Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

had a guy in an Arado ram me repeatedly the other night in Strike while flying a B17... can't remember who it was though....
Old 02-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

I was in a capture the airfield match, it was 3 on 2 in favour of the other team in a 20 minute match. three minutes into the match my "wingman" (who kept getting shot down because he was in a heinkel he-111). It ended up being 3 on 1 and i was in a spitfire MK II. I lost the airfield (to be honest i never did get it) but i made it my mission (after an attempt to lure the three planes awa from the airfield and make a break for the field because they were in much slower planes) that i would just fight till' the end. I ende up getting shot down 3 times and getting 20 something kills. I crashed a few times (accedent :'( ) but other then that flew well. It was under realistic and the other planes were an IL-2M a I-153 (little bugger) and a P-51B (who kept landing at the airfield. I ended up getting the MK-XIV out of it and used it for the first time in the next match which was the same thing in arcade though...even the whole 3 on 1 thing.

Anyway the quitters were: the gamertag had Apple Jacks in it. And he's like a 5 year old, hard to miss. The other was Venom something. (Sorry i'm bad with GT's.)
Old 02-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by siteseeker View Post
this is really getting on my nerves... not so much players who quit in the middle of a game... but someone who hosts and is doing well and all of a sudden quits... screwing everyone playing that game. do the kills you make during such a game count??

really got to me last night in a 30 minute CTA game with 5 per team... 3 quit and left me and another NOOB as food for the lions
yup, this is definitely annoying. just this morning i was handing 2 bomber pilots their rear ends, flying a 109 k-4 in a strike match, when the host (one of those bombers) ended the game. i think of myself as a fairly new player, so it felt good to finally be on the delivering end of the spanking, because i have been on the receiving end many times to the likes of RATTMAN, olife, Cranny, etc. but stayed through the entire battle... hey, chalk it up to a flight lesson from the best in the game!
Old 02-04-2010, 12:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goalie_94 View Post
I was in a capture the airfield match, it was 3 on 2 in favour of the other team in a 20 minute match. three minutes into the match my "wingman" (who kept getting shot down because he was in a heinkel he-111). It ended up being 3 on 1 and i was in a spitfire MK II. I lost the airfield (to be honest i never did get it) but i made it my mission (after an attempt to lure the three planes awa from the airfield and make a break for the field because they were in much slower planes) that i would just fight till' the end. I ende up getting shot down 3 times and getting 20 something kills. I crashed a few times (accedent :'( ) but other then that flew well. It was under realistic and the other planes were an IL-2M a I-153 (little bugger) and a P-51B (who kept landing at the airfield. I ended up getting the MK-XIV out of it and used it for the first time in the next match which was the same thing in arcade though...even the whole 3 on 1 thing.

Anyway the quitters were: the gamertag had Apple Jacks in it. And he's like a 5 year old, hard to miss. The other was Venom something. (Sorry i'm bad with GT's.)
You shouldn't really name names anyway. You also can't know exactly why they quit, could easily have got disconnected.

And about that I-153. Could possibly have been flown by the same person (that I wont name) that I flew against in CTA a couple of days ago. I got to tell you I was THAT CLOSE to quitting the game thanks to him. Kamakizing and cheap unlimited bombing nonstop and only 5 sec re spawn. In realistic mode that plane,flown like that, with those game selections, just breaks CTA games and is absolutely no fun for the players on the other side.

I-153 + CTA = CHEAP

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 02-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuklhed808 View Post
yup, this is definitely annoying. just this morning i was handing 2 bomber pilots their rear ends, flying a 109 k-4 in a strike match, when the host (one of those bombers) ended the game. i think of myself as a fairly new player, so it felt good to finally be on the delivering end of the spanking, because i have been on the receiving end many times to the likes of RATTMAN, olife, Cranny, etc. but stayed through the entire battle... hey, chalk it up to a flight lesson from the best in the game!
i know the feeling
Old 02-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

Definitely annoying.
Thanking the desaparecidos i happened to end up an attack missions alone with a H111 against 3 or 4 Spitfires .. But winning! Great satisfaction ... If i lose, i learn the lesson, i'm not leaving..
Old 02-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemeyer78 View Post
Definitely annoying.
Thanking the desaparecidos i happened to end up an attack missions alone with a H111 against 3 or 4 Spitfires .. But winning! Great satisfaction ... If i lose, i learn the lesson, i'm not leaving..
know what you mean... i've lost countless times... but i don't quit.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemeyer78 View Post
Definitely annoying.
In situations like that I find stealth a great help. Hide in the skies, way above then drop in directly over targets! You can get high enough to not even be on their radar and go over the top. About 20,000ft difference is needed so if they're at 5 you have to be at 25. Admittedly the target site wont come in till about 14,000ft but it'll give you enough time for two full drops. Pre-patch I would do it especially in the sciliy coast as you could clear 1200 points in a single run from above!!
Old 02-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Approved Member

I'm annoyed by anyone who quits for no good reason, host or not. If there's many players, you can't tell if they quit on purpose or not. But usually when I start a 1-on-1 fight against a new opponent, it turns out they have all the bad habits they learned in free-for-all: flying too slow, flat on the ground, and without a good sense of maneuvering in 3-d. And they quit when they get destroyed. I used to cut people slack, but now all I do is fly to high altitude so they can see me immediately when they respawn.

The way I see it, if you can't stand being schooled, you'll never learn anything.

But there are good reasons for quitting, on rare occasions I've pulled the plug for:

) blatant or repeated kamikaze in strike and airfields
) ramming bombers deliberately (as opposed to misjudging distance in a weave or bnz strafing pass, which is more effective when close)
) player disconnects that leave the sides too unbalanced
Old 02-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuklhed808 View Post
hello
u are a very good meaning,and with the practice u will win a lot of games i m sure.
good hunting