Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Approved Member

Nice screens. The detail in the parked-up 109 cockpit, with canopy slightly open screen is amazing. The shadow detail and lighting is awesome!

http://gamer.ru/system/attached_imag...jpg?1298534805

I see a problem though!

This was 'found' and posted before Friday........what the heck is Oleg going to post now for the Friday update!!?

Better be good

Cheers, MP

Last edited by Mysticpuma; 02-24-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
Nice screens. The detail in the parked-up 109 cockpit, with canopy slightly open screen is amazing. The shadow detail and lighting is awesome!

I see a problem though!

This was 'found' and posted before Friday........what the heck is Oleg going to post now for the Friday update!!?

Better be good

Cheers, MP
I hear ya,I hope for videos.We have already seen lots of good pictures, a vid or two would be the icing of the cake.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
Not only do we get a realistic workload that will force people to fly smarter, the game also models the pilot's inability to control more than two things at a time. You press two buttons at the same time on your keyboard/hotas that correspond to functions on the side consoles and that effectively means your virtual self has taken his hands off the stick

That's pretty much excellent and will make us appreciate how these aircraft were really flown, because it effectively disables tools we have and they didn't, like hotas macros: in order for a macro to work without wrestling control of the aircraft away from you, adequate delays between each action would have to be part of the macro and this means it could be the same as manually pressing the keys on your keyboard in sequence.
+1

It's a great and very ingenious feature.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodan View Post
I find it a little disturbing that a website gets the info instead of the community on the forum, for example on flyable planes.
Why did they get it, why not straight on the forum the real il2 community.
Oh, so anyone that posts a preview of the game on a forum other than here is a poser and not a 'real' community member? Reviews like this are popping up because (shock!) the game is being developed in Russia, and so it follows that previews are going to show up on Russian gaming forums.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Approved Member

Those new screen-shots look great, things really look to be coming along. Hope the shoreline gets a looking at by the team, there's no transition.

Flyingbullseye
Old 02-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post

I see a problem though!

Better be good

Cheers, MP
-NITPICKING MODE ON-!!!!!

its a great shot and your right the lighting is very very nice....but does the canopy glass look abit clean and perfect?...i wonder if we will get the tiny canopy scratches when looking through it?

plus would be great to see lots of dirt and stuff thrown up when belly landing in a field.

-NITPICKING MODE OFF-

Last edited by furbs; 02-24-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:33 AM
BigPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
-NITPICKING MODE ON-!!!!!

its a great shot and your right the lighting is very very nice....but does the canopy glass look abit clean and perfect?...i wonder if we will get the tiny canopy scratches when looking through it?

plus would be great to see lots of dirt and stuff thrown up when belly landing in a field.

-NITPICKING MODE OFF-
LOL come on waay to much work for cpu power or GPU power
Old 02-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPickle View Post
LOL come on waay to much work for cpu power or GPU power
No it's not, look at Wings of Prey.