Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:59 AM
Registered Member

Arian can be found in Shettera. His house is north of Entrance to the Village. Though you should head to Hephaestus first to receive the quest "Deliver Arian's Order" before you can meet Arian.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Approved Member

Just wanted to thank Hunkie for posting the upgrade list!
I've really wanted demonologists, but was unable to find any in either this game, or my previous one, so it's awesome info that I can upgrade them from arch mages! Will try this asap and have some fun with them + demons
________
Mexico City Hotels

Last edited by Swindley; 03-20-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkie View Post
Guardman > Knight/Horseman/Paladin
I've raised my trainable troop level to the maximum, but I still can't train guardsmen into anything. Is there something else you need to do in order to train them? Can someone confirm that guardsmen can indeed be trained?

And where, by the way, is this battle_akademy.lua file located? Can't find it anywhere...
Old 09-28-2010, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah View Post
I've raised my trainable troop level to the maximum, but I still can't train guardsmen into anything. Is there something else you need to do in order to train them? Can someone confirm that guardsmen can indeed be trained?

And where, by the way, is this battle_akademy.lua file located? Can't find it anywhere...
I've noticed that the Officer's Patent seems to change its name as you go to different academies. Maybe it is possible you can only do the better upgrades after you have visited the later academies or ONLY at the later academies.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Approved Member

Looks like it simply requires a boatload of trophies to train them. After reducing my guardsmen stack to about 30, I was able to train them into horsemen, which reduced my trophies by about 5000.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah View Post
Looks like it simply requires a boatload of trophies to train them. After reducing my guardsmen stack to about 30, I was able to train them into horsemen, which reduced my trophies by about 5000.
Ouch. Thanks for the info. I will keep it in mind. Seems like this is more useful as a one-off filler or for an early advantage on certain maps.

Seems expensive!

I certainly need more orc chieftains (thinking about getting them into my army) but I did not realize I could use orc veterans for that purpose.

Also, usually trolls are in low supply, but this helps fix that problem.

The new strategies we can employ in March Of the Orcs is really incredible. They managed to do it again! ;0
Old 09-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

But I still don't know how much trophies you get per battle or ways to get more(or is it a fixed number?)

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiece View Post
But I still don't know how much trophies you get per battle or ways to get more(or is it a fixed number?)
We do not the formula of trophies amount yet. I'll try to ask the devs.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
Ouch. Thanks for the info. I will keep it in mind. Seems like this is more useful as a one-off filler or for an early advantage on certain maps.

Seems expensive!
Yeah - too expensive to be really worth it, IMO. Might be useful if you badly need a certain unit type that isn't available anywhere for some specific individual battle, but at least for me, the amount of trophies required is too high for using this method to regularly reinforce a stack. Not to mention that you can't have any other regalia item equipped if you want to keep accumulating trophies.

I think it would be better if you only needed trophies for raising the level of upgradable troops and opening other races for upgrading, and the upgrades themselves were paid entirely in gold. That way, you could keep the patent equipped until you've raised troop level to the maximum and "unlocked" the races you might want to upgrade (at least on Normal difficulty, it's taken me quite a bit of time to get that far, even with the patent equipped from day 1) and then use the regalia slot for something else.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Approved Member

Repair Droid -> Guard Droid