Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

IF the MDS makes so much proplems - at least to release it as an official feature - leave it to the MODs.

the most dogfightservers will use MODs anyway and will stay at 4.09 till the MODs can be used with 4.10 , again with the MDS in the MOD "package",...........................
i guess the most players will NOT skip the sounds, FMs, objects,6DOF & flyable planes the MODs brought to them

Last edited by JG53Frankyboy; 11-18-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:03 AM
Approved Member

Daidalos does development for the official Il-2 version. We do not fights mods but we don't roll out the red carper, either, and we also don't make decisions on "release policies" with regards to the mods. If someone uses them it's their very own personal decision ... but they aren't a factor in what DT makes or doesn't make.

Like Caspar said MDS might lose a feature or two because they're too troublesome but we want it in 4.10 and we will deliver the core features for those people who have no use for mods.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

There are two major (like in "giant") mods for IL-2 (in historical order)

1. sHr's 6DoF mod
2. ZUTI's MDS

Both have small bugs and limitations but both get IL-2 to a new level. The 6dof mod development had been stopped shortly after its release (and needs one good coder for revamp) but ZUTI is still working on his MDS hard.

I find this topic a bit insinuatory. ZUTI basicaly did what "Maddox Games" couldn't. And by reverse ingeneering mind you. Sure maybe he had a time/knowledge base advantage and maybe Maddox cancel such idea for IL-2 at some point... but he did it and he still works hard on it and deserves a lot of appreciation for this and not back-words like... "you know... this MDS is kinda fishy... unstable... maybe we should scrap it...". People that don't know exactly the "enormity" of MDS and its huge importance could take words of L'Aurens and KG Alpha for good (based on their reputation here) and march on this false track.

4.10 as far as I care is MDS. the rest is just bonus.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Approved Member

I wanted 6DOF and had to install UP but as a newbie didn't know much about 'modding'. I was selective about which of the additional mods to install but have to agree that some are very good and expand the standard game to a higher level.

My favourite server is the Battle of Britain and having a modded game is essential in order to have the early Spits and Cannons excellent 'Channel' maps. From what I can see, the most popular servers all require a modded game anyway.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Zaelu

Read Thors post

Some features are removed due to problems.

This is what I'm interested in removing bugs or non compliant features.

There's too many bugs already in v409m, keeping adding content that potentially has problems just makes a bigger mess.

Just because a few people like MDS (myself included) don't mean it has to be forced into the game, as someone else already pointed out v4.10 wont "heal" the online community either due to the mod packs out there that have MDS in them and a whole lot more.

V4.10 will be released and the mod pack will go on top of that with all its extras so back to square one.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Approved Member

Exactly.

I have not said anything untrue or made a personal attack at Zuti or his MDS.

Does it improve the IL2 experience? Yes.

Is it problematic and sometimes buggy? Yes.

zaelu, the reason that these features are not, and were not included in the orginal game is not beacuse Maddox games could not put them in. You act as if Oleg held these things back to somehow punish the community. They were not included because they are indeed troublesome, and would have probably held back the release of the original game two full years. Just look at how many versions the MDS has been through, and all the time that has been put into it, and it still has problems. Now we have an entire crew of developers, DT, working on it, and it still proves troublesome.

It's a difficult piece of work, and all that I have done is said that. I'm not making personal attacks on anyone here. Unlike yourself, who it seems cannot see the forest for the trees.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 11-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Approved Member

Unhappy

EDIT: just noticed where the idea that 4.10 is delayed because of MDS came from. CURRENT delay. Won't say anything more.

Last edited by |ZUTI|; 11-19-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

I just want to add that I wasn't attacking you two guys I was just trying to defend ZUTI's work that was trivialised with too much ease imho... true, I wasn't asked to do so, I just felt to.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

Isn´t discussing mods in this forum against its own rules?
Old 11-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by II/JG54_Emil View Post
Isn´t discussing mods in this forum against its own rules?
It's being discussed as one component of the 4.10 patch Team Daidalos is working on.
Closed Thread