Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

The F-4 Phantom was a beast. Back home they have one set up as a VFW memorial in the park. I can't imagine Navy aviators landing those things on carriers. It was literally "falling with style" while trying to line up.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Approved Member

Should see the size of the f-14 tomcat they have out front of the building that thing is a beast
Old 01-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Approved Member

Good pics, thanks for sharing. Oh and look at those wings on that flimsy little N.17s, totally get the feeling you describe, it looks as if you can take it apart with a couple of well-landed punches
Old 01-05-2012, 02:19 AM
Approved Member

Seeing the planes suspended from the ceiling brought me back to when i was a kid.i think i had one or 2 hanging from my bedroom ceiling.i imagine they used more than cellophane tape and fishing line for these.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=mavrickandgoose;376029]

hi mav,

fantastic pics!!!thanks for sharing!!!!

...especially the french nieuport 24 serie number 3588 "ZIGOMAR 5" flown by lieutenant PAUL TARASCON, escadrille(squadron) N62 ,automn 1916...

again superb pics !thanks!

friendly
olife
Old 01-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Approved Member

Brilliant bunch of pics there mav&pappy. Nice to see that collection of wwi biplanes
Old 01-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

There was a group going through with a guide and I overheard a interesting story about the Newport. He was saying the French were having a lot of issues with the Newport and it was very unreliable to the point that the French refused to fly it. This was at the same time the U.S was entering the war and we really had no planes. So the French gave all the newports to us Americans lol!!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrickandgoose View Post
There was a group going through with a guide and I overheard a interesting story about the Newport. He was saying the French were having a lot of issues with the Newport and it was very unreliable to the point that the French refused to fly it. This was at the same time the U.S was entering the war and we really had no planes. So the French gave all the newports to us Americans lol!!
yes it is right mav,the frenchies didn't want the nieuport 28 cause it had 2 big problems : the plane can lose his wing mounting during a too violent climb and can catch fire if the pilot forget to cut the gazolin tap when he stop the engine after the landing!...mmm we were not very fair play to give to the US pilots these dangerous planes...but the americans pilots were good in the nieuports,like RICKENBAKER ,CAMPBELL OR MEISSNER ...

after the americans receive the SPAD fighters which are better.

Last edited by olife; 01-05-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

WowZa........... thats what I call a collection ! . Noah's arc for aero nuts !!!