Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Registered Member

Default Boost and RPM

Hi...Can someome explain to me about boost and RPM. Are they both linked to the throttle or is rpm the throttle and boost something else?

cheers

I hope htis isnt a real noobie question
Old 07-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Approved Member

Boost is mostly directly the throttle, actually Ata or atmospheres (pressure) is a better word, more fuel, more boom!

RPM is effected by many things, pitch climbing or level or descending - which adds resistance or not to the prop and in turn the engine and RPM. Its also effected by boost!

experiment.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

Default Still banking :-)

Hi Thanks for your reply. I cant quite get my head around this i'm sorry. In Quick Mission 02 FLight over England, flying a spit and I have even set the realism settings to easy so torque shouldnt have an effect and gone back to using a keyboard. From the moment the mission starts up she banks! I've tried lowering the RPM, trying to maintain a boost of 2Lbs and in no way would she ever fly herself. Any ideas...quite happy to be called dopey if someone points something out...

Same symptoms in a 109 as well...I want to learn this thing properly...but if you cant fly ina straight line to start with on easy realism settings its pretty tricky

Last edited by timmers; 07-13-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmers View Post
Hi Thanks for your reply. I cant quite get my head around this i'm sorry. In Quick Mission 02 FLight over England, flying a spit and I have even set the realism settings to easy so torque shouldnt have an effect and gone back to using a keyboard. From the moment the mission starts up she banks! I've tried lowering the RPM, trying to maintain a boost of 2Lbs and in no way would she ever fly herself. Any ideas...quite happy to be called dopey if someone points something out...
I had the same with my G940. I des-install it and re-install it again but on an another USB port and it seems to work properly till now. Hope it will help you.
Core i7 3930k @ stock, asus rampage IV Extreme, 16 GB ram GSkill 2133 MHz, SSD vertex 3 max iops 120 GB, Noctua NH-D14, 1 x GTX 580 Point of view (overclocked) 3 GB, HAF 942, G 940, silent pro gold 1000 w, track IR 5, SAMSUNG SyncMaster 245 B.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Normally I use the X52 but this is happening with that disconnected and me using the keyboard...

Which is why I think i'm doing something verrrry stupid..
Old 07-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

So..I dont remember this banking happening before on IL2...not that I have had it long but I would have noticed. I have uninstalled CLoD and reinstalled through Steam and straight 'out of the box' on 109 or spit on Quick Mission they all bank to the right. This is using the keyboard. Does anyone else get this issue? Can someone try just using the keyboard instead of a joystick profile? If you turn on autopilot she flies straight. Turn off Autopilot and after moving joystick or keyboard left or right the same old issue. Is this by design ? I thought you could get Torgue induced yaw but not banking?

cheers
Old 07-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmers View Post
So..I dont remember this banking happening before on IL2...not that I have had it long but I would have noticed. I have uninstalled CLoD and reinstalled through Steam and straight 'out of the box' on 109 or spit on Quick Mission they all bank to the right. This is using the keyboard. Does anyone else get this issue? Can someone try just using the keyboard instead of a joystick profile? If you turn on autopilot she flies straight. Turn off Autopilot and after moving joystick or keyboard left or right the same old issue. Is this by design ? I thought you could get Torgue induced yaw but not banking?

cheers
If it yaw it banks You might hve to use a plane that have aileron trim enabled.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:50 AM
Registered Member

Just really trying to get an answer here fellas. I am sorry to keep bumping threads but any help would really be appreciated. I can see that my right aileron is slightly up and the left slightly down resulting in my slight right banking problem. It isn't the engine tq because the plane will bank left under throttle spikes and on take off but even with the engine at the lowest speed my plane is still banking to the right. Is there a way to adjust the ailerons postion in a ini file or something? It has to be the ground trim settings or something over compensating for the engine gyro effect.

If I turn off the gyro effect the plane never tqs left just always banks right.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:04 AM
Registered Member

Just want to say that plugging the joystick into another usb port and letting it reinstall the drivers has fixed the problem. I will leave this here so if anyone ever needs a definitive answer they can see it.

Problem Fixed!