Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Approved Member

Great work jafa. However You are the greatest Bunny..hihi... THANK YOU SO MUUUCH for your work and time who you spend you for this sim. Iam so nervoes for this great sound mod....rrrooaarr.

Have a good time, with your family too

Best regards from Germany

Towarisch

Last edited by Towarisch; 06-04-2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: PS. ...sorry for my poor english. It´s from school :rolleyes;
Old 06-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Approved Member

To be honest, the engines sound great, but the clarity of the gunfire is too good from inside the cockpit in my honest opinion. The BigPickle MGFF sounds are much more spot-on in a realistic gunfire sound aspect.

RedBatFlight made a soundmod for IL-2 called "Distant Sounds Mod" and it was excellent in both realistic distance sounds and gunfire/explosions. A fusion between his gunfire sounds and your engine sounds would be a wet dream.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RedBatfl.../4/9G8xWDyGwX8

I think the distance sounds are great, also the internal gunfire and distance external gunfire sounds great

Here is a "realistic" flyby with gunfire sound:

As you can clearly hear, it's just "clapping" noises from relatively large guns (.50 cal).

The high-clarity metal clank sounds are for counter-strike, there I said it...

Heres a better attempt to re-create a real-life sound environment...

Ok, gotta fly.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Approved Member

impressive post,

thank you
Old 06-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

Hi, fireflyerz I have sent you a private message.

Bye Ivo

My Pc:
Vista 32 bit
Asus P5E3
intel core 2 quad Q 6600 2,40 Ghz.
Ati 5770
memory DDR3 4 GB.
HD 250 GB
Sound Blaster
Old 06-05-2011, 09:15 AM
BigPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyerz View Post
Yes , sorry , been meaning to reply but forgot and also I think something fishy is going on as my game has changed itself overnight without any update, as for the sounds distance thing I haven't tested it yet or the twins either , keep an eye on your mail mate im going to send you my sounds at some point over the next few days for a second opinion if you dont mind.
No way its not just me, mine did the same thing it worked then next day just stopped, working in third person also my modded gun sounds stop sometimes too. I thought it was something to do with my sample lengths or the formats they were in, I've litterally torn my mod to pieces and still get these problems even with just guns.

# Also the distance sounds are controlled by the game engine in COD, it fades the sound and changes the tone the greater the distance from the player camera etc

I'd be glad to help out mate

Last edited by BigPickle; 06-06-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

epic sounds jafa!
Eheim 1250
Toyota Radiator
XP Home 32bit & Win7 64bit
Crucial SSD C300 64GB
TrackIR 3 Pro
Hotas Cougar + 18cm Extension
+Hall Sensors
Old 06-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Approved Member

Physical barriers usually tend to attenuate higher frequencies more than lower ones. This means, that closed cockpit usually "eats" high pitch noises. For me it seems there are too much high frequencies in those cockpit videos (especially when shooting with MG/FF). Maybe it would sound better if stronger low pass filter were applied.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaltysZ View Post
Physical barriers usually tend to attenuate higher frequencies more than lower ones. This means, that closed cockpit usually "eats" high pitch noises. For me it seems there are too much high frequencies in those cockpit videos (especially when shooting with MG/FF). Maybe it would sound better if stronger low pass filter were applied.
+1
Old 06-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaltysZ View Post
+1

There really good filters out there that emulate closed spaces.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
As you can clearly hear, it's just "clapping" noises from relatively large guns (.50 cal).
That clapping noise is bullet crack cause by the round exceeding the speed of sound. Of course you'd have to take the Doppler effect into account as well.