Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Death to Spies > Death to Spies: Moment of Truth

Death to Spies: Moment of Truth Sequel to the popular stealth-action Death to Spies

Old 03-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

Now I'll have to learn Russian just to buy this game early!
Old 04-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatoly View Post
No, that's a game fully oriented on the Russian market.
That's a real shame, im really interested in the soviet afghan war
Old 04-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

lol I just got the first Death to spies game last Monday and I just love this game!
I think Death to spies is one of the most underrated pc game these years, I think this game has potentials!

It seems that it is not a popular game outside Russia...I know the game is using Hitman 4 engine and I think it is not a bad thing to "hitmanize" the game play of Death of spies series in the future.

"Hitmanize" means more AI conversation/chat/reaction(pain,scream), more tricks, more killing ways, usable windows and entrances etc.
I would also like to see larger maps and more weather effects!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts View Post
I know the game is using Hitman 4 engine
I doubt it!
Old 04-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts View Post
lol I just got the first Death to spies game last Monday and I just love this game!
I think Death to spies is one of the most underrated pc game these years, I think this game has potentials!

It seems that it is not a popular game outside Russia...I know the game is using Hitman 4 engine and I think it is not a bad thing to "hitmanize" the game play of Death of spies series in the future.

"Hitmanize" means more AI conversation/chat/reaction(pain,scream), more tricks, more killing ways, usable windows and entrances etc.
I would also like to see larger maps and more weather effects!
Without being a pain to anyone, I've really done my best to "advertise" and plug this game whenever I get the chance.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

More or less: We can we figure to actually see this new game/expansion pack come out here in the West?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Well, I got the sequel of the Death to Spies at long last! I give you some of my toughts and I'd like to ask some questions:

!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!

The graphics are even better, there are some more effects setting possibility in menu. We get more background infos in briefings, but less in videos. This time on English and American scenes there are a lot of English conversations (and of course Russians on Soviet level ). The soldiers salute if we wear an SS or officer uniform (or soviet captain uniform), and sometimes we can order a simple "follow me!" or "wait here!" orders to them. etc. etc.

But I'm confused a bit about difficulty levels. There are four difficulty levels, easy, normal, hard and diversionist. Dear Admins, please tell me: Is the hardest the diversionist? If you select this, you can't change your clothes, but the enemy reactions are normals (on hard level, the enemy reactions are advanced)! And what are the bonuses at level-end ratings?

Some negative things:
-some missions are too easy! (especially English and Soviet missions)
-French workers are even dumbs (French voices are missing)
-some features are too hitmanized (the videos, just like in Hitman 3, and Strogov's clothes and gloves on English and American scenes)

In sum, I like the sequel, as much as I like the original game, but I suggest you: play it only on HARD or DIVERSIONIST difficulty level!
(I like the "Bogomolov features" in the sequel, the style of "V.CH." texts, and the Soviet (Ukrainian) level things...just like in the Bogomolov's book!!!)

Fighter comrades! If you have any questions about the sequel, don't hesitate to ask me!

Last edited by hykao; 04-21-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hykao View Post

But I'm confused a bit about difficulty levels. There are four difficulty levels, easy, normal, hard and diversionist. Dear Admins, please tell me: Is the hardest the diversionist? If you select this, you can't change your clothes, but the enemy reactions are normals (on hard level, the enemy reactions are advanced)!
yes. on last level you can't change your clothes, but enemy reactions is like on normal. well, because it's already too hard for some people to play without changing cloth and still be in silenced mode ( without going rambo .. ). The bonuses in this difficulty level is some more silenced weapons ( luger with silencer - you can get ammo for that from other soldiers, and silenced sniper rifle.. )

what level did you liked more?
Old 04-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

I like all the 7 levels. I've finished all on easy difficulty level (because of the easier test of my fan-made Hungarian translation, what I've also done! We found the video subtitles, and added a string to "rolik.shadvs", and made more subtitles for first and last (secret letter) videos... ...There were some really hard sentences for me, especially some of the "VCH" strings of last mission, but the Bogomolov's book gave a big help to understand and translate them... ) ...so I've finished all the 7 level on easy, and I've been finishing all of them on the hardest (diversionist) level. (So far I've done the Bletchley Park and Renegades with perfect ratings)
All missions are very interesting and perhaps they have some real historical backgrounds.
The rainy airfiled not far from Prague, the foggy castle near Paris at early morning, the Ukrainian village in august of 1944 , the Jagellonian castle at night, or the English people who talk about weather, or Americans talk about Hitman ...etc etc. are all very nice. Maybe the first mission is the most elaborated scene, there are a lot of possibilities to complete tasks. ("anti-aircraft" and "radio to group" tasks)

OFF:
by the way, what about Adventures of Captain Vrungel? I saw, it's been developing for a while! I'm looking forward to it! It was the one of my favourite cartoons of my childhood!

Last edited by hykao; 04-22-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Approved Member

Smile

As someone mentioned earlier, I also can not wait until the sequel is released in the United States.

I loved "Death To Spies". Although it had its flaws (all games do), I thought it was a great base upon which to build a potentially awesome series.

And I agree with the others - please feel free to keep the dialogue in Russian (for non-Russian releases)! As long as there are English subtitles, I don't mind.

Cheers.