Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 06-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Downloaded and played through the first 2 missions. Nice briefs, glad you put a ferry flight and test flight in the beginning, gives a sense of early war, and not jumping directly into 50 plane battles.

I had a problem in the first mission. After takeoff, heading approx 270 as the runway is that direction, I circled and left on a departure heading of 350 at around 2300m to head towards Audembert. None of my Schwarm joined me, although I had witnessed them taking off. Of course, with the radio function not working, I couldn't direct them to rejoin. Is there some sort of waypoint trigger I missed?

In the end, it didn't matter, because playing with the oil rad and water rad on the last leg of the flight, I perforated my radiators and was forced to bring her down quickly, and didn't get to hunt for any Brits lingering in the area.

There are certain rules in place for departing the airport traffic pattern in RL, I think that the AI were just following whatever rules are in game...here is the general rule here in the States, but this will vary from feild to field.

"When departing the traffic pattern, airplanes should continue straight out
or exit with a 45 left turn (right turn for right traffic pattern) beyond
the departure end of the runway after reaching pattern altitude. Pilots need
to be aware of any traffic entering the traffic pattern prior to commencing
a turn."

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 06-21-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

Fantastic ! Thanks alot

I added another download mirror >> http://www.norwegian-server.com/e107...pic.php?1093.0
RAM : 4 GB

Old 06-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

JG26_German_Campaign is proving to be the most popular download so far. If you enjoy the campaign please be sure to rate it and leave a review on the download page
Old 06-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Approved Member

Default Take-off and forming up

Quote:
Downloaded and played through the first 2 missions. Nice briefs, glad you put a ferry flight and test flight in the beginning, gives a sense of early war, and not jumping directly into 50 plane battles.

I had a problem in the first mission. After takeoff, heading approx 270 as the runway is that direction, I circled and left on a departure heading of 350 at around 2300m to head towards Audembert. None of my Schwarm joined me, although I had witnessed them taking off. Of course, with the radio function not working, I couldn't direct them to rejoin. Is there some sort of waypoint trigger I missed?

In the end, it didn't matter, because playing with the oil rad and water rad on the last leg of the flight, I perforated my radiators and was forced to bring her down quickly, and didn't get to hunt for any Brits lingering in the area.
There are quite a few features 'switched-off' in the FMB. For example, you can't nominate a take-off direction, due to the prevailing winds yet. I have been manually taking-off, with complex engine management, then puting the aircraft on 'A' (autopilot) while the rest of the Gruppe form-up. The Schwarms take-off in pairs then form-up on you, after circling the airfield once. You then start steadily climbing out over the Channel in a Schwarm or Gruppe. When you see the enemy fighters, or here somebody reporting them, go back to manual flying and good luck. The same situation applies in 'Spitfire Dawn'.

The radio commands are not working properly either. I would imagine they will act as 'trigger points' to command your Schwarm or Gruppe to do certain things.

I have been given a link to a Russian site where one of their members have 'cracked' how the FMB works. The site has been translated in English and I am currently studying how to get the FMB working better. Hopefully Ilya and his team are working on getting the FMB up and running with all the features working very soon?

DFLion
Old 06-21-2011, 12:00 AM
Approved Member

Thank U!

I really appreciate the work of all Mission-Builders!
Downloading it right now an give it tomorrow a try with...the new PATCH!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dflion View Post
I have been given a link to a Russian site where one of their members have 'cracked' how the FMB works. The site has been translated in English and I am currently studying how to get the FMB working better. Hopefully Ilya and his team are working on getting the FMB up and running with all the features working very soon?

DFLion
What's the site link, please?

Also, same thing happened to me too, for some reason, the schwarm doesn't recognize you as leader anymore, and they are not following you, or respond to any of your commands (which is because the command system in-game is broken). I think it might be related with the take-off sequence (most of the time, I am pushed away from the runaway by the wind, and after asking for take-off clearence, I am going to the next nav point straight away, without waiting for the schwarm to form up).
Old 06-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Approved Member

Talking It isn't that simple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
What's the site link, please?

Also, same thing happened to me too, for some reason, the schwarm doesn't recognize you as leader anymore, and they are not following you, or respond to any of your commands (which is because the command system in-game is broken). I think it might be related with the take-off sequence (most of the time, I am pushed away from the runaway by the wind, and after asking for take-off clearence, I am going to the next nav point straight away, without waiting for the schwarm to form up).
adonys, sadly I can't copy the link for you (something to do with the 'Google translation').
Look at www.sukoi.ru/forum/building campaigns.Technical issues dated: 21/04/2011 by Maestro_Bear - assembling the campaign, technical issues.

If you find it and translate it to the language of your choice, let me know what you think?

DFLion
Old 06-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Approved Member

This is the link to the Assembling the campaign.Technical issues. thread.

And he haven't cracked anything relating how FMB works, he just posted some instructions (not full description of it anyway) regarding how a campaign must be made.

Things I've personally already knew, it's enough to have a look at the way MG's IL2 CoD original campaigns are made (and that's how he learned what he posted in there too). That's how I've transformed your missions into a proper IL2 CoD campaign (I just did a fast and dirty work of it, haven't tried to do it in the proper way, as I don't have time for that. A proper implementation of a campaign will need modifications of the mission files, adding screenshots and intermediate descriptions for all missions, and also scripting).

I don't understand what do you mean by what do I think.. If you ask me if I know how to make missions, or a proper campaign, or make C# scripting.. the answer is yes, I do. I am working in real-life as a lead designer/senior producer/project-manager in a game developing company, and I know programming too (I've finished an IT university).
Old 06-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

looks good, here's a screen shot ..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg me109defiant.jpg (388.0 KB, 39 views)
Old 06-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I think it will be in your Documents/1C Softclub/IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover/Campaigns folder

same path as installing custom skins, but into the campaign folder instead of skins.
I installed it there but at game start I can't find it...what have I done wrong or missed? Thanks!