Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 12-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
Well it was our money that should have been doing the talking instead of bitching, but now we have people queing up to pay for BoS despite their dev updates reading like....

can we have...

NO

will it do....

NO
Yes, but...Oleg might have said "yes" , but with a reminder that a " yes" was bond to a "WIP" that would eventually mean "no"....
And after 8 years of development, many " yes" turned out to be a "never"...

I f you are right about the fact that a part of CLOD's failure is due to the constant whining, and investors were influenced by the moaning on the forum, it shows how Jason has acquired some whisdom from that venture...
So he says "no" to everything that is not essential in the first built of BOS....

Salute !
Old 12-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjordmonkey View Post
Even when I see it, I will have my skeptical-pants on, and those are damn hard to remove!

I can't believe I said that...
I was totally hyped right before the launch of CloD with expectations and optimism flying waaay too high. Let's just say I'm realistically optimistic this time around, as in getting a working WWII combat flight game out of the box with working basic features. Yes, CloD raised the bar in some ways but it also lowered it in others. Here's to the future!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post

I f you are right about the fact that a part of CLOD's failure is due to the constant whining, and investors were influenced by the moaning on the forum, it shows how Jason has acquired some whisdom from that venture...
So he says "no" to everything that is not essential in the first built of BOS....

Salute !
Investors are much more pragmatic than that.

A more likely scenario is the whining directly effected ongoing sales and the lack of any revenue stream (no new users due to internet whining and no money from existing users as there are no paid addons), when combined with escalating dev costs, put the balance sheet increasingly in the red.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
bollox, tripe, and poppycock

the final patch in September 2012 produced a good and pretty well rounded game
Interesting. I wouldn't call it "good" or "well rounded". I'd call it "adequate" but "limited".

It has good points (how it looks in-cockpit plus player models) but there is a lot that is still poor.

LOD (disappearing/invisible aircraft wind me up)
Weather systems missing or unuseable online
No co-op mode
Poor campaign
Trees flickering and insubstantial
Poor engine optimisation
etc

That they released it in such a poor state, and couldn't fix it in time, is what killed it. If it had been good on release, or massively improved in a short time, it would have lived. You cannot whine about people expressing their dissatisfaction when that dissatsisfaction was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
Well it was our money that should have been doing the talking instead of bitching, but now we have people queing up to pay for BoS despite their dev updates reading like....

can we have...

NO

will it do....

NO
They had my money, and lot of others' money besides. I don't like buying something only to get it 18 months later - not really good business sense.

You don't have to buy BoS if you don't want to. It'll be the only game in town but you don't have to play or even be negative about it. Wow, I'm starting to sound like the fanboys who said I should have checked the forums before buying CLOD (depsite showing my support by a pre-order).

Hood
Old 12-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
Interesting. I wouldn't call it "good" or "well rounded". I'd call it "adequate" but "limited".

It has good points (how it looks in-cockpit plus player models) but there is a lot that is still poor.

LOD (disappearing/invisible aircraft wind me up)
Weather systems missing or unuseable online
No co-op mode
Poor campaign
Trees flickering and insubstantial
Poor engine optimisation
etc

That they released it in such a poor state, and couldn't fix it in time, is what killed it. If it had been good on release, or massively improved in a short time, it would have lived. You cannot whine about people expressing their dissatisfaction when that dissatsisfaction was right.

They had my money, and lot of others' money besides. I don't like buying something only to get it 18 months later - not really good business sense.

You don't have to buy BoS if you don't want to. It'll be the only game in town but you don't have to play or even be negative about it. Wow, I'm starting to sound like the fanboys who said I should have checked the forums before buying CLOD (depsite showing my support by a pre-order).

Hood

I really think that Clod is going to become really big and popular, both on and off line...it will just take some time.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 12-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
I really think that Clod is going to become really big and popular, both on and off line...it will just take some hackers
fyp
Old 12-24-2012, 03:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I really think that Clod is going to become really big and popular, both on and off line...it will just take some time.
Congratulations! Because of you optimisim and positive attitude you win free membership in CODFA and get to place "CODFA Membership #0004" in your signature!

Welcome to the Association!
Old 12-24-2012, 06:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Congratulations! Because of you optimisim and positive attitude you win free membership in CODFA and get to place "CODFA Membership #0004" in your signature!

Welcome to the Association!

0004 wow!...I am so very honored . .NURSE! NURSE!..come quickly to see this

nurse tells me that it would conflict with my secret encrypted question in my sig

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 12-24-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
0004 wow!...I am so very honored . .NURSE! NURSE!..come quickly to see this

nurse tells me that it would conflict with my secret encrypted question in my sig
Hmm! Come to think of it the other two people that have been confered with this honour seem reluctant to advertise the fact as well???????

Problem is when (or if) you get accepted into BoSFA your membership number will probably be around #999993 or something like that!

Hood! Whats it up to now???

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 12-24-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
bollox, tripe, and poppycock

the final patch in September 2012 produced a good and pretty well rounded game

but with forums filled with low attention span teens and impatient self contrite fools, none of those had the brain power or EQ to see CoD's good qualities in context of other problematic flightsim releases in previous years (like RoF for ex, something many of those same morons seem to glorify without knowing or understanding its good and bad points), and give it the further time it needed (even if that meant they personally wouldnt play it right now for whatever reason)

so you personally got what you deserved for all your whining and bitching, eg now you got NOTHING !

enjoy what you helped to create

or you gonna whine now that there is nothing ?

CoD is pretty good now, and it could have been, should have been, was going to be GREAT ! with years of addons and further evolution to even greater things to look forward to, but instead right now YOU got nada, zip, zero, nothing !
I was replying to BC's post in relation to the original Il-2 series. Not Cliffs of Dover...