Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 09-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Approved Member

The Desastersoft campaigns show a glimpse of what CloD could have been. These guys do some fantastic work within the constraints of this unfinished sim, and I'll most probably buy this new addon, too.

Last edited by ParaB; 09-11-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Approved Member

For pilots overseas ( like me ) there is of course the question will this be available for download and if possible in english?

Furthermore.....a career system? Does this look like it will be something close to a dynamic campaign generator?

In any case, keep it up Desastersoft, you're doing good.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Approved Member

I purchased, downloaded, and installed the "Dundas vs Wick" campaign. It all went without a hitch and plays great on my PC -- the airfields are well populated and feel "alive", yet frame rates are fine (> 30 fps). After flying a couple of missions I decided to hold off any further play until the AI and Comms are fixed by the MG devs for better immersion. The Desastersoft product is excellent IMHO.

I plan to purchase the Channel campaign if/when an English version is released.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

After today's announcement, I'm not so sure whether I should purchase the "Helmut Wick vs. J. C. Dundas" add-on or not, so what do you guys suggest? Yes? No?
Old 09-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

it depends on whether you are satisfied with the current broken AI and its behavior, or not.

the campaigns in itself are decent, and they've included some new systems, like the career one, so all in all, it would be a good thing to go for, if there wouldn't have been the current disastrous state of the game.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

I'm not really satisfied with it, but I thought it'd still be alright, assuming that it's going to be fixed in the future. Problem is that there doesn't seem to be any accurate answer to that... so is the add-on still worthy, given the game's current state?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:23 AM
Approved Member

As I understand it, (according to another Forum thread) you can modify the game files to improve the responsiveness of the AI. I attempted to do this but I must have cocked it up somehow because nothing happened, but some people claim it can be done and I suspect they're right. Now, if that is the case, can the AI in the Desastersoft campaigns also be modified in this way? Does anyone know?
Old 12-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Approved Member

Hi everyone,
I bought this bunch of campaign, and was wondering something.
Is there a way to let an autopilot handle the plane during long nav and other boring stuff like that?
I know it was possible in the good old Il-2, even to skip time until an event appears like passing a waypoint or closing in to the objectives or any enemy fighter, but it seems not to be possible in Cliff of Dover.
I can see the command "AI control" or something like that, but it does not seem to work. any clue on this subject?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychopoak View Post
Hi everyone,
I bought this bunch of campaign, and was wondering something.
Is there a way to let an autopilot handle the plane during long nav and other boring stuff like that?
I know it was possible in the good old Il-2, even to skip time until an event appears like passing a waypoint or closing in to the objectives or any enemy fighter, but it seems not to be possible in Cliff of Dover.
I can see the command "AI control" or something like that, but it does not seem to work. any clue on this subject?

Just change your difficulty setting option for that

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 12-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Just change your difficulty setting option for that
is it really THAT simple? any idea of the option to (un-)check? I can't really see wich one is THE one?

btw thanks for the help