Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Approved Member

Warthog modification to reduce spring pressure:

Old 07-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Septic View Post
........ I would prefer some aileron trim on the Spits and others ...maybe with the option to turn it on or off so some won't whine because It ain't realistic... I do get tired of holding my stick to one side for hours... Skaaaarew realism there......... save my wrist!!!!

Not to argue with your suggestion at all but you might benefit from looking into the modification on your stick to reduce that spring pressure. I've done it as I'm ancient and have arthritis now and it makes the Wharthog a joy to use for me. A Youtube search will reveal instructions and it's fairly safe in terms of warranty.

Cheers.
Oh No! Next they would be wanting rudder trim on the 109's!! Inconceivable!!!!!!

All joking aside, as long as it's server controllable, I don't see any problem with it. It would be just like any of the other realism options.

Cheers!
Old 07-20-2012, 01:47 AM
Approved Member

Whenever I go to pilot customizing and try customizing my pilot I get a CTD with the error saying windows is low on memory. I have noticed this happens with any version I run.

I rarely get CTD during game play only when I try customizing my pilot.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseispcc View Post
The last more ground detail I am not happy with the little bubble problem the fact that trees do appear and disappear after your plane makes England look like the south plains of the Soviet Union. But without trees. I like to fly at low level where all fights ends and by the way all flight begins and ends!

Look at this picture and judge by yourself;

but before the last patch;
from what version is the second pic??the colours,....i had forgotten that they were better as well a couple of patches ago(at least in my view).
the shadows below the clouds on terrain are sweet as well...
Old 07-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
from what version is the second pic??the colours,....i had forgotten that they were better as well a couple of patches ago(at least in my view).
The second picture is from the first official patch...
Old 07-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Approved Member

Is everyone still getting the pre-started engine and steaming radiator issue with the Spit 1a in Quick Missions witht the latest Beta patch?
Old 07-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo65 View Post
Is everyone still getting the pre-started engine and steaming radiator issue with the Spit 1a in Quick Missions witht the latest Beta patch?
If you do not wait until the water is at 99 and do not over ref your engine it shall never happens.

Last edited by senseispcc; 07-23-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Oh No! Next they would be wanting rudder trim on the 109's!! Inconceivable!!!!!!

All joking aside, as long as it's server controllable, I don't see any problem with it. It would be just like any of the other realism options.

Cheers!
Ha Ha!! I am ok with all the other realism settings... This is the only one I would like an independent option on... But I am looking at the Stick adjustment instead. I really don't think trim for the spit would ever be implemented... I was just daydreaming about a nice to have IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
Have you tried setting boost and rpm for a cruise that does not require aileron trim?
Ummm nope haven't tried that... I will give it a look as well... Thanks!

QUOTE=ATAG_Snapper;446604]Warthog modification to reduce spring pressure:

[/QUOTE]

Hey Thanks for this tip... although I am reluctant to modify my Warthog... I will check into this... Problem is ..this is not the only Sim I fly. But thanks again to all who replied.

Last edited by MegOhm; 07-23-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Approved Member

No prob. Fortunately, it's completely reversable if you ever have warranty issues or wish to sell your Warthog HOTAS someday. Some may feel that the Warthog stick is too easy to move after this, but you can stack washers under the smaller auxiliary springs to stiffen it back up a bit. I didn't bother, and I do find that I have finer control of my Warthog stick for precision aiming.

Ideally, I'd rather have an extension on the stick which would give greater leverage against the stock mainspring, and greater throw distance for precise control.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
Unfortunately some apes got together and moaned for months about the green until they changed it, and as you said its looked great with shadows so when we finally get overcast clouds etc its going to be too dark... don't you just love this "community".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.