Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

View Poll Results: Please vote about new humans in to the "Storm of War - Battle of Britain"!
We do not need new humans. 14 25.00%
We need new humans! 42 75.00%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2007, 11:56 PM
Approved Member

I think that graphic representations of wounds and death would add to this game's realism.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

I will say it again. Imagine, that You get PERFECT AIRCARAFT, and then You get "pilot" loking like sack full of potatoes - it will be D E S A S T E R...
The realism of the humans is crucial. If You see real looking peoples, You will know what You are fighting for...

One more thing - I am not sack of potatoes, and thats why I do not want to appear online as sack of potatoes.

S!

BG-09
Old 11-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

A pilot figure blocking the instruments because you can't move like you can in real life is not realism, it's merely representation
Old 11-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triad773
Good idea- it always has thrown me off being in a cockpit with the controls seeming to move by themselves.

I (and no doubt most) have flown other sims where they have sprites representing you or other people- its only detracting if it looks too 'cartoonish' to me.

Cheers

Triad
Having the pilot only visible from outside actually helps. I'm sitting there with a HOTAS and rudder system, I don't need to see a fake me moving the controls. It will kill frame rates too.

Without seeing "yourself" in the pit, things are cleaner, and you can marvel at the complexity and workings of the pit, while saving frames in the process.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdens
A pilot figure blocking the instruments because you can't move like you can in real life is not realism, it's merely representation
Exactly.

But that said, we do need better modeling of G induced fatigue (or rather, to finally get modeling of G-induced fatigue, period).
Old 11-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Registered Member

The only humans in this sim should be the ones behind the computer screen!

Everything else is artificial. Direct processing power to where it counts most - issues involving flight. How many humans do you see at altitude anyway?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Approved Member

I think whats more important than the visual "more real" pilot are the effects incurred by certain maneuvers. For instance, the unrealistic negative g pushover that seems to be so popular should incorporate an aneurysm along with it. Heck, it should kill you. lol Read about any pilots that did extreme neg g pushovers and they'll also mention that they NEVER wanted to do them again. It hurts, A LOT!
Old 11-16-2007, 05:37 AM
Approved Member

I personally don't need the pilot modelled, but would much prefer a ground crew animation. If IC is going to model pilot fatigue atleast the playing field will be equal for everyone, but he can't model the 20/20+ vision I used to have. Maybe they should have an over 50 campaign server, hehe.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas
I personally don't need the pilot modelled, but would much prefer a ground crew animation. If IC is going to model pilot fatigue atleast the playing field will be equal for everyone, but he can't model the 20/20+ vision I used to have. Maybe they should have an over 50 campaign server, hehe.
Or keep track of how much online playing time you have, convert that to years and let your eyes and body "degrade" in suit! lol
Old 11-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Approved Member

Since this new piece of art is supposed to be a combat flight simulation, I'm expecting an unequalled level of immersion, which means :

1) a pilot's body modelled, in and out of the aircraft, able to walk around and do the sights,
2) a living airfield, including men at work, singing little birds, sexy ladies wandering in, ambulances and firemen,
3) historical procedures for take off, tactics, navigation, landing, rearm and refuel,
4) a dead-is-dead mode campaign : if you're downed, you restart as another pilot. The few had no respawn option.
5) a dedicated briefing/debriefing room, where all pilots would meet before scrambling, or after landing, what would involve a few animated sequences,

Personnaly, I hope that the game engine is powerful enough to enable future infantry, tank, ship or subsim-oriented developments.

Men, 8-core processors are awaited for the end of the next year,

regards