Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbop View Post
Agreed. Spits are badly underpowered now, especially the 2a which is no longer preferable to 1a. I couldn't catch a 110 today in a 2a and was easily outrunning red fighters in both E3 and E4 at every altitude.
I really dont get it. You guys got everything you wanted. Your planes turn better, dive better are almost as fast as the 109s with your 100 octane fuel. What else do you want? A Button "confirmed kill" maybe? Really start thinking about your skills instead of complaining and breaking the game with your whines.
The spits got better with every single patch. Even energylevels an allied pilot has to be plain stupid not to win the fight if the 109 doesnt run.
Its REALLY becoming annoying folks.

Winger

PS: Maybe the 110 had HUGE energyadvantage?
And btw. I at your place would rather ask to nerf the 110 instead of boosting allied fighters - especially when you already outrun german scouts with your UFO.

Last edited by Winger; 08-09-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

S!

Well, if they really would model the 100 octane Bf110 it would be faster than Spit at certain altitudes and definitely faster than Hurricane at ALL altitudes. If the "reds" now start crying about Bf110 deserving a nerf hammer then I have nothing to say. Really gets out of proportion and shows what you are looking for. Maybe instead we should wait a few more patches to see how the FM evolves as it has been stated by devs it is being worked on. IvanK and many others have provided data to devs and they for sure are working on it.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
I really dont get it. You guys got everything you wanted. Your planes turn better, dive better are almost as fast as the 109s with your 100 octane fuel. What else do you want? A Button "confirmed kill" maybe? Really start thinking about your skills instead of complaining and breaking the game with your whines.
The spits got better with every single patch. Even energylevels an allied pilot has to be plain stupid not to win the fight if the 109 doesnt run.
Its REALLY becoming annoying folks.

Winger

PS: Maybe the 110 had HUGE energyadvantage?
And btw. I at your place would rather ask to nerf the 110 instead of boosting allied fighters - especially when you already outrun german scouts with your UFO.
I thought about this a lot, whether you were being massively sarcastic or not, until I realised you were serious. That leads me to conclude that you must be a really bad pilot. I'm sorry, but what else can one draw from your comment? If you are getting shot down so easily in the current game then you must not know what you are doing.

But do not fear, our group has a Luftwaffe wing in JG26 where we have excellent pilots who will provide you with the basics you require. Just pop in at www.aircombatgroup.co.uk and have a chat, there are open forums, we can take it from there.

If you decide not to and prefer an argument, I don't. Instead I recommend you jump in any of the 100 octane types available to you and try to do all of the things that you are saying are possible. If you manage this, please tell the 'reds' how you managed it because none of us know.

Last edited by Osprey; 08-09-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
I thought about this a lot, whether you were being massively sarcastic or not, until I realised you were serious. That leads me to conclude that you must be a really bad pilot. I'm sorry, but what else can one draw from your comment? If you are getting shot down so easily in the current game then you must not know what you are doing.

But do not fear, our group has a Luftwaffe wing in JG26 where we have excellent pilots who will provide you with the basics you require. Just pop in at www.aircombatgroup.co.uk and have a chat, there are open forums, we can take it from there.

If you decide not to and prefer an argument, I don't. Instead I recommend you jump in any of the 100 octane types available to you and try to do all of the things that you are saying are possible. If you manage this, please tell the 'reds' how you managed it because none of us know.
+1 my god winger are you kidding

Last edited by JTDawg; 08-09-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

I am not saying that i get shot down easily. Sometimes i do. Surely i am not the best pilot there is.
I am just saying i am annoyed about RED side whining their planes better every patch.
And i ask again: What else do you need to be happy with RED planes performance? The logical consequence of what already happened planeperformancewise in the last patches only leaves one option: A button wich gives you a confirmed kill when you press it.
OK, now i repeaded myself enough

Winger
Old 08-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
I am not saying that i get shot down easily. Sometimes i do. Surely i am not the best pilot there is.
I am just saying i am annoyed about RED side whining their planes better every patch.
And i ask again: What else do you need to be happy with RED planes performance? The logical consequence of what already happened planeperformancewise in the last patches only leaves one option: A button wich gives you a confirmed kill when you press it.
OK, now i repeaded myself enough

Winger
You should look in some data sheeds for the Spit's before posting such nonsense. And fly and try them in Clod
Old 08-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

certainly the 109 is fast but last time I flew it was virtually impossible to do a half decent turn without stalling.

The spit on the other hand is slower bit it can turn much better.

I try not to get into these fm discussions as they are normally full of biased people, at the end of the day the current fm's are not good enough the 109 was better in bob FACT but not by a huge margin.

P.s. when are they going to fix the 109 revi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
certainly the 109 is fast but last time I flew it was virtually impossible to do a half decent turn without stalling.

I try not to get into these fm discussions as they are normally full of biased people, at the end of the day the current fm's are not good enough the 109 was better in bob FACT but not by a huge margin.

+1 I am saying nothing else. And not I am the whiner here. Dont forget that

Winger
Old 08-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post

+1 maybe you havn't flown RAF !! For those that do ,we understand , I would never say anything about the 109 fms = why becouse i don"t fly them !!! An as far as Raf whiners REALLY WE ASKED FOR THIS!! The RAF is so porked your lucky we all aren't flying blue. IMAGIN a sky without us some ai bombers to hone your skills up with! Sooner or later if they get the game right some of you so called aces will have to sharpen your tools again, an realize you just ain't that good! salute
Old 08-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

personally i've always fly with the 109
simply cause i love it
but the spitfire in its current state is a mesh......FACT