Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

"On a strong geyser user (level 3) it doesnt matter if u have red or black, they die anyways lol."

That assumption is completely incorrect. The Reds may die, but the Blacks are immune to magic, so the geyser won't hurt them at all. I have seen heroes casting geyser vs. single black dragon stack, but in the end, it's a wasted amount of mana because nothing changes on the battlefield.

Against Baal, both Red and Black Dragons are a really poor choice. Why would one want to use a fire-based attack creatures versus something that is 80% fire resistant? Or even against something that's 50% resistant (like most of the demons Baal summons)? If one does, it clearly shows a significant lack of tactical thinking on their part. Even peasants will be better than red/black dragons for this battle, as both of them will eventually die, but at least the peasants will inflict some damage due to their numbers and physical-based attack

Last edited by DGDobrev; 02-20-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: typos
Old 02-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

How exactly did you have a red and black dragon, one of each, fight each other Nemesis? One HAD to be under your control, and one not. The one under your control has all your attack and defense boosts (And maybe resistances.. guardian angel? Leather dress?) The one under your control should be an easy winner, even if you never touch your spellbook or dragon.

Also, You shouldn't be losing any red or black dragons, unless you are being careless with them.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3MES1S View Post
but i tested on the battlefield and i cant kill a red dragon with a black one, he dies first..even when black has more def and more hit points...
You are either exceedingly unlucky, doing something wrong, or forgetting/omitting some vital information. All else being equal, a black's normal attack does ~30 to a red and a red's does ~18 to a black. A black's special does ~30 to a red and a red's does ~20 to a black. Both specials have the same recharge time and both can easily be used whenever available to attack the other. A black has 130 more health than a red. Your claim doesn't add up.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Approved Member

Reds are superior to blacks except when your opponent has spells.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
How exactly did you have a red and black dragon, one of each, fight each other Nemesis? One HAD to be under your control, and one not. The one under your control has all your attack and defense boosts (And maybe resistances.. guardian angel? Leather dress?) The one under your control should be an easy winner, even if you never touch your spellbook or dragon.

Also, You shouldn't be losing any red or black dragons, unless you are being careless with them.
Just playing different games with 2 save games on sheterra (ultrax). I only used black dragons to test wat im talking about (i really prefer red dragons, they are really more useful). In the "real life" i only used red dragons (and actually i never lose any red dragon to a geyser hero). I cant remember if a geyser hits a black dragon (dont know if BDs are mind spells inmune or just magic resistance but geyser is not a mind spell). Anyways, at the beginning (when u have low number unit stacks) , black dragons are better option, but in mid-later game, red dragons are much better. Against Baal, using dragons is almost stupid, i know but it really doesnt matter to me if i use black dragons or red dragons or just dont use em, cuz i always kill baal too easily (well i didnt try on impossible yet but i think im out for now of kb -.-). Usually, i have a second stack in reserve with emerald green dragons, royal griffins, assasins or something else and i use em with baal.

Last edited by N3MES1S; 02-22-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

I just won a no-loss Mage game, and I've been playing single stack most of the game. I Kited a little and found the Shield of Rekross on Verona + a Call Colloseus scroll, which I used for trolls.

My Lineup was:

trolls first...
Then dual stack of Black and Reds
The the biggest part of the game with EITHER a black or a red dragon
At Shettera and Reha + bosses I had a single stack of Black Knights.

game ended with Black Knights as my champion with 45% dmg
Black and Red dragon each did 20%

rest was divided amongst Trolls+ Demon Portal troops.

My point is, I guess the dragons were equally usefull, since they ended up doing the same dmg. I switched troops to get the no-loss battles and I suppose the dragons have been used 50/50