Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Global Moderator

Luthier made is clear about constructive criticism.

Mods are deleting whines, and other junk along with postings by members that are rebutting them.

If you can't say something constructive that means something... don't post.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF View Post
Ilya,

What is the status on the dynamic campaign system? We know from the announcement on the Ubi forums that it won't make the original release.
As I recall all the dynamic campaigns were done by third parties for Il2 for the longest time. I think at one point Oleg just included a 3rd party campaign into an addon and stayed with the practice.

IMO, any computer generated campaign is nuisance. I only like human created campaigns.

I wouldn't even worry about it at this time. Campaigns will definitely be available.

Last edited by nearmiss; 02-04-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF View Post
Ilya,

What is the status on the dynamic campaign system? We know from the announcement on the Ubi forums that it won't make the original release.
I'd like to hear comments about this as well.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Approved Member

It's a personal issue, really. Personally, I have yet to experience a (modern day) combat-flight-sim campaign experience quite like BoB2. That, for me, is the benchmark I'd like SoW to exceed when I fly it.
I know some don't like the fact that you can take a commanders role in the aforementioned game, but one can fly as a single pilot.
Having said that, I have also enjoyed some great dynamic campaigns in Il-2, although on the scale of things they don't come close to BoB2.
Either-way, I will enjoy SoW in whatever form it is released in.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Approved Member

to luthier, or oleg, ... or olga:

i dont see to much Bushes Skins for planes:
bf 109 have 2 particulary bushes skins: white and red , and circles of red white and black.
spitfire have too , for example: cirle black and white

this is my crappy example:

will be in the official release or we need to download skins in some future.

"" No, I am not shitting you"", my recuest of bush skin is true:

Another question: where are the holes of 7,6mm in that HE111?
i cant see the holebullets.

pd:sry my fukcrap english
Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 02-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Approved Member

Damn missed you Luthier, but maybe you see this question tomorrow. When the video was at an end you was telling them to cut recording, is this because you did not want us to see the parachute scene? Also i noticed the eject scene was missing that animation you showed us of a bailing sequence, has this also been removed for release?

Thanks for taking the time to respond today and hope you get time tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

I can live with a scripted campaign but does that mean that damage and losses will not be carried over to the next mission? Perhaps someone can enlighten me please?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
We are redoing everything about clouds from scratch, but not for the release. The puffs are going to be in the release. A completely different cloud system with much better visuals, especially in terms of light scattering, is pretty early in development.

I have to add a disclaimer here because when I don't it bites us in the rear. Everything I'm discussing in terms of future plans is a work in progress and is subject to change. As a matter of fact, it's pretty much a guarantee that the final feature will be different from what I'm describing today.

Please gentlemen, understand that game development is a very long, complex process. Plans we describe are just that, plans. Every single thing we said we were working on, we were indeed working on at the time. Working is the key work here. We're doing something no one, including ourselves, has ever done before. So when we tell you that we're working on something, that means we are walking down an uncertain road and we don't know when we get there, and what shape we're going to be in when we do.

WORK. IN. PROGRESS. Please understand these simple words.
I think most people dont understand this because they are not creative. Has not created or produced anything for themselves. Its sad.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Approved Member

I haven't made many posts on the forum , but i read it every day.. This is great, I'm so excited for next months release.. Love the screens and love the video!!!!! TrackIR is so smoothly merged with the game. Going to be awesome!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Approved Member

Hi! and thankyou very much for the update.

In the video Luthier is using a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. As I've recently got one I'ld be interested to know how CoD handles the On-Off switches on the throttle.

In IL2 many of the game commands are toggles, where the same key switches the system on or off (ie the engine switch where it is controlled by a single momentary switch ). Will CoD allow a latching OFF/ON switch (like many on the Warthog throttle) to be switched on and stay in that state until the switch is turned off?

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers and thanks again
Closed Thread