Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Their work is well known and respected...if they were to get involved with SOW, I think we would all benefit on the immersion factor, man and cockpit.
most likely they will be soon

being one of the most respected addon makers for fsX, and having an obvious interrest in ww2 birds, i'd say they are one of the most likely early candidates to jump on the BoB addon wagon. they'd be foolish not to, given most of their research work and large parts of the design work are already done by them for several planes

didnt they do a b17 recently as well ?
Old 11-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
you should stick to the den of thieves and vandals where you usually hang out with the rest of the zit faced teens

the attempt here (and most normal flightsim forums) is to have meaningfull exchanges of factual information, something obviously way over your head
LOl, now, now, temper. temper zapatista you know what happend last time you lost it
Old 11-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
I kind of hope it doesn't go that way. It would be both annoying to me as a player as well as a potential mission or online scenario builder where a portion of my possible audience was restricted because they haven't subscribed to the micro transaction model. It gets worse when you're trying to be competitive and the top level aircraft are not available unless more money is paid. I'd rather pay $30 for the latest update and get a dozen aircraft than $5 for one.

May not make sense except when I factor in that every time I see this model used ... it always costs more to own everything.
+1

I also prefer having real AddOns covering a certrain scenario over hundreds of micro addons. Like the last three Addons we had ( Pe2, IL10 and the 1946 stuff ). That was a fair amount of new stuff for a good price.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
One area I always thought SoW could exploit is the vintage civil aircraft market that FSX users have traditionally enjoyed. Imagine flying a Dragon Rapide from Croydon to Dover in Oleg's Britain.
I would stop PC gaming before I touch a civil flight sim.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

Well atleast mr maddox did make an reply i could understand, and maby my english is not good enough and i didnt explain exactly what about the vidio i was thinking...

As a bomber pilot i was realy facinatet about the AI crew, and the Heidi Girl. They have createt a full plane with tools that works outside the 3 d engine and made a populatet plane. This is a giant part of imersion, not all enjoys the 1 prob racing planes, but the big slow crew coffins. Oleg talked about this for some time ago, and since its not a priority, i thought A2A could be a good way to maby intigrate something like a crew AI for the player bombers.

Im not a cocpit click all stuf guy, i tryed DCH Blac shark and in full real i simply gave up you need a darn Helo licence just to undertsand half of what you need to do....

I simply looked at the modular way they work and had an interest in the sound and AI module.....

And i noticed thay said it could work with most 3d engines, so i thought of the 3d engine for SOW. I know things are not easy, but crew AI ís primarly run from the client, so there i could se the posibility of something like a crew AI without having a major load on the game it self....

well atleast i have tryed to be more specific what i wantet to show with this..

intension was not to start a flame fest or to agrovate or anoy anyone, it was just to show mr maddox and idea on how to incorpriate a crew AI for us bomber pilots....

Ltbear
Old 11-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

I agree with Icefire that for a combat flight sim the "nickel and dime" model is not that well suited. It's not so much the cost, it's the fact that it fragments the pool of multiplayer participants too much and it makes it difficult to have a proper portrayal of an entire theater with realistic introduction to service timelines.

That being said, it doesn't mean it has to be all black or white, does it now?
FSX is abandoned and there's a gap in the market. You don't have to fly civilian birds and you don't have to like it, but if certain people buy SoW to fly a 3rd party payware add-on DC2 between London and Berlin, it partly funds OUR future combat expansions.

With all due respect and no ill will whatsoever, are some of you oblivious to this potential for future growth and SoW's enhanced financial security, or is the need to make fun of other people's enjoyment so great that it overshadows simple practical thinking? Honest question here, i'm not trying to pick a fight, i just think that some of you are too eager to make fun of the non-combat crowd and are missing the big picture as a result.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
That being said, it doesn't mean it has to be all black or white, does it now?
FSX is abandoned and there's a gap in the market. You don't have to fly civilian birds and you don't have to like it, but if certain people buy SoW to fly a 3rd party payware add-on DC2 between London and Berlin, it partly funds OUR future combat expansions.
Why would there be a gap if there's money to be made?

Just a thought.

Last edited by swiss; 11-09-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
fireflyer "the jaffa cake" contribution to this forum so far = zero
LukeFF's contribution to il2 and this forum = high

i rest my case
What are all his Il-2 videos? Scotch mist?
Old 11-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltbear View Post
Well atleast mr maddox did make an reply i could understand, and maby my english is not good enough and i didnt explain exactly what about the vidio i was thinking...

As a bomber pilot i was realy facinatet about the AI crew, and the Heidi Girl. They have createt a full plane with tools that works outside the 3 d engine and made a populatet plane. This is a giant part of imersion, not all enjoys the 1 prob racing planes, but the big slow crew coffins. Oleg talked about this for some time ago, and since its not a priority, i thought A2A could be a good way to maby intigrate something like a crew AI for the player bombers.

Im not a cocpit click all stuf guy, i tryed DCH Blac shark and in full real i simply gave up you need a darn Helo licence just to undertsand half of what you need to do....

I simply looked at the modular way they work and had an interest in the sound and AI module.....

And i noticed thay said it could work with most 3d engines, so i thought of the 3d engine for SOW. I know things are not easy, but crew AI ís primarly run from the client, so there i could se the posibility of something like a crew AI without having a major load on the game it self....

well atleast i have tryed to be more specific what i wantet to show with this..

intension was not to start a flame fest or to agrovate or anoy anyone, it was just to show mr maddox and idea on how to incorpriate a crew AI for us bomber pilots....

Ltbear
That makes more sense, mate. Have no fear, Oleg has already stated that SOW is modular in design (at least to some extent), so it should be interesting to see what the aftermarket comes up with.

As for the overall design of the A2A spitfire, I think Oleg's is better. While the skin on the A2A Spittie is nothing less that phenomenal, the cockpit is nothing to write home about compared to the SOW Spit. The description of the engine (the planes, not the games) mechanics sounds exactly like what Oleg is already doing, and we already know that the game engine cannot even be compared.

As for all the addon apoplexy going on...... just relax guys, the pay per plane thing does not work for WWII, and Oleg has never showed any interest in it, so it ain't gonna happen. Furthermore Oleg has already stated that online play will be protected, so I doubt very much that there is going to be any thing like the potential problems that some guys have been talking about. Of course I don't see a cheater hiding around every corner either.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

+1 BadAim, well said