Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 03-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Schlageter View Post
LOL, no FFB. A game that goes to the Nth degree in eye candy, damage modeling, flight modeling, etc, etc, etc, yet doesn't have FFB. Unbelievable!!!!

I have to agree. I'm one of the most positive and optimistic around here and can't fathom what they've been doing the past 8 years that FFB can't be implemented? This is an advanced flight simulator.

I'm all for them prioritizing performance and some other bugs first but I'm astonished that FFB is either going to be left out or dropped far down the list.

We're really going to have to keep on them, in a positive way, so they know how important it is.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Registered Member

Would not harm the community to see future list for upcoming big fixes, and enhancements ( including Force Feedback) still a bit premature for the list, but would prob make those who are thinking of jumping off the ship due to some buggy issues to stay on board longer.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

I'm not much surprised. Barely any joysticks sold today that supports force feedback. Two? Anyway, another good reason to sell my G940. Logitech's near-nonexistant support for the product was infuriating, and then this. It just isn't worth the hassle. The notchy feel of the force feedback stick is kind of a put-down also.

Question is what to use instead? I have a cheap twist logitech stick that is very comfortable and practical and a saitek quadrant (three levers) that I used with some old G25 pedals before I bought the G940. That setup was comfortable and practical. The CH Products call to me (I first bought a F-16 Combat Stick & Throttle in 1996, but those are now defunct). They aren't available here in Sweden, plus the stick has a very long uncomfortable throw which is bad for wrists. Hmm.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

+1 for the FF support.

Hopefully we will get it in one of the future patches.

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories
Old 03-31-2011, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

the lack of FFB is one thing, what is really pathetic is that they havent bothered to test hardware such as the G940 and realise the effect this has on the stick. this 'sim' is effectively unplayable without FFB enabled or some other measure taken to allow the centereing force to be adjustable. There is no other title that i have ever owned (including titles that pre-date my joystick ) that has caused my G940 to seize up and not work like this one does.

truely unbelievable.
This will likely affect hundreds of customers i would expect a rapid and effective fix to this issue. Devs need to respond.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:41 AM
Approved Member

Can't they "borrow" a part of the wings of prey /birds of prey ffb code?
Because in the end, it's from the same editor
Old 03-31-2011, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexcaliber View Post
The problem goes further than simply not supporting FFB, because 1c have clearly used directinput for the control interface but do not initialise FFB hardware, many ffb stick's will be almost unusable, or could be damaged as a result.

The G940 for instance, defaults to the pressure used to calibrate the sticks centre position when switched on, which is altogether too stiff to make any kind of subtle adjustments, and extremely tiring even over modest periods of flight. There is another more serious problem that could arise with the G 940 and other FFB sticks, as I seriously doubt the motor was intended to be placed under the stress of gameplay when applying this level of pressure to the stick, as a result a user could potentially shorten the motors lifespan with even moderate use. What's more, in the absence of correct initialisation there is no facility to adjust that tension through the sticks drivers.

That leaves users with one of three options:

One: do not play (I cancelled as soon as I realised it had no ffb).

Two: soldier on regardless until 1C get round to fixing it and hope your stick will not break

Three: wait until a member of the community offers a hacked directinput.dll that will initialise the sticks and set default values when the game starts up.

There is a fourth option, that of paying for a new non ffb stick, but having paid £250 for a G 940 for functions that have been standard in flight sims for over 10 years, 1C can get stuffed. I will spend the money I saved cancelling COD's pre order, on purchasing missing ROF aircraft and I eagerly await the release of their new campaign mode which will not take 6 years to release, and may eventually get round to COD when second hand copies hit the bargain bins.
Or you could just pull out the powerplug from the G940 and skip the FFB. Then it will work like a normal stick exept centering wich i dont prefer anyways.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 AM
Approved Member

Why does the FF=1 option appear in the config, if forcefeedback isn't included and why does it set to 1 by default?
Old 03-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Approved Member

A lot of us go hunting for good, used MS FF2 sticks, i`ve got 3 , a CH stick and a whole bunch of others that I don`t really like. At the minute there`s a large centering force on the stick that is difficult to overcome (thx for the tip), i`ll have to remove the power connection till this is resolved, which i`m sure it will be. Is there anything from the devs regarding this?
Old 03-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

sigh... I'll unplug my device also then... Been fiddling with the profiler. creating a new profile, linking it to the launcher in cliffs of dover map and setting to exclusive... all no go. there used to be an option in the profiler for non ffb games but i can't find it anymore. has it been removed??? centering force tick box does nothing.