Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

View Poll Results: What would you like next??
Wellington and Beaufighter for BoB Theatre 70 46.36%
Battle over Moscow Theatre 81 53.64%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs down ... none of the ones to chose from, ...

... I´d like to have a fully working "Cliffs of Dover" with all the features that were supposed to be in the sim, a sim that is running smooth with no crashes in multiplayer and warping and suddenly disappearing planes online.
With decent ships, destroyers, battleships, moving weather etc. ...

Before that does not work, it is useless to ask me for the next expansion but I guess they will again find enough fools who will buy the next "masterpiece" from the same makers without hesitating.

Right ?

Old 12-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
... I´d like to have a fully working "Cliffs of Dover" with all the features that were supposed to be in the sim, a sim that is running smooth with no crashes in multiplayer and warping and suddenly disappearing planes online.

Before that does not work, it is useless to ask me for the next expansion but I guess they will again find enough fools who will buy the next "masterpiece" from the same makers without hesitating.

Right ?

100% right.what the use is a new "Wellington" if the thing still performs like a duck?
Old 12-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliocon View Post
The game I thought I was buying?
If they release the Russian theatre and the fixes/improvements arent applied to CLOD I will never buy a 1c game again imo. Its like advertising a furnished house sale which you find out is missing most of the furnishing (because a couch and a window blind counts as furnishing) and has no aircon or insulation. Then they tell you it will be fixed in time... it isnt and they then tell you not to worry because another new house up the road was just completed and this time it will have everything they promised in it... (and they used the money from the previous purchase to build the new house with lol).

Gotta agree with all that..I've been downloading lots of new skins..they look wonderful..the one thing that is right is the community members are stepping up to the plate and really making some nice things...but..its just a new dust jacket on the same book.I want the book to read well...and not have pages missing. But.I should stop...it's getting old...and its becoming a waste of time to read and write this stuff...
Old 12-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
Northern Africa theatre.
+1

Old 12-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Approved Member

If the developers could provide a range of dynamic (or even linear) campaigns as in the previous IL-2s, I think I could live with CoD's current shortcomings. Having completed the sparse 'campaigns' included in the package, I have more or less stopped playing CoD as I find flying single missions uninvolving and the third party campaigns seem to entail flying what is essentially the same mission over and over again.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

Afrika. No buildings, so no stutters
Old 12-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

It seems a pity, after putting so much work into the Channel map, to abandon it in the first expansion and head back to Russia so soon. 1C could have got a quick cash injection by leaving the main map as is (or perhaps populating France a little more) and simply producing a 1941 plane set.

This would have provided some interesting battles such as the Bf-109F becoming outclassed when the SpitfireV was introduced.... And that in it's turn becoming outclassed with the introduction of the FW-190A.

The Med would have been a great add on as well.

I just hope that, after the Battle for Moscow expansion, 1C consider returning to the Western front (and maybe the Med).
Old 12-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs down ... none of the ones to chose from, ...

Right ?

I couldnt say it better
Old 12-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Anything that includes a P-51.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 159th_Jester View Post
It seems a pity, after putting so much work into the Channel map, to abandon it in the first expansion and head back to Russia so soon.
Did I miss the post where Luither said the sequal would not include the channel map?

If so could you give me the link?

Because until I see him clearly state that I would find it hard to belive that they would not include the channel map..

Based on 1C's track record with IL-2 where each sequal included all the maps, planes, etc from the previous versions