Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Luthier. It's pretty clear that you have a huge mess on your hands and not near enough resources to fix it. We have half a game here but the half we have is really amazing.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

hey luthier!may you can give a comment about the ubi logo which drops fps dramatically on at least some pcs?wonder how that is possible?
....i wonder if the explosions are back with the official patch.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

Don't know if it is just me or not. But the beta patch wont allow me to reduce the fuel load the slider doesn't work now.

But at any rate...LOL AI pilots can now give chase to enemy cowards trying to escape!!! NICE!!!

Last edited by ATAG_Doc; 06-24-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
If the fix was as easy as reverting to a previous version, we would have gladly done it a long time ago.

Unfortunately your assessment is wrong, and there is no stable sound version to revert to.

The issue isn't with the code, it's with the person writing it. Now that it's been corrected, the best - and only - way to solve it is to do what we are doing now.

ouch! Understood. Luthier you are the most qualified to judge the situation and the best decision, but I'd say please, give us understandable explanations like this and you will get all our support. The silence is not always the best option.

With this explanation you gave, I am willing to go back to the game and continue supporting it. Before, i was seriousy considering to give up-

Thanks you very much and keep on.

PS: Thanks to Tree_Uk too.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Now that it's been corrected, the best - and only - way to solve it is to do what we are doing now.
Good to know, a minor improvement could be to finally add the missing last note in the "Bomben auf Engelland" jingle..

Greetz Allons!
Old 06-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timej31 View Post
LOLOLOL AI pilots can now give chase to enemy cowards trying to escape!!! NICE!!!
yup...sounds nice...lets see how it is to be a coward against ai.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smink1701 View Post
Thanks Luthier. It's pretty clear that you have a huge mess on your hands and not near enough resources to fix it. We have half a game here but the half we have is really amazing.
Ha ha, yeah. Funnily enough that's really honest and pretty much the same I feel. The mess is bad, but the working half is so brilliant it keeps me just above the line of "doomsday syndrome". The future is bright, and lit with pretty distant 2D clouds I tell you
Old 06-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for being honest. However i wonder why we get the E-1 instead of the E-4?
Also i wonder why you talk about SLI. At least for me (and i tried every single setting) there is no working SLI. I get it to produce more FPS but at the same time lots of flickering in watertextures.

Winger
Old 06-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

All I saw of the Beta patch was the disappearance of vehicles and AA gunner in 'The Black Death' track, thought 'FFS' and left it alone.

Hope the retail is an improvement.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

well, perhaps they plan to give the E-4 the newer canopy, headarmour and a automatic propeller system - that is more work than 'just' change the weapons in the already existing E-3............

anyway, if its true that the mineshells(MG-FF/M) are already in gamecode, i am wondering why the 110C-4/-7 dont get it - they deserve it , otherwise they are no Mark 4 and 7 !