Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

ok i dont want to talk money but my understanding is not enough money= no sequel so i would like to know a bit.
btw great game so gl guys
Old 10-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
It is not depends on us.
We - ourselves - can not release even DLC or title update on our own. So it is completely publisher's decision.
Right now, we are talking publisher to make DLCs with our own money, self-funded, and release them (and get royalties), so that's not about we don't want to. Nothing decided yet.
We'll keep you updated.

Making sequel, on the other hand, is something we can do on our own.
Gaijin is freaking awesome. You guys rule. Thank you for such a awesome game!!!!
Old 10-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitch40 View Post
ok i dont want to talk money but my understanding is not enough money= no sequel so i would like to know a bit.
btw great game so gl guys
Right now it is still not enough money to get royalties, if that was you ask for. It is about 200k copies sold (according to vgchartz).
However, extrapolation is rather good.
Game was just released in Germany, and it is still less than month from UK release.
In any case - developer is last link in a royalties chain, so publisher will definetly get money he invested with a reasonable (100-200%) margin.
Game business is risky one, so margin should be bigger than that to allow developer to get his royalty - but it is already OK for us to make sure someone (this publisher or other) would like to publish our game.

And there is PSN/XBL in the end.

Last edited by Anton Yudintsev; 10-03-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong(NICELY!), but from what I'm reading, is future DLC still up in the air right now?(No pun intended). I know we are getting a TU, but is that all we know for sure? I thought we had already been promised DLC.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Right now it is still not enough money to get royalties, if that was you ask for. It is about 200k copies sold (according tp vgchartz).
Game was just released in Germany, and it is still less than month from UK release.
In any case - developer is last limk in a royalties chain, so publisher will definetly get money he invested with a reasonable (100-200%) margin.
Game business is risky one, so marging should be bigger than that to allow developer to get his royalty - but it is already OK for us to make sure someone (this publisher or other) would like to publish our game.

You and your team should get paid for being the best developer. I never seen devs stay in contact with fans and explain things like your team does. Big Thumbs Up
Old 10-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Right now it is still not enough money to get royalties, if that was you ask for. It is about 200k copies sold (according tp vgchartz).
In any case - developer is last limk in a royalties chain, so publisher will definetly get money he invested with a reasonable (100-200%) margin.
Game business is risky one, so marging should be bigger than that to allow developer to get his royalty - but it is already OK for us to make sure someone (this publisher or other) would like to publish our game.

well thats not what i ment but oh well
i mean is a sequel dependant on sales of bop and if so whats the forcast for the sequel. btw its good that you still post here
Old 10-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleStandards View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong(NICELY!), but from what I'm reading, is future DLC still up in the air right now?(No pun intended). I know we are getting a TU, but is that all we know for sure? I thought we had already been promised DLC.
Yes, and we've almost made it already.
But we are not the one who released it.
In any case, it is still enough time, so don't worry now.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitch40 View Post
well thats not what i ment but oh well
i mean is a sequel dependant on sales of bop and if so whats the forcast for the sequel.
Of course, it depends on sales.
But first month sales are already ok, I guess - at least for us, developers.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Of course, it depends on sales.
But first month sales are already ok, I guess - at least for us, developers.
So publisher pays you before game is even released correct?
Old 10-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Approved Member

Anton,

I read an article where this game was trying to sell itself as the "call of duty of the skies", Personally, I hope for the experience of flight sim not to become that, however, for the sake of developers and a promise of future sequels I do wish this game good luck and success. Another thing, no money for advertisement? I feel this game is selling by the good reputation it gathered on the PC, that is why I bought it, and by a few curious others. Anyhow, I love the experience that im getting from this title. Thank you.