Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

Not sure if that's been asked already, but did you delete all the config, catch etc. files from the Documents\1C SoftClub\ folder?

I tested it again yesterday, just to check if i was also experiencing input lag, but i have absolutely no lag at all. But i'm always a bit suspicious when i see all those catch files that CloD is creating. I think they do more harm than good over the long run, so i delete them regularly, especially after a few days ago, i got weird stutters and solved them just by deleting the cache.

If you're using the Saitek software (i'm not familiar with that), could it be that it has different profiles for different games?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandre81 View Post
This is the only joystick I have.
The logo thing does nothing for the input delay. I have had it deleted before and not with same result.
And it's not graphical. It is delay. From when firing guns to move the axis. Half a second.
When I press the keyboard I get immediate respons like it should.
Is there lag in the Windows Device properties window for the stick while the game is running? i.e. is it ok in Windows and lag actually happens in the game or does the game cause a lag in Windows?

EDIT:

If its only in the game is there a delay on both the IN and OUT indicators on the screen KG26_Alpha posted before or just the OUT?

EDIT2:

You may have stumbled onto something. You get immediate response from keyboard inputs. I wouldn't have keys assigned to controls where I use an Axis in case of conflicts. Delete the key settings.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders

Last edited by klem; 11-16-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Approved Member

In Nvidia Control Panel, there is an option may called "Prerendered Frames" you could set from 1 to 8. Reducing rate to 1 was helpful to get rid of input delay. I don't know if the same option is available in ATI CCC.
Updating or choosing the right driver for your soundcard may help also.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

Default Re:

Just to clarify; I have zero input delay on my other games: Rise of flight, Falcon BMS and Enemy Engaged plus numerous other games / sims where I use the joystick. There are no input delay in windows either as I have calibrated the joystick both with the generic windows driver and a native driver from Saitek.

The delay is visible both in the out and in bar of il2 cliffs of dover.
Its about half a second delay.

The issue is from this information something to do with il2 cliffs of dover. Either it don't like the joystick or some of my hardware.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandre81 View Post
Just to clarify; I have zero input delay on my other games: Rise of flight, Falcon BMS and Enemy Engaged plus numerous other games / sims where I use the joystick. There are no input delay in windows either as I have calibrated the joystick both with the generic windows driver and a native driver from Saitek.

The delay is visible both in the out and in bar of il2 cliffs of dover.
Its about half a second delay.

The issue is from this information something to do with il2 cliffs of dover. Either it don't like the joystick or some of my hardware.
I understand that tomandre, I'm trying to chase down the possible cause.

When you said there's no delay in Windows is that also when the game is running? You were not clear on that. Also, have you tried deleting the CoD control surface key mappings?

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 11-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

I sympathise with anyone experiencing 'input lag'. I had the same problem when I first installed CloD with a lag of around 0.5 sec using a X52. The problem disappeared but I cannot say exactly which of the changes I made during the early days of tweaking and making changes corrected the problem.

Since release, I have re-installed CloD, upgraded my GFX card to Nvidea 2GB, changed the OS to win7, reduced my screen res (as my nicest monitor is only 1024 x 768 native), reinstalled Microsoft Framework Net4/ MS Visual C++ (2008 and 2010 versions) and have no other programs running in the background other than Freetrack/teamspeak. Windows desktop is basic with aero disabled and dpi set to 96.

Somewhere in those changes the lag issue improved and eventually corrected despite the fact only CloD suffered this problem.

I wouldn't give up, your system is far better than mine but it is annoying - best of luck.

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Approved Member

A further thought, is your joystick connected directly to your PC or a USB hub? Hubs can cause problems.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Approved Member

Default Re:

Directly into my usb port in pc. No hub.

I haven't checked if it is delay in windows while I have il2 clod running.
Need to check that.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Approved Member

You nice?
Old 12-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

Default Latest patch

Dear All,
Would someone please let me know if there is any possibility that the latest CLoD patch will run on XP64 or will I have to upgrade to Windows 7 to make it work? I just wondered if there was any tweak that would do the trick until I do upgrade........there is nothing worse than having a game that one is desperate to play that will not work. The old patch still does work but I cannot play online with it.
Best regards,
Pike.