Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

Hi Stern,
What makes me most unhappy is that those who, until last friday at 18.00pm, condemned the behavior of those whining, now do the same thing. So, to all whiners, take advantage of the moment and join the chorus! before the hangover passes...Nobody will blame u for doing. (I hope)

BTW..I take advantage for first.
yesterday in late afternoon I was logged on Repka server, we were only 7!very sad...at least there were 2 Do17 (AI) and the usual 4 Stukas (AI).
The feeling was like the ending of Closterman 'Big Circus' (for those who has read it)...resigned mood in general.

I'll spare you the considerations about flying over bad-looking terrain etc..

Switched to Il2-UP3.0
Cheers
Old 07-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPickle View Post
i agree the tom foolery we had yesterday broke the tension.
Chuck was not amused.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Devs do not make such decisions and UBI does not share communications budget with them.

Devs only program and model. All communication and support is done by publisher. UBI supports their forums from this money you paid them they do not share it with 1C.

Devs do not decide on release date. Publisher does. It is publishers responsibility to inform customers of release and communicate with them providing any support.
This forum has always been the (English) source of news for IL-2 including CoD. Luthier has chosen to post development updates here. Luthier commented that he would try and post updates here on Fridays. It is simply not true that these devs only program and model - they have engaged in PR on this very forum for years.

It is perfectly reasonable to expect some information on this site. If this has changed they should let us know.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up

LOL

You guys crack me up

This forums have nothing to do with the BOB COD, except to be a place to talk about it.

Now the US release is out, afaik. Maybe things will change, maybe not.

Everyone complained about Ubisoft forums, for years now.
The parents complain about the profanity.
Everyone wants his "thing" fixed.
Some members want developers to keep open discussion, but others only want to rag on them.

Where did civil discussion go? It melted into oblivion?

Too many people hang out on this forums because they really are anxious about their favorite air combat sim. Most of us understand that, but the more they hang out the more discussion degrades to worthless banter.

There are those type of posters that we all know from real life that just complain and whine, walk around with a half empty glass. No way we can ferret out the winners from the losers, except over time we do form our opinions of them.

Not picking on any person with this posting, because everyone is entitled to say something as long as they try to stay within the rules of this forums. The rules were documented to provide some guide to facilitating civil discussions among members. That is all they are there for.

Blaming the forums is stupid. It's about the members of the forums that make them what they are, nothing more nothing less.

Last edited by nearmiss; 07-19-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazon View Post
Sternjaeger tell us what we are supposed to talk about. We can't discuss our MP experiences because it doesn't work properly. We can't discuss our SP experiences because there is no real SP to talk about. Not everyone wants to get into the FMB or make movies.

The only thing left to discuss is bugs and speculation as to what on earth is going on since we have heard nothing for 18 days. The only person to blame is 1C for not keeping us informed as to when we'll get our sim game.
I agree, and as a customer I feel ripped off too, but a few things are obvious:

1) we won't get our money back
2) there's nothing on par with this sim, buggy as it is, at the moment.
3) the game will get better, like other sims did, with a suffering start and an improving quality.

it's not the whining per se, it's the elaborated stuff like "here what tracers look like, I've seen them in Pearl Harbor" or "this game is XXXX" and then you look at the user's rig and realise he has a good one for IL-2, but not for CoD.

And yes, I'm sure that if there was more feedback and interaction from Luthier & Co. there would be way less whining, but guys, stop for a second and look at the potential of the game you have installed.. it's infinitely superior to ANY simulation out there, this is a fact. Improvements will come with better rigs and patches, I think we're just at the troubled dawn of a superb simulation, and that's probably what Luthier is worried about: it's not the petty stuff, it's the grand scheme. Picking up on Oleg's role must have been a HUGE challenge, and yes, most of us think he's making a HUGE mistake in not delivering serious, regular updates, but all we can do is wait and hope they'll polish what I look at as a rough diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP_Tailspin View Post
And the root cause of this is ?
The root cause is the users and the lack of updates. I always looked at ww2 sims as a niche market, and I'm glad that there actually are a lot of people that find it fascinating. I also appreciate that not all of us are literate on the subject, both under a historical an technical point of view, so why going with all the technical/historical speculation, based mostly on one's assumption?! Reading that day after day is really really annoying..

Quote:
Some people just have nothing positive to say …
agreed, so instead of whining on something that has been flagged already, they can search the forum for similar threads, read and STFU..
Quote:
Your not complaining are you … I think the moderators do an excellent job.
opinions man, it's yours vs mine, I think that mods are doing a random job, it's like they check only every now and then, give a general rather gross sweep (without following the forum rules themselves: before ANY banning they should send a warning) and go back to whatever they're doing..
Quote:
“I'm only expressing my personal view” as are others, but there views are different than yours, that’s all …

Come on Sternjaeger …
I take views and respect everybody's, as long as they're literate and make sense. I reckon there should be an option to filter posts according to forum members' age..
Old 07-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

It's like eharmony or match.com.

A bunch of losers who desperately need to get laid.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
I reckon there should be an option to filter posts according to forum members' age..
You kidding? The majority of those boohoo-my-game-is-broken moaners are mid 20s to mid 50s losers who don`t know anything else to enjoy than whats going on on their monitor.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy_ View Post
You kidding? The majority of those boohoo-my-game-is-broken moaners are mid 20s to mid 50s losers who don`t know anything else to enjoy than whats going on on their monitor.
What a loser!
Old 07-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
LOL

You guys crack me up

This forums have nothing to do with the BOB COD, except to be a place to talk about it.

Now the US release is out, afaik. Maybe things will change, maybe not.

Everyone complained about Ubisoft forums, for years now.
The parents complain about the profanity.
Everyone wants his "thing" fixed.
Some members want developers to keep open discussion, but others only want to rag on them.

Where did civil discussion go? It melted into oblivion?

Too many people hang out on this forums because they really are anxious about their favorite air combat sim. Most of us understand that, but the more they hang out the more discussion degrades to worthless banter.

There are those type of posters that we all know from real life that just complain and whine, walk around with a half empty glass. No way we can ferret out the winners from the losers, except over time we do form our opinions of them.

Not picking on any person with this posting, because everyone is entitled to say something as long as they try to stay within the rules of this forums. The rules were documented to provide some guide to facilitating civil discussions among members. That is all they are there for.

Blaming the forums is stupid. It's about the members of the forums that make them what they are, nothing more nothing less.

Nearmiss, you have quite a big mileage in terms of forum moderating, and you know better than me that everybody's a hero behind a keyboard. I had violent menaces via PM by a delusional forum member over a very silly thing not so long ago, which really made me think about how these places sometimes take the worst out of us.
In my own delusional view of a forum, I always thought that it could be a place to meet people with similar interests, share knowledge, ask questions and find answers. A place where people would be respectful, post intelligent comments and help developers into further developing the game. I experienced it with the beta of Rise of Flight, it was an enclosed number of people, yes, but it was brilliant to interact directly with the developers.

This is (in theory) the closest place to interact with developers, and that's the spirit with which I joined this forum more than any other, because I was hoping that my experience and knowledge could be put to use, but apparently they know better..
Old 07-19-2011, 01:29 PM
BigPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy_ View Post
You are such a massive bell

Last edited by BigPickle; 07-19-2011 at 04:57 PM.