrible time for all

Old 07-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Approved Member

I was in Norway a few years back and I have friends living there , my condolences to one and all for this horrific event.