Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:50 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
Again you've twisted everything the developer is trying to do or has not completed yet negatively. The new graphic engine is still in beta stage and the final has yet to be released. I assume when the graphic rewrite has been finalized Nvidia can optimize their drivers to help SLI perform better in COD.
Ah yes of course, I thought it was me who was twisting things regarding SLI. sorry folks.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Ah yes of course, I thought it was me who was twisting things regarding SLI. sorry folks.
So your suggesting that a rewrite of a major part of the game engine would have no effect on the implementation of SLI, or the driver optimizations Nvidia would have to write. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, just trying to learn more about the implementation of SLI.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 09-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
So your suggesting that a rewrite of a major part of the game engine would have no effect on the implementation of SLI, or the driver optimizations Nvidia would have to write. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, just trying to learn more about the implementation of SLI.
Well I dont think it would have any effect, maybe if more content was being added to the game, but in CLOD's case the game is being stripped to the bare bones to try and get it running. The point I am making is that Luthier as been telling us for the last 30 months that SLI works, the only thing stopping it working is outside parties, for example, ubisoft with the epilepsy filter, now its Nvidia, 8 months ago Luthier stated that the next Nvidia driver would have a CLOD profile, this was completely incorrect. In truth you shouldn't need to have a Nvidia profile to make it work, If the game supports SLI you can make one yourself as is the case with IL2FB, with CLOD you can also do this but the gains are minimal which suggests that the problem is with the game itself. Anyhow it looks like they may now be finally addressing it and hopefully this time SLI users will finally get some benefit from their hardware.

Last edited by Tree_UK; 09-13-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Approved Member

Fixing C.o.D. doesn't seem any longer to be their no 1 priority, Luthier I think it was in one of his statements said that the majority of the team are working on the sequel. That being the case I think we won't see any improvement in the Sli/Crossfire problem that was promised until the sequel is just about done, which means no Sli/Crossfire until the new graphics engine is ready, or they could release the current one to Nvidia/ AMD for Sli/Crossfire support if the sequel is going to be possibly 12 months away. Maybe then let any further development come with the sequel.

The other thing to remember is this poll only reflects the votes of registered members of this forum, what about Sli/Crossfire users that are on other forums that aren't members here. Near 30% users is a large count and others may go multi card if the support was here, it certainly has its advantages. I ceryainly wouldn't build any system now without a multi card support m/b.

Asus M4N98TD-EVO
AMD Phenom2 965 x 4 3.4gig
8gig DDR3 Ram
2x GTS 450 Sli (1gig each)
1Tb HDD Partitioned x 5
700w Coolermaster single rail P/S 52a
Windows 7 64bit
19" Samsung 931BW monitor
1280 x 960 Resolution

Last edited by RickRuski; 09-14-2012 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Additional paragraph