Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Approved Member

Once again you hit the nails head Dale. Never saw this version but it bring back memories as Spencer Tracy was my first hero of american actors from "Captains Courageous" - together with Mickey Rooney. Think I was about 8 when I saw it... Can still feel the lump in my throat. No happy ending. Still don't need them
Old 11-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Approved Member

Glad you enjoyed it, Ottar. Tracy was one of my favorite actors as well when i was growing up...
Old 12-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Approved Member

something vintage for this week...also some sappy moments....but has Steve McQueen....McQs older brother i assume . its a story that shows a different kind of flyer ( ugly american stereotype somewhat psychotic ) and his adventures in england during the war. has some decent "12 o'clock high" footage....black and white makes it all the better. enjoy.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

Its not as good as the orignal movie...but still worth it just to see the mossies fly. its a good example of the special effects of the time...my how things have gotten way better! so with a few breaks in the action...

633 Squadron

Last edited by bobbysocks; 12-12-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

trivia... a little about Cliff Robertson.

As a boy, Cliff Robertson was fascinated with airplanes, and would often hang around the hangers at a small airport nearby, where he traded odd jobs for an occasional quick flight. As a young man, he tried to enlist as a Navy flyer but with less than perfect vision he joined the Merchant Marine instead, serving during World War II. He saw action in the South Pacific, Mediterranean, North Atlantic and France. After the war Robertson became a reporter. He wrote for the Springfield Daily News in Ohio...

Robertson was a collector of airplanes, and an avid pilot, who held single-engine land and sea, multi-engine, commercial, instrument, balloon and glider ratings. Aviation was, he said, more of a passion to him than acting. He was a close friend of Burt Rutan, designer of the Voyager airplane and SpaceShipOne. In 1969, as Nigeria was ravaged by civil war, Robertson helped organize flights bringing food and medicine into the area. And in 1978, when Ethiopia was hit by famine, Robertson again organized incoming supply flights for charity.

The aircraft Robertson once owned but has since sold include:

Supermarine Spitfire Mark IX - The most famous military aircraft of all time and one of the most beautiful ever built. It went up against the vaunted Messerschmitt during World War II and beat back the German threat in the Battle of Britain. By the time production ceased in 1949, over 22,000 Spitfires (and Seafires) had been made. Robertson sold his after getting "an offer I couldn't refuse."

Old 12-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

this week we go back to a little history and this time about my favorite crate....the P 51 Mustang. when i was a kid...movies always started with a short cartoon....so this week's episode will as well...

Last edited by bobbysocks; 12-19-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Approved Member

We have seen video/movies of allied operations etc. This week its all about the "Hun"....The Luftwaffe. And a Russian propaganda cartoon starts the show ( with english subtitles ). And with an added feature....A German news reel of the "Luftwaffe Fighters Against Allied Bombers". This is how Germany portarayed the war to it's citizens...

Last edited by bobbysocks; 12-26-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Approved Member

Up coming episodes....

The Hurricane...a pilots view.

The DeHavilland Mosquito

The Thunderbolt in italy and france

The Italian airforce ( in italian ..no subtitles..yet )

The Luftwaffe in 40, 41 ,42, etc in German ( no subtitles...yet )

The Fw 190

The Me 109

And much more.... so stay tuned.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Approved Member

a christmas season special....since the russian planes for BoS were just announced....a russian film about the transfer of P39s from the us to the ussr using the alaskan route. its in russian with english subtitles....and now

TRANSIT