Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 09-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Registered Member

Default One problem down..

FYI, I was stuck with the same BMRENDER bug for a few days whenever I started the game but found a way around it. I downloaded 3D Analyze (free), which lets you tweak several of the graphics settings. The only item I checked off when running the KB.exe file is "Run in windowed mode". It doesnt actually run in a window.. but the game runs perfectly. Don't ask me why it works, but I was just thrilled that I didn't waste $40.. not to mention the game is amazing.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

Default Technical stuff

Hello Egoo and everyone,

Ladies and gentleman. How does a person explain all of these technical problems? Try this. I installed the demo on a higher end PC that runs with no difficulty, in my opinion a more graphic intensive game titled "The Witcher." However, King's Bounty would not run on the same pc. See entering the first portal crash in another thread. I gave up.

With time on my hands I installed the DEMO again on a slower PC/CPU that runs at 2.40GHz and has the following older video card Card name: 128 DDR ATI Radeon 9700 TX w/TV-Out. Lo and behold the DEMO runs fine with no difficulties and motivated me to purchase the DVD game from J&R Music at Amazon.com. J&R is located in New York,

A word to the wise. I am still concerned if the complete game when installed will work? However, others on this forum have installed the game running on a slower PC than the one above and the game runs very well. Thus, what does this all mean? I suggest before you run out and purchase a new video card. You may be a abit hasty. The game sounds to me as if it has been released with the requirements set far too high with the new Vista machine being the baseline target and King's Bounty does not require such a high end machine. It happens. Hopefully a patch and my experience with the game will continue to be on the positive side. However, when I install the complete game we'll see?

Be sure and read some of the PC specs on other threads that have been successful running the game. They are eye openers.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

I'm pretty sure J and R doesn't ship outside the US.

So you got it running on your older machine? Or you don't have the game yet?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Registered Member

Hi guys

I live in Australia and just downloaded the demo from a local client. I've played it and loved it but not sure how to buy it, it asks me if i want to activate it b4 entering demo. It would be great if i just have to buy the serial number but where? i wouldnt want to download anything since i use dial-up, i asked my brother to download the demo for me. Anyways if u can tell me an aussie where to buy and activate the full game that'll be great.

Oh, i did have a little problem when playing the game. Every 30secs or so the game would slow down for a few seconds. It was getting very annoying so i put all the graphics down low and that didnt help. I updated to the latest nvidea drivers and started reading these forums. I finally diabled one of the cpus so only one was being used and that seemed to help. When you boot up the game alt-tab then alt-tab-delete, go to prosesses find kb.exe and right click it, select affinity then uncheck all but one cpu. It has helped me with other games i thought i'd give it a shot
Old 09-30-2008, 01:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_park View Post
i wouldnt want to download anything since i use dial-up, i asked my brother to download the demo for me. Anyways if u can tell me an aussie where to buy and activate the full game that'll be great.
The demo is not the full version of the the game. The full game is about 2GB and the demo is about 720MB. I am not sure exactly why the demo has the activation dialog when you start it up, but as far as I know, there is no way to get any extra content from the demo if you somehow obtained an activation code. I guess I should have tried my key in the demo to see what happened before I deleted it.

I know that people have been having trouble finding boxed copies here in the US, so I am guessing it can't be much better down under. If you can't find a boxed copy there I would suggest going to someones house that has a fast connection and purchase a Direct Download there, burn it, and bring it home. Of course this assumes that the person downloading it also has a DVD burner. You could also bring your box to the fast connection, set up networking, and download it directly to your computer.

Here is a link where you can purchase and download it:
http://www.atari.com/us/games/kings_...legend/dvd_rom

Good luck.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

Thank you for your reply xanthanx. That will be something i will do i think, either get some1 to download or take my box over and download it as to avoid any protection conflict that might arise.

Cheers.

My closest games shop is 2 hours drive away
Old 09-30-2008, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthaz View Post
The demo is not the full version of the the game. The full game is about 2GB and the demo is about 720MB. I am not sure exactly why the demo has the activation dialog when you start it up, but as far as I know, there is no way to get any extra content from the demo if you somehow obtained an activation code. I guess I should have tried my key in the demo to see what happened before I deleted it.

I know that people have been having trouble finding boxed copies here in the US, so I am guessing it can't be much better down under. If you can't find a boxed copy there I would suggest going to someones house that has a fast connection and purchase a Direct Download there, burn it, and bring it home. Of course this assumes that the person downloading it also has a DVD burner. You could also bring your box to the fast connection, set up networking, and download it directly to your computer.

Here is a link where you can purchase and download it:
http://www.atari.com/us/games/kings_...legend/dvd_rom

Good luck.
I thought that I saw about 6GB being installed.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered Member

I just bought the game from the local GameStop for $39.99.

My machine is an AMD 64 X2 Dual 4400+ (2.2ghz) with 1GB ram and a nvidia GeForce 7800GS 256MB video card (AGP 8X)

Going to load it up now and I'll let you all know how it goes....
Old 09-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Registered Member

The game installed 5.35 GB onto my hard drive.

I just completed all three training quests without so much as a single hiccup!!!

Great game!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogs99 View Post
PLEASE HELP ME! i just bought the game today and i'm having trouble starting the program. always get an error message unknown r_path'ps20' i've updated drivers and everything even went to the russian kings bounty forum to seek help. apparently it was a problem with the russian version but they said they have included the latest patch with the american/english version. WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!!??

system

pentium 4 2.6 Ghz
3gb ram
Ati radeon 9000 series
latest windows xp service pack (svc pack 3)
updated every drivers (video, dvd, sound, windows xp)

Hy, I have the same problems starting to run this game. Please if someone have experience with this. Maybe, someone is here to know!??
Is there a problem with graph. card because also i have ATI radeon 9200 SE!?
Thank you for your answers!!