Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharveL View Post
Omg lol you really are thick aren't you?

read this carefully:

OF COURSE THERE IS NO PROOF YA NIMROD!
So is that your confession that you dont have scientific proof of angles and demons and the great OZ!!

You apparently cant read an entire post or just have very short term memory so I'll say for you one more time.. I NEVER said that UFO's were 100% real I stated many times the level of evidence is overwhelming. If you would ever research something you may learn something someday. NIMROD
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 08-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool61 View Post
So is that your confession that you dont have scientific proof of angles and demons and the great OZ!!

You apparently cant read an entire post or just have very short term memory so I'll say for you one more time.. I NEVER said that UFO's were 100% real I stated many times the level of evidence is overwhelming. If you would ever research something you may learn something someday. NIMROD
I rest my case.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
"Chances are huge. Same for "god" or however you call it" IF your actually a scientist as you claim you would never make an irrational claim like this. It goes against all scientific reasoning. What hypothesis did you use to come to this conclusion? "god" is based on mans ancient belief that something created us thats supernatural. There has never been and never will be any scientific data/information to even hint that this is possible. the whole concept requires irrational thought. In this day and age that someone would believe the writings from the bronze age where people who made up these types of stories thought that the earth was flat and and was the center of the universe is just crazy.
Actually your reasoning is quite unscientific.
A priori excluding, even to you, irrational explanations is opposite to sound scientific practice.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
Actually your reasoning is quite unscientific.
A priori excluding, even to you, irrational explanations is opposite to sound scientific practice.
Can someone translate this into English please.
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 08-18-2011, 11:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Can someone translate this into English please.
As I have previously emphasised, all belief systems rely on the absence of incontestable proof.

Were truth to be incontestably established, any passionate rhetoric and/or dialectic would ipso facto be rendered superfluous.

As truth cannot be ascertained within belief systems, all belief systems render themselves self perpetuating due to both their protagonist's and antagonist's continual and often passionate reaffirmation of the unknowable.

However; Sentient life and/or existence would not be possible were it not for belief systems in themselves, as proposed by Immanuel Kant in his 'Critique of Pure Reason' wherein it is mooted that the a priori continuum of a particle from second to second is essential for survival of cognizance, often described by the ludicrously simplistic 'tree in a forest' analogy.

Last edited by Mr Logic; 08-19-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Illogic
Old 08-18-2011, 11:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Logic View Post
As I have previously emphasised, all belief systems rely on the absence of incontestable proof.

Were truth to be incontestably established, any passionate rhetoric and/or dialectic would ipso facto render itself superfluous.

As truth cannot be ascertained within belief systems, all belief systems render themselves self perpetuating due to both their protagonist's and antagonist's continual and often passionate reaffirmation of the unknowable.

However, sentient life and/or existence would not be possible were it not for belief systems in themselves, as proposed by Immanuel Kant in his 'Critique of Pure Reason' wherein it is mooted that the a priori continuum of a particle from second to second is essential for survival of cognizance, often described by the ludicrously simplistic 'tree in a forest' analogy.
Wow you must have had to do a lot of acid to come up with that.
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 08-19-2011, 12:16 AM
Approved Member

Or a sound understanding of critical reasoning.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Wow you must have had to do a lot of acid to come up with that.
Your statement is is erroneous on a number of counts.

I was not forced or obliged to emit low pH number solutions from any orifice.

Nor would such emanations lead to thought provoking circumstances.

I would suggest you consult the 'world wide web' on the philosophical works of the aformentioned Mr. Kant.

Last edited by Mr Logic; 08-19-2011 at 12:31 AM. Reason: illogic
Old 08-19-2011, 01:16 AM
Approved Member

Life (whatever its base) will exist wherever conditions are right for it to do so
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Rider View Post
Life (whatever its base) will exist wherever conditions are right for it to do so
I fail to see how you would back up this hypothesis with sound empirical data, given that the number of locations at which you would conduct research is one.

Therefore your statement is one of belief. See above.