Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 12:40 AM
Approved Member

Most of these proposals comes from RoF.

Type of improvement : Views

Explanation of proposals :
- add a free view controllable with mouse and keyboard
- add a bomb view that follows the bombs
- disable TIR in external view or at least give the possibility to do it. Shift+Mouse moves the rotation center of the camera.

Benefits :
2 first proposals : give more possibilities to explore world and see what happens everywhere at any moment. And of course allow to make better screen and video
last proposal : better screen and video. ATM, controlling the external view is boring and not precise at all and it has no benefits.

================================================== =======

Type of improvement : GUI

create a shortcut to hide HUD

Benefits :
better screen and video

================================================== =======

Type of improvement : animations

create an interpolation system for animation frames to avoid that laggy thing we have for every moving pieces of the game

Benefits : better looking animations
Old 08-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Approved Member

Type of improvement : Post processing

- Add filters for people to adjust post-processing to their liking, to preset options
This could perhaps include colour tones so you could have 'washed out' or 'war film' and 'high saturation' RO2 does something similar allowing large or less amounts of processing to make the video look different and have different colour tones.

Benefits :
-Allow film makers to use different effects in game
-Stop people whining about how the colours aren't to their liking- they can change between saturation levels.

Possible Problems:
Making sure visibility is equal on multiplayer level. Fix- Server forcing certain mode?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:51 AM
Approved Member

Type of improvement:
Interface

Explanation of proposals:
Enable touchscreen solutions to work with Cliffs of Dover. The Wiimote Touchscreen solution:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29178
Easy to setup, works great in Windows, and in CloD menus, but not in flight as the cursor bounces around randomly. Problem explained in more detail here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=33644

Benefits:
To have a truly "clickable cockpit". As you can see in the Black Shark vid in the first thread above, the interface is really intuitive and easy to use.
AMD 1055T Hexacore@3,4GHz - 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 - ATI 6950 2GB, flashed to 6970 shaders - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - 30" LG W3000H (2560x1600) - TM Warthog Stick + Cougar Throttle - wooden DIY pedals with Hall sensor - FreeTrack
Old 09-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

Question:

Will the final patch support dirextx9?
We were told that the betapathches would not.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Approved Member

Type of improvement:

Bring back the "golden hour". Bring back the original beautiful sun sets and sun rises.

In photography, the golden hour (sometimes known as magic hour) is the first and last hour of sunlight during the day,[1] when a specific photographic effect is achieved due to the quality of the light.

Typically, lighting is softer (more diffuse) and warmer in hue, and shadows are longer. When the sun is near the horizon, sunlight travels through more of the atmosphere, reducing the intensity of the direct light, so that more of the illumination comes from indirect light from the sky, reducing the lighting ratio. More blue light is scattered, so that light from the sun appears more reddish. In addition, the sun's small angle with the horizon produces longer shadows.

Since you are working on a new graphics engine please bring back the beautiful natural colors of the sunset and sunrise present when the game was released.

Benefits:

The game would look a lot more natural and beautiful and would make the flying during that time of day a beautiful experience again.

Few examples:

Thank you.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit
Old 09-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

Q: Are you aware of the fact that the Speed Gauges in almost every planes indicate 5% - 15% too slow speed?

I´ve been doing some tests for navigation. Basically I wanted to figure out the time I have to fly for a certain distance.

So I did this test in FMB (no wind, 100 meters hight):

Time: 3 minutes (0.05h)
Speed: 250 Km/h IAS
(on this low alt and speed TAS/IAS shouldn´t make a big difference on a regular day I suppose)

So after the math is done (250km/h x 0.05h) the flown distance should be exactely 12.5 Km

I did the test several times with several axis planes and everytime the actual flown distance is 14,5 Km (that indicates a speed of somewhere around 285 Km/h).

Tests from other players had been done and the result is that speed gauge from Spit indicates even 15% too slow speed and Me109 about 5% too slow speed.

-> If a Spit and a Me109 fly at the exact same (indicated!) speed, say 250Km/h, they don't fly the same distance in the same time!!

See full thread here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=34449
Old 09-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

Type of improvement:
Benefits:

Please use the format above to ask/request 1C Team, I have helped you a little please fill out the rest.

My English is very poor, so, I will be short:

I would like in order of priority:
Type of improvement:
-real GB meteo with rain, overcast of clouds, smog.....without low fps

-slipstream of planes like in Condor Sim

-cinecamera with on/off button

-orographic's turbulence (and the others) like in Condor Sim

-a most important engine effect (gyroscopic)
Benefits:
I think Cod is a very good sim which is fun to play when we have a good pc (personal pc: i5 760, gtx 460 1go, 4go ddr3, seven ultimate, medion 23', ffb2, saitek rudder and quadrant, FaceTrackNoIr).
I'm sure the next patch will correct all stability problems.
So, I hope the dealer of the sequel will offer a reduction to customers who bought the game the hight price.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 09-20-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Approved Member

Type of improvement:

Quick mission Builder improvement.

I would like an improvement with the Quick Mission Builder, at the moment I don't find this very helpful to have a change of mission.

Benefits:

A lot of us are mainly off line users, could we have a similar QMB to what was availabe in the early IL-2 series so that we could change variables with the mission more quickly. (don't expect this in C.o.D. now but would like it to be considered for the next phase e.g. BoM).

Asus M4N98TD-EVO
AMD Phenom2 965 x 4 3.4gig
8gig DDR3 Ram
2x GTS 450 Sli (1gig each)
1Tb HDD Partitioned x 5
700w Coolermaster single rail P/S 52a
Windows 7 64bit
19" Samsung 931BW monitor
1280 x 960 Resolution

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 09-22-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:51 AM
Approved Member

Type of improvement: rewrite game engine in C++ and 64bit
Explanation of proposals:C++ and 64bit will allow full utilization of current CPU and memory architecture and capacity .
Benefits:
performance,Stability,potability and expandable for future engine use
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 09-22-2012, 06:39 AM
Approved Member

Talking This please! And working lights...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen View Post
Type of improvement: Rearm, Refuel, Repair functions.

Explanation of proposals: Release script functions to rearm, refuel and repair objects during mission. Bind functions to objects.
An object stationary/chief can repair/refuel/rearm another stationary/chief object. Give the possibility to start an action (refuel,repair,rearm) by trigger (waypoint,distance,time,tab menu,...).

Benefits: These functions would be very usefull for a ext. resource system for longtime missions and campaigns.
I'm thinkin of fueltrucks driving empty to the station where a fueltrain just arrived and then loaded, back to the airports fueldepot. Not to speak of the possibillity, after you spit out your last bullet in a fight, to be able to get back to your airfield, taxi to the hangars and rearm, refuel and maybe repair your crate and get up again.
Pretty Please!
Closed Thread