Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
Are you sure? I thought the anti matter guns / ray guns / laser beams, w/e were just an inside joke (Luthier's attempt at humor) You can't really mount weapons to the Su26 in Clod can you? If so, someone make a video.

No not sure, sorry, flew it once with external views off...I had a hard time loading my shotgun too.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 10-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

At the moment I'd rather spend a hundred bucks on quality FSX payware than 10 bucks on anything related to CloD.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
Sorry, using which civilian transport planes and which effectively working air-to-ground communications systems? And which dynamic weather? You're thinking maybe 10 years into the future. If BoM fails, the game most likely won't be around then, and most likely won't be the best platform for civilian fliers.
Your never going to get over the fact the sim was released unfinished are you. Of course it could fail, but they haven't stopped working on it yet. The game engine was designed for third parties to build aircraft, and there will be no restriction on the type of aircraft. Civilian flight sims don't necessarily have to be commercial traffic only. If the sim survives there is nothing to stop the sim from having some effective air to ground communications, and dynamic weather, as both of which are planned anyway. Of course I'm thinking in the future, which should be obvious to anyone, and doesn't need to be pointed out. If it does happen it doesn't matter how long it takes. If its good people will fly it.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 10-10-2012, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
Are you sure? I thought the anti matter guns / ray guns / laser beams, w/e were just an inside joke (Luthier's attempt at humor) You can't really mount weapons to the Su26 in Clod can you? If so, someone make a video.

: Cool:

By the way, the Su-26 sounds ok ingame, is really fun to fly, and the physics in CloD is better than in any flight sim i flew. Maybe tme Su-26 need some tweaks in FM, but CloD have a really good flight sim engine.

Some people just need to install the last beta patch and see all evolution in performance, work done in FM and DM, and not just keep focus in negative things.

The naysayers beggins to be more boring than the fanboys...
Old 10-10-2012, 02:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBiSoMeM View Post
Some people just need to install the last beta patch and see all evolution in performance, work done in FM and DM, and not just keep focus in negative things.

The naysayers beggins to be more boring than the fanboys...
I hate to tell you that I tol.. Ah nm!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

Yo, some of yous had the bitter pill with your coffee this morning (or night).

Throw it in here cuz the mods won't notice it as much as the Luthier inspired threads?

Easy target, time to take a potshot .

wait someone forgot the "ROF can model the SU-26 better than the SU-26 itself or the FM so flippin' awesome it doesn't need Starwars TIE weaponry and the period abomination SU-26"

----

I did notice how Clod improves on flying when compared to the FSX . . . shoot I remember in the UBI forums 1946 had a preferred FM to FSX . . .

----

short:

maybe a some for novelty. But droves? No. The game's state, computing power required, and lack of mods / user design access such as 'design your own red bull race course' or 'snapping jaw pylon' or Svetlana AI . . .

----

long:

I'd say a few dabblers, but not a big movement. The game's issues have been fixed, but the majority of the fly for fun people don't have a system that can handle it or if they did, they'd just get it for novelty.

A fly only sim requiring a modern PC is MS flight, and it did make it out, but it didn't have good reviews, and MS later cancelled further development. X Plane is out but even the latest doesn't look as good as 1946 modded . . .

So most of the fly only people (I'm generalizing) might not have the monster PC for IL-2.

Back to the novelty . . . the fly only people will probably choose something like DCS because you have the shark, the A-10, and the mustang which covers helo, slow jet, and ww 2.

but more detail

A)
well versed with this games history and knowledgeable about PC's (like they know required specs for any game is basically the minimum and overshooting is much win and can upgrade their stuff and rule out wonky CTD or game not running that's caused by UAC or antivirus etc)

And if they have extra cash, they'll try it for a spin.

B)
have a system that runs MS FSX and IL-2 1946 really well, and are actual civi pilots or just love flying only and non combat

they know about PC's but if the game doesn't run after install, they hit up manufacturer tech support

They would google reviews on this game and pass . . .

C) hard core civi flight simmers. they have a beast of a machine, can fix their own pc, and have all the stuff. Or they have a machine that works the best for what sims and mods they want.

They have their tweaked MS or some other flight sim that's modded for their purpose.

These guys might try it but there will be same number of them that are so entrenched in their specific game they won't.

that's my take

Last edited by hiro; 10-10-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Approved Member

Old 10-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
Is that really what it sounds like in game?

That is awful.
Honestly, the Mp14 doesn't sound very good in real life either....
Old 10-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-EcoDragon View Post
Honestly, the Mp14 doesn't sound very good in real life either....
To your ear Eco
Old 10-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
To your ear Eco

I guess it all depends on how different from a tractor you like your airplanes!