Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
Will people 'still' be whingeing is the real question, what I really don't get is all the folks whingeing and claiming COD is a 'dead duck' yet they are still here, for some reason they just can't leave and move on with their lives like jilted boyfriends crying in the street.
I get what you are saying but answer this question:

Do you want to live in a future where game developers can get away with selling unfinished products to customers safe in the knowledge that they will just stop whinging and go away?

The more likely scenario is that you will end up in a future of Modern Warfare 26 (Now with bushes a slightly different shade of green! Bullets as DLC for £25!).... or no game industry at all.

If CloD isn't fixed soon then 1C, as a company, will seriously start to feel the pain... I'm not the only one who is now avoiding anything with the 1C logo on it! Muck spreads and tends to stick too...

Last edited by Volksieg; 06-22-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Will people 'still' be whingeing is the real question, what I really don't get is all the folks whingeing and claiming COD is a 'dead duck' yet they are still here, for some reason they just can't leave and move on with their lives like jilted boyfriends crying in the street.
I think, because we paid for it. If you are glad giving your money for nothing, good for you.

And I think that ALL we are posting here wants the game works fine and become in the best simulator in history, but no for that we will not complain when things do not go as they promised.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
^^^^
So very true.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catito14 View Post
I think, because we paid for it. If you are glad giving your money for nothing, good for you.
I paid for Wings of Puke. It sucked. I removed it from my computer. I didn't spend the next year complaining on their forum. I have some dignity.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
I paid for Wings of Puke. It sucked. I removed it from my computer.
However, did it work as it said on the box, or was it a WIP and (a public/open) beta for a future game?

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 06-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

RAh.... marvellous ... i miss you fanboy
Old 06-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksieg View Post
I get what you are saying but answer this question:

Do you want to live in a future where game developers can get away with selling unfinished products to customers safe in the knowledge that they will just stop whinging and go away?

The more likely scenario is that you will end up in a future of Modern Warfare 26 (Now with bushes a slightly different shade of green! Bullets as DLC for £25!).... or no game industry at all.

If CloD isn't fixed soon then 1C, as a company, will seriously start to feel the pain... I'm not the only one who is now avoiding anything with the 1C logo on it! Muck spreads and tends to stick too...

Do you really think the whingeing on this forum is actually doing anything usefull? it just fills the forum with sensless rubbish and makes it an unpleasant place for everyone, I can tell you that what we have with 1C is one of the only devfelopers still bothered to make anything resembling a flight simulator and it is peoples 'impatience' and sense of entitlement that forces the gaming industry down the path of console games and we will just end up with 'grand theft aero'

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 06-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristorf View Post
However, did it work as it said on the box, or was it a WIP and (a public/open) beta for a future game?
It sucked so bad that I didn't play it long enough to find all the annoying bugs.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
'grand theft aero'
LOL! Lets hope not!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Do you really think the whingeing on this forum is actually doing anything usefull? it just fills the forum with sensless rubbish and makes it an unpleasant place for everyone, I can tell you that what we have with 1C is one of the only devfelopers still bothered to make anything resembling a flight simulator and it is peoples 'impatience' and sense of entitlement that forces the gaming industry down the path of console games and we will just end up with 'grand theft aero'
LOL at 'Grand Theft Aero'

I do understand where you are coming from but, if nothing else, this forum can act as a warning to other curious people who consider spending money on Cliffs of Dover... meanwhile they can then hop over to the 1946 forum and be enticed by the best simulator to ever grace the market.

As I have said elsewhere... I WANT this to succeed, not only so I get my money's worth but, as you rightly point out, for the sake of the simming hobby itself but...

...Release a faulty product and then irritate the community with badly handled PR and reap the whirlwind!

The best that could come out of this is everyone gets a learning experience.