Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 01-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt255 View Post
I'm a little over 1.80m and i think the CH pedals are too narrow. That's the main reason why i got the Simpeds.

I think it's a matter of taste if you prefer Saitek pedals or CH pedals.

I never heard of a problem with the CH sticks or throttles though.

I know of exactly one dead throttle after the firmware update (and even that one is not really confirmed) and 5-10 before the firmware update. And i visit those Warthog forums alot. That sure is not good for an expensive product like that, but it's not like every throttle dies and you shouldn't buy Warthogs just because of that. I'm convinced it's because of problems with grounding the PC and controller and the Warthog being an (almost) full-metal controller suffers from this problem more noticably then others.

Not sure what you mean with the joystick center problem. It does have a very stiff spring, but that's more a matter of opinion. It could be a bit weaker for me, but then all other (non FFB sticks) were way too weak for me.
My current stick has a lot of play in the center.Letting my hand off the stick will not cause the stick to re-center itself like it should,some times it stays to one side or the other,or forward or backward.Trimming is useless, because everytime I move the stick it will not come back to the same point.I recently had a chance to play with the non forcefeedback version of this stick,and it was dead center every time I let go off it.The tension seemed a bit better too.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

My saitek throttle quadrant is perfectly fine but maybe I don't use it as much as other players do. I use it for prop pitch, flaps and mixture in IL2. and for throttle in DCS black shark while using my hotas throttle for the collective.

I had a saitek 52 but quickly dumped it because of the spring function. near centre its tedious to make small movements you over compensate and Jerry will shift in and out of your crosshairs.

I'm using the logitech G940 and I can't live without it. Actually I had no problems with reverse axis. I just invert in menu and all is good to go. Didnt actualy know this was a problem. Or you guys must mean something other than I what i think you guys mean. In december there has been a firmware update and now I can adjust my center spring in black shark no problems. It used to be with the new firm ware: Spring on 100 percent and no way of changing it.

The mini stick though i havent figured out how to make it work A-OK. maybe its fixed with the new firmware but I still get oversensitivity where it will jump or keep travelling when I slew a target box on tanks with for instance black shark or A-10.

Maybe if i use a bigger deadzone it will be fixed dunno.

The pedals are good but I thought the return to center was annoying and even with the knob totally on loose it still had to much force for my taste. So i took it apart and got rid of the big spring. now it feels like 1 big axis instead of 2 with a deadzone. that way i can use miniscule rudder modifications to get those pesky germans.

Indeed stay away from the saitek force sensing. Its i think only good for realistic modern fighters. It looks mighty fine but if you want to feel the plane instead of the plane feeling you... :p stay away For immersion in wwII crates a movable stick seems much better. Let alone the FFB its awsome in sims like ROF and FSX and cool and realistic in DCS black shark where the stick stays in position where its trimmed.

PS what did you guys or guy mean that they changed their 940 joystick for
the ff2b? Do they only use the 940 throttle and pedals and hide their g940 joystick under their table while using the ff2b? or did they modify the g940 joystick by taking it apart and putting the handle of the ff2b in it??
Old 01-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
CH throttle quadrant but that would cost me like $50 more
Consider that for U$ 50,00, you are buying 3 more axis, 3 more two way button, excelent programmability of CH Mannager, and a well know CH reability/longevity.

Sokol1
Old 01-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1 View Post
Consider that for U$ 50,00, you are buying 3 more axis, 3 more two way button, excelent programmability of CH Mannager, and a well know CH reability/longevity.

Sokol1
Im considering it,I also found out that is available at the local store too!!!Im gonna go all CH if I can get those 2 locally.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt255 View Post
I'm a little over 1.80m and i think the CH pedals are too narrow. That's the main reason why i got the Simpeds.

I think it's a matter of taste if you prefer Saitek pedals or CH pedals.

I never heard of a problem with the CH sticks or throttles though.

I know of exactly one dead throttle after the firmware update (and even that one is not really confirmed) and 5-10 before the firmware update. And i visit those Warthog forums alot. That sure is not good for an expensive product like that, but it's not like every throttle dies and you shouldn't buy Warthogs just because of that. I'm convinced it's because of problems with grounding the PC and controller and the Warthog being an (almost) full-metal controller suffers from this problem more noticably then others.

Not sure what you mean with the joystick center problem. It does have a very stiff spring, but that's more a matter of opinion. It could be a bit weaker for me, but then all other (non FFB sticks) were way too weak for me.

Go to the simhq forum and then to the hardware/stick part.
Go search for warthog problems... you will be shocked.
I almost bought a Warthog, but after spending one day finding posts about bad things i will NOT buy a Warthog.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodan View Post
I almost bought a Warthog, but after spending one day finding posts about bad things i will NOT buy a Warthog.
U got maybe 10 or so complaining about the corrupt flashmem issue with the throttle unit out of at least 3000 sold units so far. And the problem has been fixed in the latest firmware. Don't see why this is so horrible. Have you ever been to the saitek forums?

btw, i bought the Warthogh and it's by far the best HOTAS i ever owned.

I7-3930K CPU w/ Corsair H60 liquid cooling.
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.
Asus P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard.
Asus GTX680 2Gb SLI
Auzentech Home theater 3D Soundcard.
Corsair HX850 Modular PSU.
Win 7 x64 Ultimate
TM Warthog HOTAS.
TM Cougar MFD's.
Saitek Flight Pro pedals.
TrackIr 5.
Samsung Syncmaster 2770FH LCD.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggz View Post
U got maybe 10 or so complaining about the corrupt flashmem issue with the throttle unit out of at least 3000 sold units so far. And the problem has been fixed in the latest firmware. Don't see why this is so horrible. Have you ever been to the saitek forums?

btw, i bought the Warthogh and it's by far the best HOTAS i ever owned.
If you already found 10 on the simhq forum... how many guys worldwide would have that problem?
Not all hog owners will post their failure on the simhq forum.

Best thing that could happen for flight sim lovers is that CH product release a new hotas. They said openly that they would not launch a new hotas in 2010, but its now 2011...
Old 01-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodan View Post
That's the forum i'm in all the time. And if you would take a look at how many of those guys really have a dead throttle and then substract the number of guys that said before they would never buy a TM hardware again and suddenly end up with a Warthog at its release (or before its release ) and then immediatly have the same problem and then substract the number of people that got a dead throttle after the firmware, you'll be down to maybe 5 and most of those only registered because of that problem.

I got the Warthog after reading all those complains to see if those guys are right and if the Warthog is really so bad like those guys say and so far, apart from the slightly too strong spring (which could easily be fixed by myself if i wouldn't be so lazy..), i have no complains whatsoever and the throttle is definately the best throttle around for this price (in the ->300 € price range).
Old 01-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

With all due respect guys,since the warthog is out of my budget,please dont go that way with the discussion.Aesthetically it looks really great,but it is too damn expensive for me.I wish CH made something similar but resembling a WW2 fighter stick like the P-51's or 109's.I dont like so many buttons on the stick, although they come in handy.We WW2 flightsimmers are a hard to please.

Last edited by Royraiden; 01-24-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

i use saitek throttle quadrant, and i am very satisfied with it!!! its awesome