Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Thank you Cpt, please one more question: is there any turn rate difference between turning with bomb and after droppning bomb?
PS: Just want to know if there is one more bug.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakinroll View Post
Thank you Cpt, please one more question: is there any turn rate difference between turning with bomb and after droppning bomb?
PS: Just want to know if there is one more bug.
I think I understand your question...

There is definately a performance drop when doing anything with a Bomb attached. It has a weight and drag factor. Once you drop the bomb you will see an increase in performance however on the A4 through A6 Anton you won't get the same speed out of it compared to a clean airplane because you still have the bomb rack.

This is NOT the case with the A8 and the A9. They have bomb racks modeled but it doesn't effect performance.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Just to finish off with my last post regarding this.

It was a long time ago I commented & tested on the bomb rack issue, my memories were that the racks made little or no difference, its possible I was thinking about the A8 A9 bomb racks not being modelled to cause performance drop, and after such a long time forgot the early A's were affected.

The fact that the rest of the Antons performance was negligible with racks bombs didn't ring alarm bells that it is a serious problem when you add in other factors to the aircraft's role.

Have fun
Old 04-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Just to finish off with my last post regarding this.

It was a long time ago I commented & tested on the bomb rack issue, my memories were that the racks made little or no difference, its possible I was thinking about the A8 A9 bomb racks not being modelled to cause performance drop, and after such a long time forgot the early A's were affected.

The fact that the rest of the Antons performance was negligible with racks bombs didn't ring alarm bells that it is a serious problem when you add in other factors to the aircraft's role.

Have fun
It's kind of funny because I mentioned that you might be confused by the fact the later Antons don't have the problem several posts ago. I appreciate you taking the time to actually read my post before commenting but hey it's common in Forums.

Meanwhile it makes a huge difference in terms of selecting the earlier Antons as 10-20 Kmh can mean the difference between getting shot down if you happend to get caught during a Jabo mission.

It makes the option of removing the outter guns virtually worthless as noted by several others and myself in this thread.

It would have been nice to see them fix the problems with the Antons. Not to mention the really cool fuel leak problem. It's my favorite!
Old 04-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Approved Member

Tx a lot Cpt, i will take care of bomb racks after that.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

The issue about bomb racks were raised before somewhere. If I recall correctly, bomb racks affect performance only if you have chosen a bomb in weapon configuration; if you have not chosen a bomb, then racks will be only a visual feature without any drag - it is kinda a flaw of FW's 3D model.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaltysZ View Post
The issue about bomb racks were raised before somewhere. If I recall correctly, bomb racks affect performance only if you have chosen a bomb in weapon configuration; if you have not chosen a bomb, then racks will be only a visual feature without any drag - it is kinda a flaw of FW's 3D model.

Actually page 2 of this thread has 5 postings about it in detail. I will post it again for the 6th time.

Bomb racks whether taking a bomb or a weapons loadout on the A4-A6 series affects performance period.

The A8 and A9 series it makes no difference at all. Drop your bomb and you're flying what they have as a "clean" configuration.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG27CaptStubing View Post
The A8 and A9 series it makes no difference at all. Drop your bomb and you're flying what they have as a "clean" configuration.
Or with other words: the A8 and A9 always have the bomb rack attached, visual and performance wise Some kind of a "half full - half empty" thing.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

That's correct. We will always have the Bomb rack on the later models and they don't effect performance.