Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

Yep. No major bugs in my 360 version.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by House MD 221B View Post
with you 100% Daz, gutting
i thought you might
i know you loved playing the original as much as i did and you defended it as much as me that hurt the most i mean they lied about the game to the very ppl that brought the game on day of release and who had fought for its honor (sort of) and then to find out everything they had promised misled you in trailers and promo vids was lies !!

dont know about you but i felt a complete twonker afterwards

i dont really understand the whole flashpoint thing at all i mean codies other games are all great ???
Old 11-29-2009, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz1971 View Post
i thought you might
i know you loved playing the original as much as i did and you defended it as much as me that hurt the most i mean they lied about the game to the very ppl that brought the game on day of release and who had fought for its honor (sort of) and then to find out everything they had promised misled you in trailers and promo vids was lies !!

i dont really understand the whole flashpoint thing at all i mean codies other games are all great ???

Precisely, also none of us thought ANYONE could get it THAT wrong! I mean, it's like nobody played the multilayer before the release, even Stevie Wonder would have seen THOSE bugs! Single player was pretty good though, just the multiplater that let it down. Same with IL-2, single player was ok apart from P51 stuff, I LOVED it, it's just again, QA of multilayer was non existent, unless they got Ray Charles to do it.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Approved Member

LMAO I can see it now Ray and Stevie in a room beta testing flashpoint

SW:"hello is it me your shooting at"
RC: "hit the road jack"
Old 11-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
LMAO I can see it now Ray and Stevie in a room beta testing flashpoint

SW:"hello is it me your shooting at"
RC: "hit the road jack"
haaaaaa!!!! classic
Old 11-30-2009, 12:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
...QA of multilayer was non existent, unless they got Ray Charles to do it.
It's not QA's job to report design problems, although they can make suggestions (which can obviously be ignored). QA are there to discover bugs, of which there aren't many. All the common issues cited on this forum are design issues, not bugs.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
It's not QA's job to report design problems, although they can make suggestions (which can obviously be ignored). QA are there to discover bugs, of which there aren't many. All the common issues cited on this forum are design issues, not bugs.
incorrect, there are many of both, including the poor multi-player coding. But I'm not going to discuss this with you, because you blindly believe that its amazing, so if you reply to this I shall not indulge you in another boring conversation where you disagree with me. Largely Daz and I were discussing Operation Flashpoint 2 anyway.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:14 AM
Approved Member

Yeah put words in my mouth then run away. Real mature. I don't deny BoP has problems at all, I just maintain that the game is playable and fun inspite of them. But learn to differentiate between a bad design decisions and software faults. They are very different.

"Blindly"? Based off many weeks of solid play? OK.

Flashpoint is horrendously buggy though.

EDIT: and don't try to side step your bullshit statement with that lie - what I quoted was very much to do with BoP:
Quote:
Same with IL-2, single player was ok apart from P51 stuff, I LOVED it, it's just again, QA of multilayer was non existent, unless they got Ray Charles to do it.

Last edited by InfiniteStates; 11-30-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

Default QA is time consuming

QA work is a slow process especially in multiplayer where the variables many and can be very hard to replicate.
Variables which include
1 upload/download speed of the various players
2 the various combinations of aircraft being used
3 the various set ups of levels e.g weather time of day
4 number of players
5 stability of network/lan being played across (steam, live, psn)

Then there is all the player actions (which in a 3d environment is alot) in conjuction with those list above; that cause a bug to occur, some bugs maybe be one time bugs that cannot be replicated and are in part due to local conditions on the device in question.
Others are repeat bugs and need to be exactly replicate two or three time to confirm their existence the they get sent to the programmers to be fixed

Understand the process before you whine. They are releasing a fix so they have been working on the probelms where other companies wouldn't have bothered
Old 12-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
i thought you might

infinatestates you might want to read this post again cause i am deffo talking about ofdr 100% and so was house in his reply and comment about ray charles maybe you should learn to read first and type second ??