Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:11 AM
Approved Member

THanks Trk i will check it out i think
Old 01-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Approved Member

Both Anton and Todace have made posts in the last few days again referencing an upcoming sequel.

We should have word within weeks one way or the other.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

where at zatoichi???
Old 01-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
where at zatoichi???
Just click on their names in my post.

EDIT: Another update from Anton:

Quote:
Although this is not announce, we would like to say that we are working on sequel of the game (new flight sim in World War II era).
We will incorporate mostly anticipated features, and take into consideration feedback from community about Wings of Prey - and, of course, we'll make a lot of new ideas.
Any official information, screenshots, demo-versions, etc will be released after official announce of the game - which, as we hope, should happen rather soon.
We have learned our lessons from working with other publishers, and this time we'll make sure that we'll be able to support community after release of the game - with DLCs or updates on all platforms.
Although we are going to release update for Wings of Prey, we also will support our loyal customers, and so we'll make a good bonus for them in upcoming sequel.
Stay tuned!
(emphasis added)

There was the possibility that the sequel could have be Apache 2, so I'm glad that's out of the way. Now all we need is confirmation of a console version.

Last edited by Zatoichi_Sanjuro; 01-19-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Approved Member

I truly hope this is for consoles as well, but great news regardless.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro View Post
Both Anton and Todace have made posts in the last few days again referencing an upcoming sequel.

We should have word within weeks one way or the other.
Thanks for finding that but neither Anton or Todace makes any references about BOP they are talking about sequel to WOP.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
Thanks for finding that but neither Anton or Todace makes any references about BOP they are talking about sequel to WOP.
Correct, but remember they wrote this on the yuplay forum which is frequented by WOP customers. However if you read a bit closer into what he wrote, he said 'updates on all platforms.'.

WOP only exists on the PC. What other platforms could he have meant?

MAC
Old 01-20-2011, 05:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACADEMIC View Post
Correct, but remember they wrote this on the yuplay forum which is frequented by WOP customers. However if you read a bit closer into what he wrote, he said 'updates on all platforms.'.

WOP only exists on the PC. What other platforms could he have meant?

MAC

Thank you I didn't catch that. One thing that worries me a little is when he said that
Quote:
and this time we'll make sure that we'll be able to support community after release of the game - with DLCs or updates on all platforms.
I thought the only way that they could gaurantee that dlc and updates would get out for sure is if they could do it themselves, and the only way that they can do that is if they publish it it like they did with WOP and it being PC they can bypass PSN and XBL, so I don't see how they can do that without a publisher.

I do miss Anton coming in here and talking to us, I wish at somepoint he could come back.

Last edited by trk29; 01-20-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Approved Member

This is great news. But it means too that now I have to hang around here all the time to see the latest news about the sequel.

Last edited by Mage_016; 01-20-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
Thank you I didn't catch that. One thing that worries me a little is when he said that
I thought they only way that they could gaurantee that dlc and updates would get out for sure is if they could do it themselves, and the only way that they can do that is if they publish it it like they did with WOP and it being PC they can bypass PSN and XBL, so I don't see how they can do that without a publisher.

I do miss Anton coming in here and talking to us, I wish at somepoint he could come back.
The way I see it is this: Publishing contracts are not standard contracts you download from the internet and sign - they are worked out. Since there are quite a number of publishers out there who are licensed on the PS3 and XBox platforms, it seems only a matter of finding a publisher who will accept Gaijin's terms on that issue. The contracts Gaijin signed before that didn't give them the right to publish themselves even if the publisher would not want to commit, and they learned their lesson. That's how I see it.

So, while it's still early days, I'd say 'Don't worry, be Happy'.

MAC

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 01-20-2011 at 01:47 PM.