Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Approved Member

They have a new downloader which I THINK will continue if the connection is interrupted. I haven't had a problem before...

Paying by credit card, the wait is maybe 1 minute. I literally paid and then started downloading their installer.

I don't think you can use download managers or anything. Gamersgate have their own installer and you will also need to install Microsoft .net 2.0 framework. It's a small pain in the ass to download but I got my first game from Gamersgate about 18 months ago (UFO: Extraterrestrials) and I've had no problems with them over three game downloads (four now). You can even download the game later if you need to.

I know it's sad to pay 'full price' for a download only edition, but for me in Australia it is much cheaper this way. My option was to pay $50 Aus from Gamersgate or about TWICE the price for an import from New Zealand from the US.

It's either that or wait for 1C to get their act together with a boxed edition.

You could be waiting MONTHS.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Approved Member

I'll buy the e-version and when the box will be available i'll buy that too , good stuff is hard to find so who cares if i pay double ( i dont smoke , and i dont drink .... more money for games ! )
Old 09-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibster View Post
I'll buy the e-version and when the box will be available i'll buy that too , good stuff is hard to find so who cares if i pay double ( i dont smoke , and i dont drink .... more money for games ! )
I have already ordered my Box from amazon (as a backup).

Last edited by Spiralkill; 09-23-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralkill View Post
U dont need to call the bank u need to call the credit card company. aftter u make a paypal acount they charge u 2$ once these 2 $ are confirmed (the reason u have to call the credit card company)your acount is activated and u get the 2$ back.
The point is the reason i might need to use paypal is because of my card, but if i have to go out and contact some people to do this and that.. i might as well just get a new card and just let it be over with.

Besides i don't want to end up in a new system just for the sake of one game.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

Can anyone confirm than the e-version can be bought on GamersGate if you live in Europe ?
Old 09-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

It should be, my only problem is my card nothing much else... Otherwise.. notice the Euros shown as prices ? Should be easy to figure out that it is a european service
Old 09-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

So is GamersGate in Europe or us ? also is it only download or also physical delivery
Old 09-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

It's european and it is digital download.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunstner View Post
So is GamersGate in Europe or us ? also is it only download or also physical delivery
I think they are based in Sweden. There are no restrictions on who they can sell to, at least not for King's Bounty. You only get the download (no box) but you can redownload anytime you like. The games are stored in your account so it's very simple. I bought UFO: Extraterrestrials from them 18 months ago and all I would need to do is hit a big blue download button to d/l it again.

It's not a boxed copy but it's the next best thing.

BTW I am up to 19% now. I think it'd be quicker to fly to the US, get the game and fly back.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Approved Member

The strange thing about Gamersgate is that the exact same page shows the price of the game as $39,99 for Americans and 39,99 EUR for Europeans.