Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

You'd never fight for 40 minutes.. but you fly 40 minutes..

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/
Old 10-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

How long was your dogfight or any continuous fight with actual humans on a server full switch ( the rest wont count too much arcadish that need fatigue settings).. Just by curiosity?
Have you ever did some match serious competition for example against some great international team? with some good mission objectives .. how long was your engagement in dogfight knowing that you have one life or maybe two max.

Just by curiosity..

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/
Old 10-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

First of all, salute to everybody on this new forum.

Gozr: the extraordinary resistance of our virtual pilot (he can apply 50 lbs continuously for an undefined time and sustain 5 + G also for an undefined time) allows a flight style and tactics (hard evading maneuvers lasting ad infinitum) greatly different from any realistic counterpart (only 2-3 minutes of hard maneuvers before fatigue, since the importance of advantage), something that a simulator should take count of.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOZR
How long was your dogfight or any continuous fight with actual humans on a server full switch ( the rest wont count too much arcadish that need fatigue settings).. Just by curiosity?
Have you ever did some match serious competition for example against some great international team? with some good mission objectives .. how long was your engagement in dogfight knowing that you have one life or maybe two max.
Air War Force... CAP mission.

Enemy fighters attack you before the bombers arrive: your objective is to intercept the bombers and to stay alive.

Action over base can last 20min... until the bombers arrive... and at the end you have to return home.

A whole generation of pilots learned to treasure the Spitfire for its delightful response to aerobatic manoeuvres and its handiness as a dogfighter. Iit is odd that they had continued to esteem these qualities over those of other fighters in spite of the fact that they were of only secondary importance tactically.Thus it is doubly ironic that the Spitfire’s reputation would habitually be established by reference to archaic, non-tactical criteria.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Approved Member

Hi all,

My opinion is that fatigue should be an option - or several ones - to tick in the "difficulty" settings.

Add this to "full real" settings and you'll have an even more challenging simulation, regardles of the way they implement it.

Regards,
Insuber
Old 10-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6S.Manu
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOZR
Air War Force... CAP mission.

Enemy fighters attack you before the bombers arrive: your objective is to intercept the bombers and to stay alive.

Action over base can last 20min... until the bombers arrive... and at the end you have to return home.
I have one track.....me in 190 vs some good guy in Spitfire......
Over 30mins.
I have it somewhere.

End: I ruined the engine and glided down he overshoot, stalled and I got the kill.

Must be very high in the "total fluke" kills chart................

BTW.........yes I ruined the FW engine, and he - he flew on 200% all the time since he first climbed up and then tailed me close for almost 30mins.................and if it wasn't for pure luck, clownfire model would take another victim!

Un-rightfully so.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

DKoor, I thought this thread was about fatigue?

Must you always, always bring up your dislike of the Spitfire?

This is a new forum, can't we please have an adult discussion, and save the "plane X is uber/clowncar" comments for elsewhere?

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 10-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Spitfire model is in close relation to this issue.
When you have fatigue modeled...................

..........guess who's gonna suffer most from it?
Old 10-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Longest flight was 1h 55min(P47D), but it goes over 1h often enough, as for the dogfight or better said "dogfight" 99% of them in my case lasts well under one minute, when it becomes dirty(after opponent makes 20 +/-5G manouvers ) I go away, that's just my "flying" style it doesen't matter how many "lives" I have to use
However that is not the max I see around, yes even in "serious" online events, many people just pull insane amount's of sustained high G loads or repeat even greater G loads during extended period of time.
Also I don't think virtual pilot should be a sitting duck after 1h of normal flight(or even much more), but now you have people that start their fights like RedBull races, 6G turn for opening, then 5G turn for first defensive, then ride the grayout at ~4G for a while, then apply some negative, then pull 5 again, I mean WTF this is not LockOn.
AFAIK average person can endure 5G's before G-LOC, I think this is well modelled in game(IL2) considering that theese are not modern jet fighter pilots in fancy G-suits, however although il2 has effect of continuos G-pulling via somewhat easier G-LOC if you recently G-LOC-ed(really hurts the tongue doesn't it ) wich was a great feature when il2 came out I think it needs a small upgrade
Mind you I don't expect wonders from that feature, just a bit extra effects to tone down the rollercoaster effect you can see both online and offline(ok that's about AI but nevertheless...)
Old 10-21-2007, 06:57 AM
Approved Member

Well as long as it can be turned OFF ,just in case its crap and i can live with out it if it takes too many more years too do