Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:43 PM
kalimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
That terrain is better than what we have seen so far from SOW at this moment in time if the colours were different it would be spot on.
That is true...But WOP terrain will never be spot on...Unless we get a all natural and realistic color from this game... And that is the real challenge if we want to compare those two sims...

That means that SOW is our only hope for what we all wish for...

Salute !
Old 10-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

Doesn't matter either way. Even if the terrain was spot on, it would still be in the wrong game.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:05 AM
Approved Member

Actually, what most people forget is the reason WoP can afford to have such terrain. Most maps are very small compared to IL2 or SoW maps, so they can just cram more detail into them for the same cost in processing power.

What i mostly care about is AI, game engine capabilities, dynamic campaign/mission builder/online modes,built-in modability, FM/DM and aircraft systems management. If we need to wait for hardware to catch up before we see something like this with corrected colours on a full size map, then i'm perfectly fine with it.

SoW could have IL2 terrain but if it had improvements in the other fields i mentioned, i'd consider it a sound compromise and a good purchase. After all, it's easier to replace or touch up graphics and textures for stronger PCs at a later date, than it is to rewrite core modules of the software engine that governs whatever happens in the game.